Daygo does have it's Own Identity!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 1, 2005
As a Inglewood Nigga, who got into Daygo rap from the homie that's from Daygo that I went to Santa Monica College with. I told him when he first came through playing "his homie from the set" on his boombox, who would later become my favorite rapper a nigga by the name of Mitchy Slick. After I heard what I'm assuming was a demo tape, I told him that I never heard anybody spit this reality street rap like Mitch before. It's not what Mitch was saying on that tape and what he was later saying on Trigeration, that made him tight to me but how he said it.
After Mitch I got into Ecay Uno, Cricet, Damu and Lil C.S. . I said all this to say that Daygo does have it's own identity, it's identity is that ya'll spit with an honesty and sincerity that only comes from living what ya'll rap about. Ya'll are different from L.A. niggaz because most of ya'll are gangstaz in the studio, not studio gangstaz like most of the L.A. niggaz who have sold platinum records. Ya'll keep grinding and the industry will come to ya'll. :siccness:

Dec 28, 2005
Yeah dat, Dago to me just has a different overall sound than all the other shit I listen to. We just gotta put ourselves on the map. Keep grindin......Keep hustlin.

BAMMER

Siccness Gray Hair
Apr 25, 2002
Auburn Wa
www.dawgman.com
I agree.You hear the sincerity and realism of Dago artists.They are'nt braggin and boastin,but more or less tellin street stories in DETAIL(hoods,streets)

I also agree with C.S.though,as a Seattle resident,we're looking for something to make us unique,and stand out....beats,slang,style....There's probably 20 lables that use rain,wet,umbrella or some shit(corny)....we need to find a niche that appeals to the masses.My hardcore ninjas love Mitchy's shit,but alot of my friends fuck with that mass appeal shit IE....Lil Jon,SoSo Def

Jun 14, 2005
50CAL SPOKE SOME REAL SHIT ABOUT STUDIO GANGSTAS AND GANGSTAS IN THE STUDIO. BUT SOME ONE ELSE SAID WE NEED TO KEEP OUR EARS OPEN FOR THE KATS THAT AINT ON THE GANG BANGIN THAT GOT SKILLS TOO. IF WE CANT DO THAT, WE'LL NEVER APPEAL TO THE MASS YOU DIG.
AND YOU FROM INGLEWOOD. ARE FROM FROM IFG? JUST ASKIN CAUSE I GOT SOME FAM FROM 9DUECE THAT BE SPITTIN. HE GOT A STUDIO OUT IN VAN NUYES. HE LOOKIN FOR NIGGAS TO NETWORK WITH. GET AT ME ON THAT.

Apr 25, 2002
www.getyourfinancesright.com
50 KAL said:
As a Inglewood Nigga, who got into Daygo rap from the homie that's from Daygo that I went to Santa Monica College with. I told him when he first came through playing "his homie from the set" on his boombox, who would later become my favorite rapper a nigga by the name of Mitchy Slick. After I heard what I'm assuming was a demo tape, I told him that I never heard anybody spit this reality street rap like Mitch before. It's not what Mitch was saying on that tape and what he was later saying on Trigeration, that made him tight to me but how he said it.
After Mitch I got into Ecay Uno, Cricet, Damu and Lil C.S. . I said all this to say that Daygo does have it's own identity, it's identity is that ya'll spit with an honesty and sincerity that only comes from living what ya'll rap about. Ya'll are different from L.A. niggaz because most of ya'll are gangstaz in the studio, not studio gangstaz like most of the L.A. niggaz who have sold platinum records. Ya'll keep grinding and the industry will come to ya'll. :siccness:
I feel you homey, but like I said that's one thing I agree 100% with, that we're unique in a sense that what we're sayin' really happened, and that makes us different, BUT like I also said, it's been so many fake niggaz tellin' the same stories, will that shit still get us over?

And I think people are missing my point. I'm not really talkin' about just the West Coast feelin' Dago, I'm talkin' about the masses. Bein' #1 on 106 & Park, and on MTV and shit. I'm thinkin' on a way bigger scale. Like a muthafucca who ain't from the West Coast would think, because the West Coast alone is not going to blow us up. What's going to make us appeal to the masses? Even street niggaz in the South, Midwest, etc, because to them THEY know LA is known for gang bangin', but to THEM we're following LA. Believe me I know homey, I was in the feds with niggaz from ALL over the country. I knew about screw shit in '93 from Texas niggaz, I knew that "you heard me" shit from New Orleans niggaz in '93 etc. Like I said I was around niggaz from everywhere, the south, midwest, east coast etc, and I know what niggaz think about Dago, but WE KNOW DIFFERENT. Any nigga that's under 40 yrs old in Dago was born and raised in bangin'! They're not followin' anybody, but what does the rest of world think (besides the West Coast)? BUT, we're going to keep doin' us, and see what happens. We have the talent, we just need the break...Thanks for the support homey.

And like I said, I'm not tryin' to discourage, I'm tryin' to encourage, and get niggaz thinkin', and get us on the map, with more than one platinum or gold rapper, and DAGO doesn't have ONE! And I hope that shit changes!!!!

Feb 1, 2005
LIL C.S. said:
I feel you homey, but like I said that's one thing I agree 100% with, that we're unique in a sense that what we're sayin' really happened, and that makes us different, BUT like I also said, it's been so many fake niggaz tellin' the same stories, will that shit still get us over?

And I think people are missing my point. I'm not really talkin' about just the West Coast feelin' Dago, I'm talkin' about the masses. Bein' #1 on 106 & Park, and on MTV and shit. I'm thinkin' on a way bigger scale. Like a muthafucca who ain't from the West Coast would think, because the West Coast alone is not going to blow us up. What's going to make us appeal to the masses? Even street niggaz in the South, Midwest, etc, because to them THEY know LA is known for gang bangin', but to THEM we're following LA. Believe me I know homey, I was in the feds with niggaz from ALL over the country. I knew about screw shit in '93 from Texas niggaz, I knew that "you heard me" shit from New Orleans niggaz in '93 etc. Like I said I was around niggaz from everywhere, the south, midwest, east coast etc, and I know what niggaz think about Dago, but WE KNOW DIFFERENT. Any nigga that's under 40 yrs old in Dago was born and raised in bangin'! They're not followin' anybody, but what does the rest of world think (besides the West Coast)? BUT, we're going to keep doin' us, and see what happens. We have the talent, we just need the break...Thanks for the support homey.

And like I said, I'm not tryin' to discourage, I'm tryin' to encourage, and get niggaz thinkin', and get us on the map, with more than one platinum or gold rapper, and DAGO doesn't have ONE! And I hope that shit changes!!!!
I Agree with what your saying C.S., like in these Cali streets the bustaz make it hard on the real soldiers. I guess this is something that were gonna have to wait and see how it all turns out. But until then it's ING 2 Daygo on mine, and I'm gonna keep spreading the word about ya'll niggaz music because I believe in what ya'll doing.