Did You Hear? Run DMC in Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 27, 2007
My friend told me that Run DMC is being inducted next month w/Metallica and Jeff Beck at the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. I'm so stoked about this b/c it really shows the true recognition that hip hop is finally getting after all these years. What do u guys think?

cali1

Sicc OG
Feb 5, 2006
It's just respect due because now Hip-Hop has become the new Rock N Roll and Run-Dmc are our Rolling Stones....Now next year I wanna see 'em recognize Public Enemy hip hop's Led Zeppelin

Mar 10, 2006
In oredr to be considered for RnRHOF you must have had an album out for 25 yrs. When was Public Enemy's first release??? Yeah I'm young, so what you wanna fight about it?

Feb 7, 2006
i found a link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4TIh...e=channel_page about this and Rev is talking crazy, saying Weezy should of been inducted too. That's crazy cuz I don't think he deserves that honor at all yet..what history has he made? rapper with the most face tatoos? pleaseee...

but either way i got respect Rev and I'm probably gunna check out the ceremony tonight.
Rev been talkin some crazy foolish shit for a minute, russell need to introduce him to some buddhist shit or somethin cuz Christianity got this nigga buggin

Feb 7, 2006
NWA is raps black sabbath, since I cant think of another good comparison at the moment I'll ride with the ATCQ Beatles comparison.

Sep 13, 2007
Word..without Run-DMC, Def Jam, Russell Simmons and Rick Rubin, who knows where rap would be...they were the premier artists and label that showed that rap had staying power and wasn't a simple fad from the ghetto...their albums in the 80s were amazing and they are the forefathers for a lot of rappers, including Eminem...his speech to them at the ceremony was hot. Glad to see a big mainstream artist like him, giving props to one of the greatest.Anyone else see his speech?