DID HIP HOP FUCK UP BAY AREA RAP?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

M-1

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
whoever would think that "Hip Hop" fucked up "Bay Area Rap"..has no business listening to music any further and should put themselves to sleep

May 13, 2002
lol, how can hip hop fuck up bay area rap... bay area rap is our own hip hop... plus we got some real tight cats comin out of the bay that dont do gangsta rap but just regular lets have fun type of shit like "blackalicious" "living Legends" and all these other fools... Bay area rap aint gettin smobbed on by no east coast, niggas just dont feel our music and or lifestyle...

Jun 2, 2002
HIP HOP IN GENERAL HELPED OUT THE BAY AREA SCENE. YOU STILL HAVE THE "YAY AREA" DOIN IT, AND KEEP'N REAL. BUT CATS FROM THE WEST ARE GETTIN MAD PROPS ALL OVER THE STATES AND HELLA PLAY OVERSEAS. THIS WEST COAST HIP-HOP SCENE HAS HELLA NOTHIN TO DO WITH THE LOT OF EAST COAST RADIO STARS. I LOVE DAMN NEAR ALL HIP HOP AND WEST COAST RAP. SO I JUST MIGHT BE A BIAS BASTARD AND NOT SEE WHAT YOUR TALK'N ABOUT.

G

GANGSTAEIGHT

DJ Mark 7 said:
Not to try an clown homie but why yer name say "REAL PINOY" an u up on here sayin' "nigga"?

That shit doesn't make any sense
coz flips were called niggers too...

May 13, 2002
I THINK MOST PEOPLE ARE MISSING THE QUESTION, THE INFLUENCE OF EAST COAST HIP HOP HAS FOREVER CHANGED THE WAY PEOPLE LOOK AT BAY AREA MUSIC- I LIKE EAST,WEST NORTH SOUTH I REALLY DONT CARE WHERE ITS FROM-HOUSTON HAS ITS SOUND-MIAMI HAS ITS SOUND EAST COAST HIP HOP HAS VERY LITTLE INFUENCE IN THESE MARKETS,ITS VERY EASY FOR AN INDY ARTIST IN HOUSTON TO SELL 50-100 THOUSAND UNITS LIL FLIP,KEKE,BIG HAWK,ESG,3-2,K-RINO,ETC ETC-BECAUSE PEOPLE ARE USED TO THERE SOUND.THE BAY AREA IS SO DIVERSE THAT ITS HARD TO SAY IF ITS EAST WEST NORTH OR SOUTH,DONT GET ME WRONG IM NOT DISSIN ANY COAST OR STYLE I LIKE IT ALL

May 3, 2002
Foul Mouth said:
east coast dont rap hip hop,they rap.most of 'em just talk about bullshit over sloppy beats....
i disagree. don't west coast rappers rap gibberish that's un-useful in life? yes, some east coast rappers do talk jibberish, too, but a lot of them rap about shit with meaning. same on the west coast, but less.