DERRICK ROSE THROWN UNDER THE BUS AGAIN!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/news/story?id=4252041

Derrick Rose said the undated photo was taken while he attended a party in Memphis.Chicago Bulls guard Derrick Rose issued a statement regarding a photo that features him apparently flashing a gang sign.

"Recently, a photo has been circulating on the Internet which appears to depict me flashing a gang sign," Rose said in the statement. "This photo of me was taken at a party I attended in Memphis while I was in school there, and was meant as a joke ... a bad one, I now admit. I want to emphatically state, now and forever, that Derrick Rose is anti-gang, anti-drug, and anti-violence. I am not, nor have I ever been, affiliated with any gang and I can't speak loudly enough against gang violence, and the things that gangs represent.

"In posing for this picture, I am guilty of being young, naive and of using extremely poor judgment. I sincerely apologize to all my fans for my mistake. I pride myself on being a good citizen, and role model, that young people can look up to and I want to urge all my young fans to stay away from gangs and gang-related activities."

Rose, 20, grew up in the Englewood neighborhood on the South Side of Chicago. He attended Simeon Career Academy, which he led to back-to-back state titles.

Rose, the overall No. 1 pick in the 2008 NBA draft who led the Bulls to the playoffs, was already under a cloud cast by an NCAA investigation of major violations at Memphis during the only season he played there.

In a letter to Memphis, the NCAA said an unknown person took the SAT for a player -- with his knowledge -- and that the player used it to get admitted. The governing body says the athlete played for the Tigers only in the 2007-08 season and the 2008 NCAA tournament. Only one person fits that description -- Rose.

While the allegations swirled, Rose has kept quiet.

The only word out of his camp has been a statement by attorney Daniel E. Reidy, who said Rose cooperated in an investigation by Memphis that uncovered "no wrongdoing on his part."

CZAR

Sicc OG
Aug 25, 2003
Wow keep reaching yall!! But while reaching watch the amazing ball he displays during hoop season!! Got Em!!

Jun 22, 2007
just throwin up where he from
that dont take away from his rawness on the hoop court...the media try anything to make a person look bad

Jul 6, 2008
seriously, this is why i hate espn, they dont even talk about sports. its about what who did what off the field shit that has nothing to do with on the court shit at all. fuccc espn. espn has ruined sports.

i miss the sports tonight show with fred hicks and nick charles