Don't BLOW your IRS refund & May rebates! Get WISE!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 22, 2005
Many folkz in the USA get that refund and go out blow it on stupid shit:
Ex. rims, $200 kicks, etc.

FUCC THAT! Don’t play yourself!
Slow your wannbe roll and THINK LONG TERM!

Where do you want to be in life 5 years or 10 years from now?
Get educated, get money...pay some debt off, then invest, save your funds!
Make your funds FLIP by investing it!! Overtime, you will benefit from these financial decisions.

I have ZERO DEBT!! You not hearing me, I have ZERO debt!
No car note, no house note, no credit card payments, no loans=NOTHING!!
Only normal monthly bills...phone, cable, gas, food.

The majority of the past 10 years, I took that big ass IRS refund that I was receiving and I paid off DEBT, then invested the rest.

IRA's for me and my wife, stocks in fortune 500 companies, college 529's for OUR kids.

It's satisfying knowing you have big G'zzz in the bank and you can get what you want to get and go where you want to go.

Young folks, don't fucc off your money...

In the words of Lil Wayne from "Over Here Hustlin"...
"I got the key to success, get money invest!"
Thats some real shit bro. im working on payin off my debts. its fucked up cuz im 19 and in debt. But soon ill be straight and be working in the positive!!!

HIM

Sicc OG
Sep 27, 2002
More ways to save at tax time and take advantage of opportunities your employer offers.

401K matches. This can be huge. If your employer offers any type of match for 401Ks, DO IT! I know not everyone can afford to do it, but if you can carve out just a little bit each check to do it, it goes a long way.

Example: I make $30,000/year and my employer offers a 50% match for up to 5% of my salary. I agree to do 5%. I put $1,500 into a 401K and my company puts in $750. This $750 is FREE money! I've now got $2,250 in a 401K, hopefully earning money. Even if my 401K goes down 10% (-$225) in a bad market I am still ahead over $500 ($2,250-225=$2,025) because my contribution was only $1,500. You don't pay money on your 401K earnings until you begin withdrawing this money at retirement or whenever.
Important-this saves you at tax time because the money you put in your 401K reduces your taxable gross income. Instead of you paying taxes on $30,000 of income at year-end, you pay on $28,500 ($30,000-$1,500).

I gotta run for a few and will post more, but if you got kids and pay daycare and don't take advantage of Medical & Dependent Flexible spending accounts you're throwing away more money.
Yeah BIG D knows his shit, I starting putting away %6 and my company matching it,..... into my 401k a year ago and the bitch is at $4000 already thats even with this sluggish market as of late......

I tried for over a year to get a BUSINESS / INVESTING Forum but no such luck, some of u need to go bump this post so Nemo adds it to the siccness.......

http://www.siccness.net/vb/showthread.php?t=208590
Same here..My company allows you to put away 5% of each check and they match it 100%..After a year 1/2 I am at $3,652.00..I work less time now because im a grad student and trying to hurry up and finish, but I still have my retirement going.. its free money..I advise EVERYONE to look into wherever you work and see what they offer..the sooner the better..you're passing up on free money..

Nov 20, 2005
im gettin my return next week. giving the majority of it to my mom and buying desperately needed new tires for my car. ugh.

~k.

Feb 14, 2004
awww man any time i get money, it burns a hole in my pocket. i couldn't save money if my life depended on it. but i really got to though. i have a debt over 5 g's from an old cell phone. but my return this year was only 400 and i got to give 300 of that to my pops.

May 11, 2002
I applaud your post, but for me that is common sense. I would go far as saying if your going to spend the money spend it on something you NEED not want.

Apr 26, 2002
Bacc In Texas
I applaud your post, but for me that is common sense.
"Common sense" equates to the knowledge and experience which most people have.
In this case, most people living in the hood, most people living in poverty and most that are neck deep in debt...they seriously lack "financial common sense" needed to escape their current financial situations. Knowledge is power, if you don't know how to escape debt, budget and invest, then the cycle of poverty repeats itself from generation to generation.
Let's not undermine people's intelligence on this subject, many do not have "financial common sense", thus we should educate.
With the said, what is common sense for you to do with your money (invest), does not equate to one in eight Americans. (see below)

"Consider the following facts:

One in eight Americans now lives in poverty. A family of four is considered poor if the family’s income is below $19,971—a bar far below what most people believe a family needs to get by. Still, using this measure, 12.6 percent of all Americans were poor in 2005, and more than 90 million people (31 percent of all Americans) had incomes below 200 percent of federal poverty thresholds."

source: http://www.americanprogress.org/issues/2007/04/poverty_report.html

I would go far as saying if your going to spend the money spend it on something you NEED not want.
I agree! Another opportunity to educate the masses.

