Dr. Dre In uses Illegal Sample....whole story here

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 22, 2002
Told u he would be dead.....

Dr. Dre's Aftermath Entertainment is in settlement negotiations with the Calcutta, India based music and film conglomerate, Saregama India Limited. The settlement talks are based on an illegal sample used in Truth Hurt's smash hit, "Addictive." The song contains samples of an Indian movie soundtrack owned by the company. The original singer was also unlawfully used on the track, according to Dedra Davis, the attorney representing the Indian company.

The track, which was produced by DJ Quik used portions of Hindi track "Thoda Resham Lagta Hai," by Lata Mangeshkar. The song appeared in a popular Hindi movie, "Jyoti."

According to Davis, Dr. Dre's legal counsel was contacted about the sample issue. The counsel responded that they didn't know how to find the owner of the track, because the company had changed names several times. "Producers, if you are going to use someone else work, ask first," Davis told AllHipHop.com. "If you can't find them, don't use the work. What is done in the dark, does come to light!"

http://www.allhiphop.com/hiphopnews/?ID=1064

May 22, 2002
MoonChild said:
There Stupid, They gettin a paycheck and there makin him out to be a Thief & winin' like some hoes. Networking if good for the Culture, always has been..
What u talking about...i COMPLETELY disagree....cause
1) dre maked 51.9 million a yr
2) he STOLE an UNAUTHORIZED sample
3) making him to bea thief....?? eminem has a bad rep as it is...it dont matter

Jul 6, 2002
www.soundclick.com
That dont make no sense dogg, Dre Is A "DO-er" Takes Action.
Mabe a sucka or whatever but Hey they all gettin payed! His 56 mil is his created beats since NWA! You see It is good to feed offa eachother theres enough for everyone!

May 6, 2002
krishna said:
dre's been in the game long enough to know not to do some stupid shit like use an unauthorized sample..
He's been in the game long enough to not give a fuck. He knows by the time anyone finds out he has made enough to pay for the law suit... & last buy not least. Using samples ilegelly makes for more contriversy & contrivesy makes money.

Apr 25, 2002
The track is hot and I would have used it anyway too. And quit actin' like the cat just didn't give a fuck. He wasn't able to contact the company because they changed names several times. That's entirely reasonable, especially considering it's a foreign company.

Jun 20, 2002
OH SHIT DR. DRE & QUIK STOLE A SAMPLE!!! GIVEM THE ELECTRIC CHAIR! B-F-D- BUDDY, I MEAN SHIT WE ALL DO IT. WE ALL BURN CD-RS, DOWNLOAD SHIT AND OCCASIONALLY MIGHT TAKWE SUMONES TIGHT AZZ BEAT AND RECREATE IT! THEREZ ENOUGH CHEEZE FA EVERYONE. AND WITH THE SHIT OIN ON IN INDIA THEY NEED TO WORRY ABOUT THEY AZZ AND NOT A SAMPLE!

REEL TALK!

Apr 25, 2002
H.HEATED & BLAC said:
OH SHIT DR. DRE & QUIK STOLE A SAMPLE!!! GIVEM THE ELECTRIC CHAIR! B-F-D- BUDDY, I MEAN SHIT WE ALL DO IT. WE ALL BURN CD-RS, DOWNLOAD SHIT AND OCCASIONALLY MIGHT TAKWE SUMONES TIGHT AZZ BEAT AND RECREATE IT! THEREZ ENOUGH CHEEZE FA EVERYONE. AND WITH THE SHIT OIN ON IN INDIA THEY NEED TO WORRY ABOUT THEY AZZ AND NOT A SAMPLE!

REEL TALK!
yea thats what i think when i hear artists crying over bootleggin... and in their records their talkin about takin peoples lives, robbing people etc. thats why i try not to judge cause i know i do some foul shit too