DJ WHOO KID & TECH N9NE "Bad Season" Mixtape thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 30, 2002
I loved that shit. Different tone than we usually get out of Tech. Love the other shit too, but this will be a track that gets everyone to notice his lyrical ability and delivery.

Nov 14, 2002
Dear Whoo Kid...

Obviously I’d like to thank Tech N9ne giving me the opportunity to be known to his fans because his fans don’t know me: I’m a clown, I’m an idiot.
We know you... At least.. I do. You're the guy that puts out mixtapes. Some are G-Unit, some are Wayne... Some of them suck, some of them don't. It has a lot to do with who the person is who's rapping, and less to do with what instrumentals you play and/or what you yell over, or cut short.

I do corny racial jokes all the time on my radio show. If you’re a real fan of Whoo Kid–which a lot of his fans are like “Whoo Kid’s an idiot, Whoo Kid blah blah blah”–you know I used to say Eminem fans…he has white trash fans, he said it, so it’s like why is everyone pissed off when I say that? I’ve been saying that for like the last eight, ten years–everyone knows that I’m joking! I am nowhere near racial. I have not one racial bone in my body. It just doesn’t make any sense–like people really think I was taking that in a serious context. It’s just too much for me to explain because I’ve been on radio for like twenty years and I’m a fool, I act like an idiot, and I just got tired of explaining myself. If you’re offended by that I’ll apologize to people who just don’t know me, but people that know me know that I’m an idiot and that I was joking.
The reason you've been getting away with that bullshit is because you have an "African-American" fanbase, who seek you out. White fans aren't really looking for you and black fans of Em don't care what you say about his "white trash" fanbase.

Why would I jeapordize Tech N9ne’s reputation by doing situations like that?
Because you didn't think anyone was listening...

It’s like everytime I heard the word “Tech N9ne” people would be like “Yeah, he’s got an ill fanbase, the crazy white trash.” I hear that all the time–like, everybody. I do my research and everybody tells me the same exact thing. So, in my mind, when I’m feeding a joke or going in, that’s the first thing that’s going to come up to my mind, because remember I didn’t know who Tech N9ne was. If you’ve got 15 or 20 people telling me the same answer about who his fanbase are, there’s no other explanation than what you guys told me!
Well then who the fuck were you listening to that said "They're the crazy white-trash fan-base" other than people around you who are probably not so white? I know I've never heard a person I know say "YEAH I LOVE THIS WHITE TRASH SHIT!" when they were first hearing Tech.

I never took it serious, even if they’re telling me that. Even if they’re telling me that “Oh, he has a white trash” fanbase, I never took it serious. I thought it was a joke! I didn’t even think about it once like “Oh, that’s fucked up.” I thought it was cool!
That's cool? A "white trash" fanbase? We're not Juggalos (the majority at least)... We don't degrade ourselves and walk around sayin' "White trash up in this bitch, where the fuck is the Tech N9ne at!?"

If you don’t know me, I apologize, but a good sixty-percent of his fans know who I am and they understand that I’m a dickhead and that I was joking and that it’s all good.
Again.. I know who you are. Many of the "white trash" probably don't, and I don't think that should be a big fucking surprise to you. Why would a "white trash" fanbase be listening to your mainly East Coast mixtapes?

You fucked up, sir. You thought you were saying whatever the fuck you wanted because you thought us "white trash" fans weren't paying attention. I hate to throw people under the bus, but I assume you're talking about "Juggalos" really... Maybe because of the shit you've heard. I can't say Tech doesn't have a Juggalo fanbase. Though even they don't deserve to be called "white trash" because you heard from some anonymous asshole that they all are.

I can say that about them because I know about it...

But let's just get it out of the way... What if a white dude said this "Whoo Kid" mixtape was some "nigger" shit?

I think the main point here should be... We're here to support the artist and the "DJ", so why talk shit on us? You had the opportunity to not only put your name out there for a HUGE group of listeners that had probably never heard of you, but also to be the shit to people who might have been on the fence. You pretty much shit on all of them.

I called the manager and was like “You know what? These people out here just can’t take a joke, or they’re ignorant, or they don’t know who I am. Let’s cancel the mixtape.” I respect Tech N9ne.
You said something like this on your Twitter... But if you have respect for Tech, why would you have even had a thought to not put the tape out?

Then you say...

I don’t want Tech N9ne to look stupid if people think he doesn’t care about what I said. That’s one of the reasons why I cancelled it in the beginning because I didn’t want Tech N9ne to look fucked up.
It's not like we'd knock Tech. Maybe question it a bit... But the issue wasn't the tape that we all wanted. The issue was your comment. WTF does your dumbass statement have to do with us wanting a Tech mixtape?

there’s a difference between his fans and the 50 Cent and Jay-Z fans. Our fans, they don’t care about what we do. If we’re wack, we’re wack…there’s no support. We have to have a hot record, we have to keep giving them free shit, we have to keep doing hot stuff or they just won’t care.
So Tech can put out wack shit and we're too stupid to fucking care? I feel like this whole thing sounds as if you were dropping an ICP mixtape and talking down on Juggalos. Can someone enlighten me on how Jay-Z doesn't have a hot record? Does Whoo Kid somehow make Jay-Z hot? Did Whoo Kid make 50? Or did Whoo Kid make a name on G-Unit when people just wanted that G-Unit sound on the East Coast?

I suppose I appreciate the half-assed apology from you sir... But you're making it seem like canceling the tape was our fucking fault. We wanted to hear the shit from day one. We just don't want to be called white trash, and I don't think that's too much to ask in a day in age when the majority of cash coming into the rap industry is predominantly from a white audience.

I see a lot of people on the thereal.com saying "I'm not mad about the 'white trash' comment".. and that's all good and fine. But those same people are saying "Who the fuck is Whoo Kid?" and they're fucking stupid. Whoo Kid is well respected.

With that being said... Boo.