deviant regarding refills

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

phil

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
im pretty sure you already have the mo phatt sound set. if not let me know, im getting ready to ship mine off and i was going to sample the drums and a few basses off there. if youre interested let me know. anyone else wants it get at me.

May 2, 2002
I have all the drums sampled. I wouldn't mind some of the basses though. Give me a lil time to get some of my shit together, I'll send you out some refills.

phil

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
good shit. im not sampling the whole machine, just anything that has a remote chance of being usable. i did all the basses already. theres 50 of em i felt were possible to use. ive never made a refill before, is it a difficult task?

May 2, 2002
Don't even trip about making em into refills, you need a special program to do that, just get em into wav format and put em in directories that make sense. THat'd be dope.

There's some jazzy rhodes chords and notes on the mo phatt somewhere, can you pull those off for me too (I don't remember which patch they were, but there was a melody I made once fuckin with some of those... I'd like to hear em again so I can recreate it). Thanks phil.

DO you have the original REFILL file that comes with Reason too? It's got some coo samples and subtractor patches in it. I based a lot of my own patches off of tweaking the ones that came with it.

phil

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
i know what chords youre talking about , those hits are funky as hell. i believe theyre called "tine chords" and you better believe i have all those. like i said ill probably sample about 60 to 70 % of the machine. ill probably only ever use about 10 to 15 though. some of the shit on there is just doo doo .

as far as the original refill, im taking it youre talking about the original sound bank. i still have it and that sounds like a good idea. thanks