dont buy gas on may 15th

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 6, 2004
got this in an email earlier.

Don't pump gas on may 15th.

In April, 1997, there was a "gas out" conducted nationwide in protest of gas prices. Gasoline prices dropped 30 cents a gallon overnight.

On May 15th, 2007 all internet users are asked to not go to a gas station and pump gas in protest of high gas prices. Gas is now over $3.00 a gallon in most places.

There are 73,000,000+ American members currently on the internet network.

If all users did not go to the pump on the 15th, it would take $2,292,000,000.00 (that's almost 3 BILLION) out of the oil companies pockets for just one day, so please do not go to the gas station on May 15th and let’s try to put a dent in the middle eastern oil industry for at least one day.

If you agree (and I can' t see why you wouldn't' ) resend this to everyone on your contact list with it saying ''Don't pump gas on May 15th".

Apr 16, 2003
google.com
Why so they can make up the difference by adding a nickel the next day? YEAHHHHH... What people should do is boycott one particular gas company for a week or two forcing them to drop prices and everyone else to compete.

Nov 6, 2004
Why so they can make up the difference by adding a nickel the next day? YEAHHHHH... What people should do is boycott one particular gas company for a week or two forcing them to drop prices and everyone else to compete.

how realistic is that ? not very

V

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
  • V

V

wouldnt this mean you gonna fill up on gas a day or two earlier so you dont gotta buy it on the 15th?

I mean I'm all for the cause...fuck the oil companies...but I dont see this hurting them much

What Likwid suggested might be the better thing to do but you would need alot of people to be on the same page for that to happen in any circumstance...

May 16, 2006
all u gotta do is steal someones creditcard. get like 10 little red gallon gas containers. go to a gas station. use the creditcard to fill your tank. and fill all the rest of the other containers. might fuck up someones credit but oh well

Apr 16, 2003
google.com
f.suckaz said:
got this in an email earlier.
How realistic is the email you are passing on. So say the average American cannot buy gas on the 15th....Don't you think they are going to buy tomorrows gas the night before therefore canceling the whole point of protesting?

C

CcytzO_Loc

yoinkIZback31 said:
all u gotta do is steal someones creditcard. get like 10 little red gallon gas containers. go to a gas station. use the creditcard to fill your tank. and fill all the rest of the other containers. might fuck up someones credit but oh well

yeah i wasnt trying to expose game and at the same time thas not really stealing from the gas company cuz they gettin paid stilll.....but as long as it dont cost me shit im good......

and yeah most people will just fill up the day before or get gas next day.....the world must go on and we need gas no matter what therefore they will keep charging us....they did that shit 97 and it worked for what a day or two???? obviously didnt work too well since 10 years later gas is at an all time high....

askG

Sicc OG
Nov 19, 2002
lol...dont buy gas a certain day, buy it another day...dogg...your ar will still need gas at the end of the day...and at the end of the day, the same ppl you witheld buying gas from on day 1, will be the same ppl youre buying gas from on day 2...they got us by the balls with gas...i commute 15-20 min to work and school everyday so for someone like me (and there are millions of me) theres no other alt but to drive...

a bigger solution is for all ppl who can walk or ride bike to work schoolor wherever do it...and use less gas...or some billionaire to bankroll some biocar and buy himself anuclear warhead from terrorists so the bigwigs will think twice about making him endup missing or they suicide him...but im sure theyd still get the dude.

Apr 16, 2003
google.com
One time there was this new broad working the first gas station you hit when coming into Hollister via hwy 156. I have her 10 and I go to put gas. The gas hit's 9 bucks and doesn't slow down, hit's ten, 13, 16. Shit never stopped. Filled the fuck up and got the hell out of dodge!

askG

Sicc OG
Nov 19, 2002
on a side note only way to get to my work and schol are freewayd and backroads that would take anywhere from 45min-1hr to reach my destination, and very dangerous road so im stuck

Nov 6, 2004
Likwid said:
How realistic is the email you are passing on. So say the average American cannot buy gas on the 15th....Don't you think they are going to buy tomorrows gas the night before therefore canceling the whole point of protesting?
its realistic if a large number of people do it. its not that hard to understand, atleast it shouldnt be.

Apr 16, 2003
google.com
f.suckaz said:
its realistic if a large number of people do it. its not that hard to understand, atleast it shouldnt be.
You just killed your own statement. IF A LARGE NUMBER OF PEOPLE DID IT. Well the odds are that it won't happen, that means it's not realistic dude. It's hard to understand for some people I guess:cheeky:

C

CcytzO_Loc

f.suckaz said:

what you seem to find hard to understand is that it doesnt matter in the long run....like i said 10 years ago they did this and gas is even more expensive now.....one day wont hurt they poccets that much.....they been charging us so much they can afford to go a week without selling any gas and they'd still net ridiculous profits.....

Nov 6, 2004
how the fuck did i kill my own statement ? you arent very bright. how do you know what the odds are ? thats right you dont. i can tell you for a fact that A LARGE NUMBER OF PEOPLE are tired of paying $3.00+ a gallon.

Nov 6, 2004
CcytzO_Loc said:
what you seem to find hard to understand is that it doesnt matter in the long run....like i said 10 years ago they did this and gas is even more expensive now.....one day wont hurt they poccets that much.....they been charging us so much they can afford to go a week without selling any gas and they'd still net ridiculous profits.....
its not about stopping them from making money, that is a given. the point is to try and make an impact for a single day. im not gonna go back and forth with you clucks, either you do it or you dont.

Apr 16, 2003
google.com
f.suckaz said:
how the fuck did i kill my own statement ? you arent very bright. how do you know what the odds are ? thats right you dont. i can tell you for a fact that A LARGE NUMBER OF PEOPLE are tired of paying $3.00+ a gallon.
Like it's easy to get 1 million regular drivers and comuters to not buy gas on one day ( but yeah fill up the day before ). Dude think about it, you're retarded or something. Either way in a span of 3 days the same amount of gas would be consumed, just not spread out as evenly. You find your 1,000,000 people not to buy gas that normally would and I'll give you the keys to my car.

C

CcytzO_Loc

f.suckaz said:
i can tell you for a fact that A LARGE NUMBER OF PEOPLE are tired of paying $3.00+ a gallon.

^then they need to do something real about it....all these cry baby americans aint ready for war thats the problem....

when them niggaz in the old days got tired of being taxed too much for shit they went to war and got their independance.....shit aint the same these days.....most americans are pussified and brainwashed and wouldnt even think about revolutionary change....