DHB "Im not In college anymore"

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 12, 2002
www.MSMOfficial.com
After one day of his first NFL minicamp, Oakland Raiders' draft choice Darrius Heyward-Bey(notes) realized he's not in college anymore.

He dropped three catchable passes without a defender on him, he tweaked a hamstring and he was introduced to Raiders' cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha(notes) who made him look like a novice, according to the Contra Costa Times.

According to the report, Heyward-Bey broke from the line of scrimmage, called upon the speed that compelled the Raiders to select him at No. 7 in the NFL draft last month and sprinted downfield.

Heyward-Bey broke off his route, cut inside and turned his head toward quarterback JaMarcus Russell(notes) as the ball traveled toward his outstretched hands.

Asomugha played off Heyward-Bey's body language, broke for the ball at the same time, cut in front of the tall, strapping receiver and reached the ball before Heyward-Bey knew what happened.

"I came back,"and I just went, 'All right, I'm not in college anymore,'" Heyward-Bey said of his welcome-to-the-NFL moment,
I just read this on Yahoo! Sports....Im not even so much concerned with the fact that Asomugha broke him off....thats happens to the best receivers in tha NFL.....but tha fact that he's dropping passes when he isnt even being covered makes me nervous.....and is exactly that reason he shouldn't have went 7 overall....this basically just confirms my worst fears about him

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
this was posted like last week in the raiders offseason news thread.

I doubt any nfl rookies come out of camp or whatever saying "oh, this is just like college!"

I'm lightweight glad tho, he wanted to work with nnamdi to improve his game which is a good sign, and he's realizing he needs to work harder. hopefully he does and it makes him a better player.

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
^you would think that, but then you watch nfl games and see the best nfl players sometimes just drop shit. it happens.

I don't know if DHB is dropping a lot, but as long as he's realizing he's gonna have to step his game up and starts working on it then it's all gravy

Jun 22, 2007
brah aint even played one game and is in his first mini camp and people tryna have a opinion smh....let brah play some games first then judge

May 15, 2002
who A. Smith? you aint lying.
A. Smith is a young qb who plays on a less then mediocre team that has had what 4 off. cordinators over the last 4 years w/ injurie problems the last two years. He started to prove himself under turner but tha didnt last long after turner booked to sd. i guess you can label him a bust but i feel he's not a bust until he has a chance to prove himself under the right circumstances. if he cant win the starting qb spot this year then yeah drop the bust label on him for sure.