Did Anybody juss hear dat new mistah fab song dey juss played on 106 Kmel?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 16, 2005
www.myspace.com
OK BEFORE THE RUMORS START FLYING LET ME JUST SET THE RECORD STRAIGHT . . .

BENZINO WAS AT THE STATION AND WAS PLAYING SOME TRACKS ON THE RADIO.THE SONG YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT WAS BENZINOS SONG FEAT.MISTAH FAB.BENZINOS PEOPLE TOLD US THE CD WAS CLEAN AND RADIO EDITED.HALF WAY THROUGH IT WAS OBVOUSLY NOT.THERE WAS LIKE 4 CUSS WORDS SO WE HAD TO CUT IT OFF AND GO INTO SOMETHING ELSE

Jun 22, 2007
Box Kev said:
OK BEFORE THE RUMORS START FLYING LET ME JUST SET THE RECORD STRAIGHT . . .

BENZINO WAS AT THE STATION AND WAS PLAYING SOME TRACKS ON THE RADIO.THE SONG YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT WAS BENZINOS SONG FEAT.MISTAH FAB.BENZINOS PEOPLE TOLD US THE CD WAS CLEAN AND RADIO EDITED.HALF WAY THROUGH IT WAS OBVOUSLY NOT.THERE WAS LIKE 4 CUSS WORDS SO WE HAD TO CUT IT OFF AND GO INTO SOMETHING ELSE
dats scanless i thought yall finally start playin mistah fab music again on kmel i guess i was wrong
yall need 2 start playin his music on der again

May 19, 2006
lmao at kmel still not playing fab's music...Cant wait till fab blowup and Von beggin him to do a backstage interview and shit...

DUTCH-F.E

Super Moderator
Apr 25, 2002
WWW.myspace.com
fab chose to go head up on friday nights with big vons mix show. by doing so fab was taking numbers on the ratings which made fab direct competition with von and scotty fox at kmel. it was a business rivalry, not a personal one. although when you deal with hip hop it can turn either which way at the drop of a dime.

my personal opinion the bay doesnt get 1/2 as much play as it should. but in that same breathe the bay doesnt give 1/2 as much good music as it should to force the hand of the radio. dont forget that majors have the payola schemes already lined up and the 16 spins a week (non mixshow) that are available (not bought up with payola) go to new records. if there are 100 new songs a week and only 16 spots for em..... you can do the math....

treat radio like a bad stripper..... it aint trickin if you got, but who really wants to be known as a trick?????

ty567

Sicc OG
Mar 26, 2006
har718 said:
lmao at kmel still not playing fab's music...Cant wait till fab blowup and Von beggin him to do a backstage interview and shit...
wont happen. FAB needs KMEL more than KMEL need FAB. If hes trying to blow up but cant even get radio play in his own backyard whos gonna take him serious? You know 949 aint gonna play his shit no more, they all about Maroon 5 and Justin Timberlake now.

Apr 24, 2006
DUTCH-F.E said:
fab chose to go head up on friday nights with big vons mix show. by doing so fab was taking numbers on the ratings which made fab direct competition with von and scotty fox at kmel. it was a business rivalry, not a personal one. although when you deal with hip hop it can turn either which way at the drop of a dime.

my personal opinion the bay doesnt get 1/2 as much play as it should. but in that same breathe the bay doesnt give 1/2 as much good music as it should to force the hand of the radio. dont forget that majors have the payola schemes already lined up and the 16 spins a week (non mixshow) that are available (not bought up with payola) go to new records. if there are 100 new songs a week and only 16 spots for em..... you can do the math....

treat radio like a bad stripper..... it aint trickin if you got, but who really wants to be known as a trick?????

it did get personal

Feb 10, 2004
www.twitter.com
Its turning out to be an example of how the bay is. For whatever reason we just don't get a long. Without that unity, no movement. It don't really matter who's fault it is, them niggaz need to fix that shit. Its supposed to be about bay music, i thought...

Oct 31, 2003
Personally...I think the last song FAB had (Ghostride It) wouldn't work on any station anyway. Politics or not...THAT WASNT A GOOD RECORD. New Oakland was hot. Shaboopalaboopi NOT. Super Sic Wid It HOT. Metros n Cheerpers NOT. I don't know what happend with him and KMEL, but I know regular non radio people were NOT fucking with Ghostride It. Fab works hard though and I am sure when that ATLANTIC DEAL KICKS IN somethings will change.