does anybody make good music nowadays?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
A

askgarcia

last couple of cds i have bought have been garbage...only thing getting regular play is that equipto vintage 3...westcoast mafia is an alright album...although only 2 or 3 songs can hold my attention...i dont see what the big deal about lynch being on the cd is about though...the song itself sucks.

dont even get me started on sac a indo...that piece of shit cd might as well have been called initiation prt 2...or the rejected songs from the initiation or vengeance is mine...x raided is my fave in the rap game but...GODDAMN his beats suck...you know what im talking about...the same ass sounding soft beat...like the ebat off the first song from sac a indo...how fucking soft that beat is OMG...raided might spit hard but if he doesnt have lyrics to back it up...his cds aint worth shit...to me rapping is 50% lyrics 50% beats...your short one and youre short...period.

A

askgarcia

ps...whoever knows c bo please tell him that he doesnt need the whole goddamn world on every song...i mean shit...when is the last time he made a decent solo song...enough of these comps ppl...bring out some solos...

ppl praising "solos" like ap9's and the jackas...those 2 albums were very good i agree...yet they werent solos...they might as well have been entire mob figgaz albums...the features on it were ridiculous...

and mac dre....:confused: WTF happened?????????stoopid doo doo dumb was his last good album...since then...to me the man has fallen off...that macdammit and friends is the worst ive heard from him since "its not what you say..."

Apr 25, 2002
@Garcia....shit folks, u might as well be like me and give up on all the artists u used to like so much. All they put out now is garbage! Im with u on the X Raided thing. One of my top 5 favorite artists....but the beats he raps on are BOO BOO. Ever since Unforgiven dropped (am I the only one who noticed that album is WACK?) his production has been crappy and doesnt fit his style. Ive turned to even more underground shit for good music....cuz it seems like the only good music nowadays comes from up and coming artists who are releasing their shit locally and hustlin over the net and dont have the money or name to get lazy like all our favorite artists from back in the day have. Check out cats like Smigg Dirtee or A-Wax....they comin with major heat. And if I were u, Id check out music from the NORTHWEST. We comin up and bringin a whole new sound to the westcoast. Check out the Street Level forum for more info. If u like that hard, lyrical street shit...u will like SLR, who's already got 5 albums out that u can purchase online. U will NOT be dissappointed. Take it from a person who was in the same boat as u before I started lookin in other places for tight shit.

Apr 26, 2002
Hollis needs sum new sound modules, or he need to tweak the sounds he has already, I'm tired of the same soundin' beats,they are too "flashy for X's Style"

Apr 25, 2002
And to add to the conversation, I have to agree with Big J....Hollis is fuckin weak. Im sick of his raver-ass sounding beats that sound like hes on a handfull of e-bombs every time he sits down to make one. Im sorry, but gangsta lyrics do NOT sound tight over a beat I can see some pale skinned acid head waving a glow stick to.

Apr 25, 2002
yup. here's some folks

DAZ
CBO
ONYX
TRAY DEE
X RAIDED & KINGPEN
E 40
MC EIHT
DJ QUIK
CORMEGA
DAYTON FAMILY
SCARFACE
AGERMAN
JT THE BIGGA FIGGA
and many many more. These are just the ones in the last two months. ha ha ha

May 4, 2002
im shittin on niggaz........aint to many in the game fuckin wit me......fuck it I said it.........if u still sleepin wake the fuck up!!!

Apr 25, 2002
Game Insane's album is tight as fuck. Been in the player for a long time. And for the don't knows, quit sleepin' on Syko's shit too.......

Aug 11, 2002
here's how i look at it ---> Beats, Lyrics, & Delivery... 1st Lyrics, 2nd Beats, 3rd Delivery..... if ur Lyrically skilled the delivery is automatic...... most of the time it's the beats that be wack.