Dana Dane w/ Fame Cd

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 3, 2007
I haven't seen too many of these around but one I saw awhile back had 1987 Profile Records pcd-1233... 9 songs... But strangely no barcode. Is this the norm for this partivular issue to not have a barcode/sku number? The one I saw was not a music club release, and it was '87 so why no barcode? Also the shrinkwrap looked pretty peculiar like it was a hand job rather than really from factory. So if anyone has this cd and especially a new sealed one take a look at it and tell me these things... thx

Jul 3, 2007
Thx for the responses. That cd is a strange one to not have a barcode like that. Wonder how people purchased it new back then if there was nothing to scan?

Jul 3, 2007
Oh great, my policy is to never break the seal. I have bought a few cd's where the wrapping looked suspicious but by opening it then it isn't new anymore and loses value which pisses me off. So I guess I got to jus put up wit the unknown and leave it be... But now that you mentioned it, if it only came in a longbox then there is no way this cd could have come brand new from factory sealed like this wit no barcode right? Why are there so many dishonest fools all around??

Jan 30, 2004
well i could be wrong. also when i find something rare and its still sealed but looks shady, i'll open it anyway to make sure it is what it is. i've had stuff that was just sealed again, but it was used. if it really is THAT rare, people are still gonna pay what it's worth. dana dane doesn't go for what it used to and if i saw a pic of one for sale that had a crappy shrink wrap job and said it's new or one with pics of it showing its in perfect/like new condition, i'd feel more comfortable buying the open one.

Jul 3, 2007
Yes I have it (cd), if you want to buy pm me. I know this cd is very rare and desirable in any respect... It is new sealed or looks that way. But as I said I don't know how this could have come this way wit no barcode shrinkwrapped... Oh and to diggler, i didn't have that luxury. it was bought online, and saw no pics. These guys wil lsell their own mother it seems to make a buck. They smack down a description of new and think anything will do... You can't see it so they think they can get away wit it... But anyway I've seen this cd go today from between $65-$365 in various respected music sites in various conditions. So yes it is still very collectible and desirable and rare. But I thought I was the only one fussy about these sort of things (shrinkwrap, cases, etc) :)...

Jul 3, 2007
Yes some of them have gone for relatively lower on ebay. But then again some $5 cd's have gone for around $100, so there is no logic there. You got to go on respected established sites such as amazon.com, it's uk site as well, half.com, gemm,netsoundsmusic.com,musicstack.com... Basically the bibles on true market values of these rare cd's. And in new condition I have seen it from $150-$365. Less than new from $50+ and up. There are also misprices where guys charge way too low in some items. Those are either guys selling bootlegs or so scratched up cd's you don't even want them. or in some cases they are actually just fools who are underselling mistakenly. I have gotten some nice deals from guys who didn't know what to sell their stuff for... But in most cases this cd is extremely expensive and desirable. Especially in new condition... If you can pick that up for those low ebay prices nmore power to ya if you win. But beware. Price is not everything, condition is whgat truly counts. And I won't pay 5 cents for a disc that isn't mint. I would not buy anything below mint standard. And of course preferably new sealed.Because there is way too much room for mistakes. Guys tell you "excellent" or "like new" condition or some other bs and what that really means to me is I will want to strangle them when that cd arrives and I look at it (in good lighting) up close... It is usually in worse shape than what ppl describe. So go for perfect mint or sealed and you won't lose...

Jan 30, 2004
sean-sean said:
ou got to go on respected established sites such as amazon.com, it's uk site as well, half.com, gemm,netsoundsmusic.com,musicstack.com... Basically the bibles on true market values of these rare cd's.
you're kidding right? you know anyone can sell on those sites and a LOT of sellers on ebay also are selling on those sites as well. if it sells for an average of 40 on ebay, then that's what the cd is worth for the time being cuz that's what people will pay. cd prices will fluctuate, right now lots of old school hiphop is at a low.

anyway i posted that link just to show what it went for recently, nothing else. we're all here to make money, have a good day.

Jul 3, 2007
What is reflected on those sites I named is what reality is. Ppl go on there and wil lbid on ebay auctions based o nwhat they see prices at there. So yes, I meant what I said. Prices do fluctuate, but for the most part you can get a good read from those sites and go from there... If it goes down on those sites, what happens, you usually see it pop up on ebay buy-it-nows at lower prices. Or more guys selling it, or lower final bids... They all influence each other. But I like my system of what to buy, I have made profite on 98% of what I bought, sometimes 3 and 4 times what I paid they are worth now... So yes, you can do the math anyway you want, I wil ldo it my way and be happy... Also another thing is that many of the sellers on those other sites such as amazon are made up of guys who have physical shops in the u.s.a. or wherever. Not "ebay shops"... So they have an influx of ppl walking in and out of their stores daily. There also seems to be a bigger portion of liars on there, and guys who will put down any descriptio nwhatsoever for items and think they can rob you. because they usually won't respond to any of your emails and they ignore you until you make the purchase.. High prices, and dishonest sellers don't mix...