DR.DRE BACK IN THE STUDIO

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 5, 2007
Dr. Dre Back In The Studio

According to NME, Dre has an album in the works. Detox will be the good doctor’s first album of solo original material since 1999’s 2001.

Dre’s got a lot of friends (and, one presumes, a lot of people who owe him a favor or two), so the new album is littered with hip-hop heavyweights making guest appearances. Among them: Snoop Dogg, Busta Rhymes and Jay-Z. He told Los Angeles radio station Power 106, "I'm trying to get everybody that I've ever worked with over the years to appear on the record."

Dre went on to say that he’s putting a lot of pressure on himself with this album, recognizing how long he’s made fans wait for it. But, of course, Dre remains confident. “Trust me, this will be worth the wait--I'm trying to make this the one they remember me for … It's a lot of pressure but I'm feeling good about it. I feel like I'm my worst critic and if I'm loving it, everyone else will.”

No release date has been scheduled yet, but, according to the man himself, it will be out by the end of this year.

VIA http://www.hiphopgame.com/news.php3?id=1543
i dont take credit for this

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
this thread could be 4 years old and i wouldnt even know it...same shit thats been said forever about this album. big deal

how is him working on an album news?

Jan 5, 2007
Jake said:
this thread could be 4 years old and i wouldnt even know it...same shit thats been said forever about this album. big deal

how is him working on an album news?
well cuz this has just been posted and talked about from dre himself on the radio so it is new but he has been working on the album for awhile.i think it will be tight as hell when released.remind u he is tryin to get ever1 he worked with wich is very hard to do and he has a fam to that he loves so its gonna take time.and yea he is always working on albums but not for himself im pretty sure he will be rapin on here.its gonna be like eminems newest cd the re-up with a bunch of ppl not just em but in this case not just dre

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
he will have to either invent something radically new or go back ot the 90s sound to make a good album because his beats weren't all that in the last few years....

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
he better do something cause the hype and anticipation behind this album is ridicluous,he is setting himself up for the biggest letdown/dissapointment in history. if it even falls a little short and isnt the classic everybody wants he is going to get shit.

i personally think the album will be garbage. just as tha g said,his production over the last 3 years has be severly overrated. his has done nothing that timbo,scott storch, and countless other producers that use that same scheme havent done.

Dec 25, 2003
Disappointment or not; it's still gonna sell HUGE!!!!!!

Why??? Simple!! Dre made the West Coast Gangsta Rap blown up into the entire history!!!!!!

Dre has an enormous fanbase ranging from the teenegers of today to even people over 50!!!!!!

Believe me, millions of people out here are waiting reel bad for The Detox to come out!!!

...and when it comes out, it's gonna hit platinum in a week!!!!!!

So since The Chronic & 2001 were pure hip-hop classics then chances are Detox will pretty much be a classic too, even if it isnt as every-track bangin/catchy as 2001 or The Chronic!!! Either way it's gonna be overrated!!!

Jul 21, 2005
snypamuzicc.blogspot.com
Jake said:
he better do something cause the hype and anticipation behind this album is ridicluous,he is setting himself up for the biggest letdown/dissapointment in history. if it even falls a little short and isnt the classic everybody wants he is going to get shit.

i personally think the album will be garbage. just as tha g said,his production over the last 3 years has be severly overrated. his has done nothing that timbo,scott storch, and countless other producers that use that same scheme havent done.
agree, not like this is gonna drop anytime soon anyways.

Jan 5, 2007
yea well the hype is big and never compare him to storch or timbo exp timbo..jus cuz dre isnt bringing sexy back dosnt mean its gonna be wack but ne ways every1 gots there opinon and it has two ways it could go sell really good and be a classic or the too much hype comes back and it will sell still jus cuz its dre but still sell less then if it were to be a classic...either way i think its comin..also ne one hear ne singles from this detox

Apr 20, 2005
13 songs. I'm already dissapointed. What up with all these short as albums? A quadrouple cd would be worth the wait not a maxi single.

Jan 5, 2007
8FIVE8 said:
13 songs. I'm already dissapointed. What up with all these short as albums? A quadrouple cd would be worth the wait not a maxi single.
only 13 wht this cant be tru every1 he worked with would take a double disc wtf man now im dissapointed well those 13 songs better be tight

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
Dark Shadow said:
bet it only be half ass, most people only like putting half ass working into an album now days
well, Dre is known for NOT doing that...

I personally think 13 songs is better than a double CD because if it was a double CD I am sure it would have been a disappointment

if it's just 13 perfect tracks, then everything's OK

The Chronic had 12 real tracks, 2 instrumental tracks with talking and 2 skits and it was classic

2001 had 17 (+ 5 skits) and 3 or 4 of them weren't that great but it was still a damn good album

the problem is that I expect The Detox to have some of his worst beats ever and to be overcrowded with has-beens like Jay-Z and P. Diddy who can't bring anything new and fresh anymores

Jul 21, 2005
snypamuzicc.blogspot.com
ThaG said:
well, Dre is known for NOT doing that...

I personally think 13 songs is better than a double CD because if it was a double CD I am sure it would have been a disappointment

if it's just 13 perfect tracks, then everything's OK

The Chronic had 12 real tracks, 2 instrumental tracks with talking and 2 skits and it was classic

2001 had 17 (+ 5 skits) and 3 or 4 of them weren't that great but it was still a damn good album

the problem is that I expect The Detox to have some of his worst beats ever and to be overcrowded with has-beens like Jay-Z and P. Diddy who can't bring anything new and fresh anymores
well dre been slipping especially with beats lately. and thats what i also expect from dre with features and crap.

Nov 14, 2006
Shit will be bangin! Dre isnt a stupid motherfucker. he knows what his fans like and just cuz he makin beats you dont like for other people dont mean he makin them same beats for himself, hell naw. hes gonna come out with a real west coast sound and really put the west back up there. yea it aint gonna be straight westcoast album with the jayz s and shit on there but im sure the shit will be hot......at least i hope