Devil May Cry is getting a reboot.

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
As long as they stop trying to make dante "hip and funny" from a japanese viewpoint of american culture, I'm for it. Although the cheesy rock music isn't a good sign...

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
I don't understand why they'd reboot a series that 3 or 4 stories in the series were made with critical acclaim and success.

Why?
I think they liteweight realize, what they originally thought was the epitome of cool to americans, is actually what the vast majority of us would consider douchebaggery.(Dante in DMC1 and Leon in RE4 etc) Also, the Marrionette/old Europe motif was starting to get stale, so it looks like they are going for a darker tone overall, with Dante being a methamphetamine addict and all...

I think the black ooze enemies has been done to death in video games tho, maybe they'll take it in a different direction for bosses and harder enemies, we'll just have to wait to see more.

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
Thats what makes those games so effin awesome.

PS - This reboot looks gay.
Yeah it was funny at first but it's gotten predictable and stale, thats why they brought in Nero in #4, they've already done as much as they could do with Dante. I only beat 1 & 3 but in both those stories, he had big confrontations with his father and brother, his backstory was told well enough. It would have been, "lets throw dante in a european club rave scene, where he fights marionettes!" New location same shit, too many limits with an established character. If they would have kept most of his moves people would have said its too much like the original games, if they changed up all his moveset, they would have been straying too far from the original games. Fans are a fickle bunch, this way they can make a whole new moveset and list of powers while keeping fans happy.

That said I'm not a fan of these character models so far.

I think god of war showed these kind of action games are best in a trilogy.

May 16, 2002
i definitely hope they dont abandon the old series...it could have gone on...

if they just bleeched this new fucker's hair it would be a little better.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
After the second Onimusha, I got lost. Those were MY games when they first came out. My friends were talking it up when they got around me because they knew I loved them, but they got to sucking.

Apr 2, 2010
After the second Onimusha, I got lost. Those were MY games when they first came out. My friends were talking it up when they got around me because they knew I loved them, but they got to sucking.
3 was alright, good cheorgraphy and cinematics but overall bad delivery....Dawn of Dreams was a fresh approach, its good to see something new in the series take place..

But I can agree with that, Dawn of Dreams is definitely one of my favs though, if it wasn't for the soft anime/cartoon shit....

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
Read about it in the new Gameinformer and some notes.

*Development is being handed to Ninja Theory, the same company that made "Heavenly Sword" and the recently released "Enslaved".

* If you look closely at this screenshot, you'll notice what appears to be vampire fangs on one of Dante's necklaces, already seems like they're fucking up.

http://images.fragland.net/screenshots/5262/653951325.jpg

* Lastly, the new name is gonna be "DmC" that's so douchey in itself.

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
Maybe they could complain until they make a less faggy character model, but if they are making the new Dante a vampire hunter they might have already sunk a lot of funds developing that into the storyline & gameplay.

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
dude looks like a straight emo fag. tf? i dont know, that shit look wack as fuck. old model was ok, if anything twist it to this

ya its a little emo, but doper than that castro club attire