Did the Luniz do anything before "I got five on it"?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 28, 2003
www.twitter.com
To my knowledge, "I got five on it" was their first song that came out commercially, and it's definitely the first time I heard from them. But I was thinkin about how they had damm near everybody from the Bay who was big at the time on the remix, and I was wonderin if they had been doin anything in the Bay before that song came out. I know a lot of artists are known locally before they get a chance to come out nationwide, so I wouldn't be suprised if that was the case with them.

D

DaSlimReaper

RIP HITMAN said:
before i got 5 on it came out the soaked game from rbl posse and bite dont give me no bammer weed callin it i got 5 on it !
Please, you are an idiot for disrespecting a classic. Fuck that Bammer weeds song, shit sounded country as hell compared to I Got 5 On It..

Feb 22, 2006
yeah that cd 4 got the name of it but they were all over dru down first cd..but yuk was the one who made the ice man song he said that back in 2000

Jan 23, 2006
THEY STEPPED ON THE SCENE IN 1993 ON THE DRU DOWN FOOLS FROM THE STREETS ALBUM. THEY EVEN HAD A SOLO TRACK ON THAT ALBUM WITHOUT DRU DOWN. THEY ALSO HAD THE LUNI TUNEZ E.P WHICH FEATURED DRU DOWN, RICHIE RICH, C&H AND KNUCKLEHEAD FROM DA PRODUCTZ.

DURING THIS TIME THEY WERE STILL DOWN WITH TOO $HORT AND RECORDING IN HIS STUDIO.

Mar 17, 2006
R-Tistic said:
I was wonderin if they had been doin anything in the Bay before that songQUOTE]

They had some verses on the first Dru LP, then..

Their first legitimate street hit in the town was this track Skanless on the Loony Tunez EP. That whole EP knocked, but Skanless in particular was heard everywhere on the east side for months.

STRATEGY

Mar 17, 2006
dzellian said:
THEY STEPPED ON THE SCENE IN 1993 ON THE DRU DOWN FOOLS FROM THE STREETS ALBUM. THEY EVEN HAD A SOLO TRACK ON THAT ALBUM WITHOUT DRU DOWN. THEY ALSO HAD THE LUNI TUNEZ E.P WHICH FEATURED DRU DOWN, RICHIE RICH, C&H AND KNUCKLEHEAD FROM DA PRODUCTZ.

DURING THIS TIME THEY WERE STILL DOWN WITH TOO $HORT AND RECORDING IN HIS STUDIO.

...and Ant Banks produced that whole album for $60,000!

STRATEGY

Nov 4, 2002
Scandalous, Scope and Doin Dirt are some super sick ass tracks..

"*Yukmouth damn these hoes are so skanless/ i click me heels 3 times to go to kansas/ just when i thought i had the hoe sprung of the dick *suga T(i be a psycho ass bitch when you talkin that bullshit!)"