DJ Mustard Breakfast Club (takes shots at mistah fab & stealing bay sound)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 7, 2006
I wouldn't say it's shots. He basically replied on him saying that Mustard stole the bay sound and he replied that he was too young to even be around back then. He basically said that it should be a California sound. He also mentioned that he gave Fab a beat before and thought they were cool, so he no longer messes with him.

Jul 25, 2007
I read an interview of him somewhere saying he was highly influenced by Traxxxamilion.

He seems like a cool dude tho. Reminds me of my laid back homies who just like to chill and crack jokes on each other.

Dope interview.

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2006
Mustard makes dope beats but I rep the bay and if he throwing any shade this way, thats wack to me.

This shit always happens:

The Bay get's hot / The Bay rappers, known & unknown saturate the game so much people get tired of that shit / The sound then dies / Years go by, someone finds a certain sound they like from the Bay & starts reinventing beats & recording tracks /Other rappers & producers blow up & start making hella money / The Bay get's mad & say people "stealing" because someone from outside the Bay figured out a way to make money off of a sound the Bay thought & was considered DEAD / Then people outside the Bay look at us like were just hella sour & salty!

The BAY's biggest problem is not people taking game from the Bay & reinventing it, The Bay's biggest problem is "OURSELVES" because we could have easily done the same!

del

Sicc OG
Nov 27, 2003
This shit always happens:

The Bay get's hot / The Bay rappers, known & unknown saturate the game so much people get tired of that shit / The sound then dies / Years go by, someone finds a certain sound they like from the Bay & starts reinventing beats & recording tracks /Other rappers & producers blow up & start making hella money / The Bay get's mad & say people "stealing" because someone from outside the Bay figured out a way to make money off of a sound the Bay thought & was considered DEAD / Then people outside the Bay look at us like were just hella sour & salty!

The BAY's biggest problem is not people taking game from the Bay & reinventing it, The Bay's biggest problem is "OURSELVES" because we could have easily done the same!
Exactly!!!!

Apr 25, 2002
fuck that was painful to watch lol. besides them talking about his weight for way too long the conversation was hella strained and awkward. lol @ DJ Envy "pause pause pause" that part was pretty funny.

besides taking a speech class or some shit that guy needs to humble himself a little bit and stop focusing on so much negativity. was i the only one that cringed when he told that story about that "hater" he embarrassed at the club? lol

oh and for the record: the invasion, league of starz >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> dj mustard

i'll take this shit any day over yg/mustard:

Feb 25, 2006
lol they shittin on fab jewelry tho
They said that to try and get a reaction from Mustard to start some shit LOL. Anyone that knows FAB knows he don't rock no fake shit.

Everything he gets is from Highline and Carl don't deal with no fake shit. FAB was Highline's first face & spokes person for the BAY & Carl made that custom "MISTAH FAB" piece. I'm almost sure he made his "Son Of A Pimp" piece as well.

Carl got his client list up when he made the 40 WATER piece.

Everything I've bought from Carl, I always take my pieces to get appraisals, and everything has always came back 100% legit, so I know personally Carl don't deal with that fake jewelry shit.

Feb 4, 2006
My thing is, there's never been a cali sound internally. Outsiders might label it that. But it's always been a bay sound & L.A. sound cent maybe in the 90s. I'm all for California unity. But give credit when it's due. Don't try to make it a cali thing now.