Dr. Dre Sold His Record Collection

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

A_DuB

Sicc OG
May 8, 2008
Dr. Dre Says He Sold Off Record Collection Of Around 80,000 Pieces
By Ronnie Gamble, Published 12/07/2010

In the outtakes for Vibe's cover story with Dr. Dre, the legendary producer revealed that he has parted ways with his record collection, consisting of around 80,000 records.

If fans can remember, there were photos of Dre with that collection on the inserts of Dre's 1999 album, The Chronic 2001. In the photo, the producer is showed sitting in a room filled with records, some scattered on the floor. Those photos, taken by partner Mel Man, are now memories long-gone.

During a conversation for the Vibe cover story, Dre was asked about the collection of vinyl, which he revealed he no longer had.

"The record collection is gone now," he said.

Dre said he wasn't using them anymore, so he decided it was time to sell them off. But, he kept a few of them.

"What I did was just went through and jotted down everything I was in love with so I could order it [later]," Dre said.

In outtakes, published at NodFactor.com, Dre said he kept Curtis Mayfield's "Super Fly" soundtrack, Nirvana's 1989 debut Bleach, and Barry White's Greatest Hits.

A rock grunge album? Yes, Dre said: "That's one of my favorite albums ever made. I still listen to that sh** to work out."

Just a little interesting tidbit about the good doctor while fans away the release of Detox, due out in early 2011.

SOURCE: http://www.ballerstatus.com/2010/12...off-record-collection-of-around-80000-pieces/

Ry

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
  • Ry

Ry

He should try listening to some old records to inspire himself to put out some good music...

Dec 25, 2003
Maaannn...... WITF was he thinkin?????? What a complete waste of classic records......
Just me tho; fuck that!!! Thats truly something that a hardcore dead-serious passionate collector from the heart & soul (me for best example) would never ever do EVER!!!!!! ...and you can never fault me for something that I truly love ya feel me on that folks???