One of the most basic concepts of economics is WANT versus NEED. This can help you make wise financial decisions with your green baccs!

A NEED is something you have to have, something you can't do without. A good example is food. If you don't eat, you won't survive for long.

A WANT is something you would like to have. It is not absolutely necessary, but it would be a good thing to have. A good example is 20 inch rims. You don't need duce O's to survive.

Honestly, I am surprise to see this thread generate so much interest, it's good to see folks step up and want to get their money right. Its 2008 folks!

In regards to my kids, my family and extended family are advised not to purchase toys for my kids.
My wife and I take care of that, my kids are str8, looking like Toys "R" Us.

The best thing my family and extended family can do for my kids is invest in their future. My kids have College Savings Plan (529) accounts and high interest savings accounts establish, my family and extended family are informed to put funds in these accounts. It can be as little as $20 when ever they choose, but after 18 years of that money growing and flipping, it will add up huge!
My young kids don't NEED $200 Gucci shirts and $175 Jordans, invest that money in their future.

I know cats with 20 inch rims on all their whips, Gucci shades and gear, but live in a hood trailer with Wal-Mart furniture. And they don't invest shit in their kids future! Sad fuccin thang!

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
real shit. worste people is those that claim they kids an dont use a fuckin dime on em an turn the fuck around an go to the club, by a car, by rims or a tv. piece of shit dont deserve to be called human. jackasses

May 11, 2002
"Common sense" equates to the knowledge and experience which most people have.
In this case, most people living in the hood, most people living in poverty and most that are neck deep in debt...they seriously lack "financial common sense" needed to escape their current financial situations. Knowledge is power, if you don't know how to escape debt, budget and invest, then the cycle of poverty repeats itself from generation to generation.
Let's not undermine people's intelligence on this subject, many do not have "financial common sense", thus we should educate.
With the said, what is common sense for you to do with your money (invest), does not equate to one in eight Americans. (see below)

"Consider the following facts:

One in eight Americans now lives in poverty. A family of four is considered poor if the family’s income is below $19,971—a bar far below what most people believe a family needs to get by. Still, using this measure, 12.6 percent of all Americans were poor in 2005, and more than 90 million people (31 percent of all Americans) had incomes below 200 percent of federal poverty thresholds."

source: http://www.americanprogress.org/issues/2007/04/poverty_report.html

I agree! Another opportunity to educate the masses.

One of the most basic concepts of economics is WANT versus NEED. This can help you make wise financial decisions with your green baccs!

A NEED is something you have to have, something you can't do without. A good example is food. If you don't eat, you won't survive for long.

A WANT is something you would like to have. It is not absolutely necessary, but it would be a good thing to have. A good example is 20 inch rims. You don't need duce O's to survive.

Honestly, I am surprise to see this thread generate so much interest, it's good to see folks step up and want to get their money right. Its 2008 folks!

In regards to my kids, my family and extended family are advised not to purchase toys for my kids.
My wife and I take care of that, my kids are str8, looking like Toys "R" Us.

The best thing my family and extended family can do for my kids is invest in their future. My kids have College Savings Plan (529) accounts and high interest savings accounts establish, my family and extended family are informed to put funds in these accounts. It can be as little as $20 when ever they choose, but after 18 years of that money growing and flipping, it will add up huge!
My young kids don't NEED $200 Gucci shirts and $175 Jordans, invest that money in their future.

I know cats with 20 inch rims on all their whips, Gucci shades and gear, but live in a hood trailer with Wal-Mart furniture. And they don't invest shit in their kids future! Sad fuccin thang!

Preach it man, preach it!

Apr 26, 2003
East Oakland, USA
Fuck that man that tax rebate is meant to be spent on taxable nonsense to boost the economy, thats why its designed for a lower tax bracket because they know itll be spent on liqour and rims. Im not saying be stupid with your money, but fuck getting all anal with every cent and socking everything away, when free money comes along in this situation have some fun and help the economy, like in ten years im gonna be like "Fuck i wish i had that 300 dollars, now i gotta live in a box." If your that fuckin stupid with money to have a ten year old tax rebate be your only hope in life you deserve to sleep in your car.

Jun 13, 2002
siccness.net
like in ten years im gonna be like "Fuck i wish i had that 300 dollars, now i gotta live in a box." If your that fuckin stupid with money to have a ten year old tax rebate be your only hope in life you deserve to sleep in your car.
If you have that attitude, then every couple hundred bucks a month that you had a choice to invest or spend, you'd always spend it and never save. D-Locc's not saying its suppose to be "your only hope", its suppose to be something free that you didn't "work" for and take advantage of it by making more money off it because every little bit adds up. That $600 at a (low estimate) return of 7% over ten years would double your money.