D-Sane

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

eMDe

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
sup playa... awhile back you gave out a link for a place to get barcodes done.. if ya have time could you hit me up with that again? Thanks folks.

Mr. D-Sane

Sicc OG, muthafucka
Apr 25, 2002
Seattle
www.streetlevelrecords.com
FREE GAME

Ummm......I don't recall what you're talking about. Unless you're talking about the Uniform Control Council......that's who you buy your barcode from. It's called a UPC code and here is the link to the site...... http://www.uc-council.org and it costs $750 (last I checked).

What happens is....they give you a prefix number that represents your company. Mine is 808206.....that's the first 6 numbers of my barcodes. From there 5 of the last 6 numbers are whatever I want them to be.....that could be my catalog numbers. For example....Byrdie's album...his barcode is 8-08206-00052-3. The last number, the 3 is called a "checksum digit" and is automatically outputted by the barcode software that you (or your graphic design company) use.

Also, (and I learned this the hard way) the second to the last number is always supposed to be a 2 for CD's. The RIAA (Recording Industry Association of America) has a page that explains it all in detail.....you can peep it here http://www.riaa.com/Audio-Standards-4.cfm

If you have anymore questions.....don't hesitate to ask. I'm here to help.

Did that beat work out for you? I assume it did since I didn't hear back from you.

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
Kaze said:
Do you have to have a upc code? Or can you just get a barcode without one?
from reading what D jus said, I'm betting that y ou have to have a upc code.....$750 is a lot of money....lmao...That's good to know actually....I'm glad I read this post....

eMDe

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
thanks for the info everyone. Yeah D-Sane that shit is PERFECT. It's gonna be on the album. I appretiate the free game folx.
late

eMDe

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
V-boy

yeah i was thinking that but rainborecords (www.rainborecords.com) has got pressing for 1099 for 1K and i belive disk makers is much more expensive..... i am also not sure if they will supply every time you need one. But good lookin out

Mr. D-Sane

Sicc OG, muthafucka
Apr 25, 2002
Seattle
www.streetlevelrecords.com
Yeah.....you can get a free barcode from the disc duplicators.....but that shit is registered to THEM. When you scan my shit.....it says it's registered to Street Level Records.....not Dick Makers (and I meant Dick Makers.)

If you want to play the game for real.......you gotta get your own. Ask B-12.