Diversity in Music

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
a few days ago there was a thread on here bout Dave Mathews band or some shit and foos was talkim bout white boy music and its wack cus it aint rap this and that....
most of yall probally heard of the song "genious of love" by the tom tom club....this is an example of respectin good music....
tom tom club is made up of the percussionists from the group "talking heads",a punk rock group from the eighties (you children of the 80's probally know of'em)....any way they had a side group(tom tom club) and recorded the song genious of love.from respect of good music you can hear "hip-hop" and "funk" elements....cant no body on here say that aint one of the hardest beats ever,its been sampled thru out northern cali rap,and mainstream....
the thing is some of yall wanna be ignorant and just listen to rap,thats coo but if someone likes something else its "white boy shit"."stick to rap".im sayin expand your minds because alot of the songs you listen to might have gotten an idea for a bass line from an old seventies "white" song....dr. dre used to say he listened to grunge because of the bass lines and guitar rifs.look at the example above,a knock influinced by hip hop and funk from a punk rock group....some of yall knuckleheads might not feel me,but the ones who love music will....

Apr 26, 2002
love me or hate me , but shit i listen to EVERYTHING, shit gotta love GOOD music in general. good music is good music weather it's rap,rock,grunge,dance, shit don't matter....some people are just afraid of what others will think...my opinion...peace

M-PHIVE

On the Rise
Apr 25, 2002
www.silasakasmiggdirtee.2ya.com
AS PREVIOUSLY STATED, PHOR A CD TO BECOME PART OPH MY COLLECTION, IT HAS TO BE GOOD MUZIK, PHROM RAP TO PUNK, TO R & B, WHATEVER. ANYONE THAT DOESNT LISTEN TO SOMETHIN BECAUSE ITS "WHITE BOY MUZIK", HAS SOME IDENTITY CRISIS GOIN ON. DONT GET ME WRONG, IPH YOU DONT LIKE SOMETHIN JUS CAUSE YOU DONT LIKE IT, THATS PHINE, BUT IPH YOUR REASONS ARE RACIAL, YOU GOT SOME PROBLEMS...ABA