DO U THINK THERE WILL EVER BE ANOTHER 2PAC IN THE INDUSTRY??

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 5, 2004
Lol nah im j/p breh. Im not as good of a bully as shea is i guess lol.

I do agree tho, that most of pacs fame can be attributed to his talent and work ethic; he did build up to what he became by his own real skills/attributes. I was just saying that all ppl who are famous have had help from the media, some way more than others, and some mainly from it(ie Tim Dog). But no matter how much media buzz pac had, a much smaller percent of his success can be honestly attributed to attributed to it

Last edited:

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
There may be many rappers that do things better than he did, but IMO there isn't a rapper that was able to do as much as he was able to do in terms of the range he had. He could teach you the game, talk about politics, make a love song, make a heartfelt song about his moms, talk about child abuse, kill an entire coasts worth of popular rappers, and make a party track, all on the same album and it was dope. I'm not saying he's my favorite of all time or that he was far and way the best lyricist, but he was the best ever. Very few dudes can do even half of what I listed but Pac could do it all and not lose respect with the hardest fools in the street, the ladies, etc...

Also keep in mind that 2pac was 25 when he died. He did benefit from being held in a higher regard due to his death at such an early age, but Quincy Jones said it best:

“The tragedy of Tupac is that his untimely passing is representative of too many young black men in this country....If we had lost Oprah Winfrey at 25, we would have lost a relatively unknown, local market TV anchorwoman. If we had lost Malcolm X at 25, we would have lost a hustler named Detroit Red. And if I had left the world at 25, we would have lost a big-band trumpet player and aspiring composer--just a sliver of my eventual life potential.”

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
duplicates of humans are not made, beyond twins.

i wouldnt want another tupac, were supposed to be different

someone needs to be themselves, not another person

youd be wasting your god given ability to be an individual

besides, tupac wasnt perfect, not even close, why set the bar right there? be better than tupac

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2002
I have to agree with Killa Tay the "intensity" won't be there ever again because the pain and fear that fueled that fire (shock g said 2pac rapped from the pit of his stomach.) is just not there as much or is being pacified just enough to keep it at a slow boil. The urgency from the black community is being lost in the changes in the American climate not to mention the changes in hip hop.

I don't think it's some crazy conspiracy or even done intentionally maybe it's subconsciously done.

2 PAC forever though. Fuck being all critical now that it's been almost 20 years. That man made a catalogue of Timeless music that we understand with our hearts, perhaps more so than our minds.

S.L.A.B

Hiphop-TV
Mar 26, 2006
hiphop-tv.blogspot.nl
wtf? Really? Ask your favorite westcoast artist(s) how good it was when PAC was alive. He helped put $$$ in a lot of people pocket directly & indirectly. This dude didn't discriminate on any artist from any region. He did songs with artists from east to west to south to Midwest before it was popular. Before pro tools and all that emailing verses. PAC wasn't perfect but he was genuine and I'll accept that over any fraud any day
Im talking the change he made as a person

Cut-Throat

Bob Pimp MOBBEN!!!
Apr 25, 2002
but there have been rappers who have been marketed and glorified just as much as 2pac, if not more (Jay-Z comes to mind)....but in basketball, never has any player been marketed and pushed with such an obvious league agenda as michael jordan. the marketing/media glorification he received during his playing days (and even now) is unrivaled.. Lebron is the closest, but still, even he isn't marketed half as much as Jordan was. with 2pac, rappers with the same marketing push have come and gone...the difference is that 2pac had an amazing work ethic and kept pushing on his own accord, which is attributed to his greatness more so than it is to the marketing factor.
Incisions is back...

:ab:

blunt_hogg559
Jul 6, 2005
kobe ain't no mj, he just wanted to be

side note: did any one else fck w the makavellu bootlegs in the 90's after pac passed? makavelli 2 thru 7? i think some of them were some of the same vocals that MoonChild @MoonChild posts...

