Dear NFL, Lets ditch the pink accessories already

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
I think it's alright for a week, but the whole month is corny.....its a ploy to get more women to buy NFL merchandise IMO by advertising pink shit then turning around and selling it. Why didn't they have every team wear some american flag type shit on 9/11. players had to be defiant (which I fully support :cheeky:) in order to show their solidarity.

the pink shit is hardly noticeable on colorful uniforms, but jerseys like the raiders or the ravens @ home makes that shit stand out horribly.

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
the NFL should just change breast cancer awareness month to be a cheerleader wet T-Shirt contest at halftime.

GOD SAVE THE TIDDIES!

Feb 10, 2009
South Sacramento
Breast cancer awareness = something that shouldn't be associated with the NFL

Maybe prostate or testicular cancer.
I think what happened was the MLB was first to use pink accessories with pink baseball bats and then NFL copied them.

I don't have a problem with NFL suppporting a cure for breast cancer, I love tiddies......but all these pink gloves and shit is not the tradition of the game.

DUTCH-F.E

Super Moderator
Apr 25, 2002
WWW.myspace.com
I want you both or who ever hates this beast cancer awareness month supported by the NFL to revisit this topic when you lose someone to cancer.... Like Your Mother.

aint nothing wrong with the pink for a great cause. Get over it.

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
I've lost plenty of family members to cancer.....but you don't see me pushing for the NFL to wear brown for colon cancer just cuz I lost an uncle to it. I'm not out there saying wear grey cuz I lost a cousin to brain cancer. fuck it, everyone wear red cuz I lost an uncle to leukemia aka blood cancer. why aren't there awareness months for those types of cancer? why isn't october just cancer awareness month? because pink taps into the female market, which the NFL wants a piece of. if they really wanted to support that shit they would make 100% of all pink NFL shit sold go straight to breast cancer cure research.....but nah, the billion dollar industry needs more money.

dutch, rip to whomever you lost, but that pink shit is still corny.

Nov 24, 2003
Who isn't aware of breast cancer in this day and age, and are they going to become more aware by watching people play football with pink accessories??

If they want to do something like this, at least pic a cause that really needs to have it's awareness increased, not one that reeks of marketing and targeting new audiences.

Nov 14, 2004
lol @ the idea that pink will make players hit any softer, pussyfing the league is done through hes BS rules not through the support of boobies..smh @ some of yall
as for tradition i think only the accessories are pink correct? players dont have to wear a min # do they?