Demos

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 26, 2002
WWW.YABITCHDONEME.COM

MistaQ said:
I guess they, are...I sent a CD to Travis.......havent heard nuthin from him though...so I guess he not interested in me...

-"Q"

sup homeboy.......
i will be up in DC next month for about 1 weeek or so.....
if you want some TECH promo stuff .....i can hook you up when i get there.......

Aug 21, 2002
Then that means that you suck... Mista Q... I have to tell you from homeboy to homeboy....

1. Get your music mastered before sending it to him again...
2. Work on voice projection...
3. Give him something that will grab his attention from the start...
(People dont like to have to get into a song after 35 seconds of talking and then a verse that says nothing...)
4. You know what "STRANGE" stands for right... Rip that shit dude, give him something that he hasn't already heard... Not saying that you are biting, but give us a new page in the artists book of originality... He wants to hear "different" music that follow your own style and twistedness, so give it to him like "Fuck the Industry" type of shit dude...
5. He might call ya back...:cry:

Tons of people hand me demos to give to Tech, and I will hear them and think.... WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS DILDO THINKING! When you make something, try to top what's hot now, not what was hot in 96'-97'... Tech only improves each album unlike most artists, so that will make it that much harder for you to get a deal or Travis even putting in back in the CD player after he's taken it out after he first listens to it... Beat's cant be dull and lifeless like Macc James and shit, and you have to be saying something in the lyrics, and not just blah, blah, blah... Not saying that this is you, but it sure can help a lot of these people that try to hand Trav or Tech demos. I haven't heard a worthy demo yet that can force me to put it back in my radio. That says a lot, so keep on keepin' on Mista Q and everything will work out... With hard work, come's... Well you know the rest...

Aug 26, 2002
WWW.YABITCHDONEME.COM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This means that masizve heard your shit.....while he was with the Strange boys......and this is the way the felt about it!

i sent them a demo....and they sent it back.....but on the cover of the package....was written "LMAO"?????

dont know what that means.....

Aug 21, 2002
LoL!!! Yeah, every city comes a new demo, and a chance to sit there and laugh in my head... One cat's demo, I didn't even give it to Tech or Travis... I still have it, and it isn't up to me to decide that cat's fate, but he has to do more than go in, record, mix down, toss it on a CD and expect a deal...

I can say that 4 or 5 songs can show your versatility, and if you send him 4 or 5 songs that all your lyrics sound the same, then "Houston, we have a problem!" I will give that cats demo to him, but that will make me look stupid for giving that shit to him... I guess I will slip in in amongst the stack of loose CD's in the van and hopefully one day in 2005 he'll pick it up and say, "hmmm who's this.... Damnit....... Eject, eject, eject, eject, eject...."