Jan 18, 2006

side note: did any one else fck w the makavellu bootlegs in the 90's after pac passed? makavelli 2 thru 7? i think some of them were some of the same vocals that @MoonChild posts...
Yeah i listened to bunch of the songs way back when only song that slapped to me and still does is this. Fuck the weak remake they released on one of those albums released after Pacs death

Last edited:
Props: :ab: and :ab:
Nov 25, 2003
SUNSHINE CITY,CA
duplicates of humans are not made, beyond twins.

i wouldnt want another tupac, were supposed to be different

someone needs to be themselves, not another person

youd be wasting your god given ability to be an individual

besides, tupac wasnt perfect, not even close, why set the bar right there? be better than tupac
U KINDA TAKIN THE QUESTION OUT OF CONTEXT....IM SURE WE ALL KNOW WHO WE ARE. I WAS ASKING ON THE SCOPE OF ITS BEEN 18 YEARS SINCE HIS DEATH AND NO ONE HAS EVEN COME CLOSE 2 DOMINATING THE INDUSTRY LIKE THAT AND YALL KNOW IT. IVE HEARD A MILLION RAPPERS SINCE AND I ONLY KNOW ABOUT 10 ARTISTS WITH THE DEPTH 2 EVEN WRITE ENOUGH MATERIAL 2 LAST THAT LONG IN MUSIC. PAC ISNT MY FAVORITE MC BUT I THINK OVER TIME HE HAS BECOME MY FAVORITE RAPPER BECUZ OF THE RELEVANCE IN HIS MUSIC. I THINK ITS AN ENERGY LEVEL MYSELF.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
i know what you meant g.... but still there will not be another in any context

i said what i said because i think people forget that tupac was a human...i know that sounds weird but people have gotten into this weirdo ass dead-legendary figure-larger than life thing with pac that is just ridiculous to me

i say just let the man rest in peace and lets move on...thats just me tho....no offense to your particular question at mind

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2014

side note: did any one else fck w the makavellu bootlegs in the 90's after pac passed? makavelli 2 thru 7? i think some of them were some of the same vocals that MoonChild @MoonChild posts...

just as much as mj wanted to be dr. j

Aug 26, 2002
Hard Times
i disagree about mj

lets not forget about a man named kobe, who was able to do everything jordan did with even more range.

the media will have you think otherwise tho. jordan was great, no doubt. but he was propelled to superhuman like stature by media and marketing. he was david stern's cash-cow, and he came to the league in a day and age where marketing just began to take off..wheaties, gatorade, nike, space jam, etc...the general public was force-fed MJ until it was common notion that there was no one that could touch him, ever. reality is, there are about 10 GOATS who were all the best at what they did and are interchangeable with MJ, just didnt get the same push from the media+the league...lets not forget, David Stern made it so that you couldn't breathe on MJ without getting called for a foul. genius marketing, but don't be a sheep. elgin baylor, magic johnson, wilt chamberlain, larry bird, oscar robertson, kareem abdul-jabbar, etc can just as easily be argued as GOAT from a basketball purist stand-point as MJ.

as for 2Pac....unfuckwitable. any1 who says he's overrated doesn't understand the impact that 2pac had on rap music. shit, if he were alive today, i doubt if some of these weenies would even have a career.

I feel you. Kobe soz is dope but I don't think he's on the same level. Guess we'll have to agree to disagree

Oct 31, 2007
i disagree about mj

lets not forget about a man named kobe, who was able to do everything jordan did with even more range.

the media will have you think otherwise tho. jordan was great, no doubt. but he was propelled to superhuman like stature by media and marketing. he was david stern's cash-cow, and he came to the league in a day and age where marketing just began to take off..wheaties, gatorade, nike, space jam, etc...the general public was force-fed MJ until it was common notion that there was no one that could touch him, ever. reality is, there are about 10 GOATS who were all the best at what they did and are interchangeable with MJ, just didnt get the same push from the media+the league...lets not forget, David Stern made it so that you couldn't breathe on MJ without getting called for a foul. genius marketing, but don't be a sheep. elgin baylor, magic johnson, wilt chamberlain, larry bird, oscar robertson, kareem abdul-jabbar, etc can just as easily be argued as GOAT from a basketball purist stand-point as MJ.

as for 2Pac....unfuckwitable. any1 who says he's overrated doesn't understand the impact that 2pac had on rap music. shit, if he were alive today, i doubt if some of these weenies would even have a career.
e

Dude sit the fuck down with your weak ass comparisons!!!! Kobe can never be as great as Jordan. Kobe is way too inaccurate of a shooter, He cant control the flow of the game nor involve players or even elevate his team to perform on a championship level. I see you throwing a bunch of laker names out there do you even read what you type.You just sound like a bitter lakers fan. Be real with yourself.

Six rings thats all it is

Nigga wish he was 2-3 but he'll never be LOL