(((cyber monday = 10% off of $50 or 15% off of $100)))

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 27, 2006
I'm sure that you most likely don't have all of the pertinent information about those 2 cases and/or your understanding as to what happened may be slightly off.
No i got every single information for em, i was involved in those cases. Just wrote down one detailed in my last msg. And please check what i wrote about your case and tell me what you think about it.

Ok thanks for clearin dat up. I never printed the shipping label at ebay so i never got the warning.

What makes me wonder is i had a case somebody in europe ordered a cd. The seller never shipped it. Around 45 days the buyer made a paypal claim. Then the seller realized he would loose his money and maybe better ship it, he shipped the package with an LC number so the buyer never had to sign when he received the package and there was no proof it really arrived but few days after the seller added the LC trackingnumber to paypal paypal decided the case to his favor.

I feel this warning is some way to force people still pay for the extra tracking, like also usps doesnt advertise this automatically tracking because they still want the people to pay for the extra tracking while the automatic number a sender gets meanwhile is pretty close to it.
Like some email programs tell me i cant open em with the browser i use and should get internet explorer or whatever but when i open em they work fine. Its just a warning to make me purchase something but in fact its not needed like the warning claims. Else i cant explain how people won paypal claims with an LC number but you say (which i totally beleave) ebay tells you those numbers arent enough to make sure you save from non receipt claims.

My question is...was the buyer you? If not, you can't speak on it, because your friend can/could tell you anything. Not only that "Registered Mail" isn't the only shipping method with tracking that the USPS uses and all packages shipped outside of the U.S. have to have a customs/LC form filled out (no matter what), so yes it had an LC number, but did the seller send it expedited, guaranteed or another form of International shipping with tracking?

Like I said...I would need all of the information to know what really going on. It sounds like he did ship it with tracking, which back our point that the "LC" number isn't tracking. Like we said before the "LC" number is simply just a customs form/number for customs. Like I also said, tracking is bought separately from all of this and it can come in the form of registered mail, priority express, global guaranteed and etc. The LC is nothing but a customs form that is included with all forms of shipping (included, but not limited to First Class, Registered, Priority Ex, Global Guaranteed and etc.) It just a customs form that is limited in it's tracking capabilities. The LC is basically used to inform customs that there is a package on its way to this country and this package has these items in it. It will be tracked only while it's in the U.S., not once it leaves.

I feel this warning is some way to force people still pay for the extra tracking, like also usps doesnt advertise this automatically tracking because they still want the people to pay for the extra tracking while the automatic number a sender gets meanwhile is pretty close to it.
Like some email programs tell me i cant open em with the browser i use and should get internet explorer or whatever but when i open em they work fine. Its just a warning to make me purchase something but in fact its not needed like the warning claims. Else i cant explain how people won paypal claims with an LC number but you say (which i totally beleave) ebay tells you those numbers arent enough to make sure you save from non receipt claims.
Like I said it's not a conspiracy, not only by me but not even by the post office. It is what it is.

First Class Shipping doesn't come with International tracking. It only tracks it to it's final U.S. destination. Not outside of the U.S.

We have to pay additional fees for tracking. The only USPS forms of international tracking shipping is Registered, Priority International Express (not regular Priority International), Express Global and Express Global Guaranteed. There may be another type of shipping that I forgot about, but these are the ones that I know off of my head/without double checking.

First Class International doesn't have international tracking.

All of these shipping methods require an customs form like the "LC" numbers ones. You can't ship outside of the U.S. without a customs form anymore. You use to be able to, but not anymore.

May 27, 2006
Yes the buyer was me. The seller was in oklahoma, he shipped it first class with an LC number, i never had to sign anywhere when i got the package, one day it was just laying in my mailbox. The only number he added to paypal was a generic LC number like we talkin about and also the shipping price was just slightly more as 6$. I just let the case go and never stated i received it to paypal because i felt there is no proof i received it since i never signed anywhere for its arrival and since dat idiot tried to jack me he deserves to be a bit under pressure but paypal after a couple days decided the case to his favor on their own.

There was no way they could check the package was delivered just the fact alone the seller added a LC number to paypal made em decide in his favor. If i say i have all informations it means i have all informations. Doesnt matter if its me or whoever i wouldnt say else i got all the infos but i understand you askin for more details.
It was me, i checked what happened because im curious for those things and i can say the seller won the case with an LC trackingnumber and total shipping expenses of slightly over 6$ (without the packing material of course) for 1 cd.

Yes the buyer was me. The seller was in oklahoma, he shipped it first class with an LC number, i never had to sign anywhere when i got the package, one day it was just laying in my mailbox. The only number he added to paypal was a generic LC number like we talkin about and also the shipping price was just slightly more as 6$. I just let the case go and never stated i received it to paypal because i felt there is no proof i received it since i never signed anywhere for its arrival and since dat idiot tried to jack me he deserves to be a bit under pressure but paypal after a couple days decided the case to his favor on their own.

There was no way they could check the package was delivered just the fact alone the seller added a LC number to paypal made em decide in his favor. If i say i have all informations it means i have all informations. Doesnt matter if its me or whoever i wouldnt say else i got all the infos but i understand you askin for more details.
It was me, i checked what happened because im curious for those things and i can say the seller won the case with an LC trackingnumber and total shipping expenses of slightly over 6$ (without the packing material of course) for 1 cd.
I don't know, but it sounds like he was lucky, based on human error. I feel you though.

Is there any other questions about First Class, Registered and any other forms of shipping through the U.S.

You would need to speak with Pay Pal on that situation.

Yes dats what i say. And from what i understood those customs forms are enough to cover yourself from non receipt claims. As explained above i have proof they do so atleast in one case.

Well I understand your thinking, but it's not the way it works. It may have worked that one time, but like I said, I don't know. I'm not you nor am I that seller. It has never, ever worked for me.

Do you understand what "First Class Shipping" is, that is doesn't include tracking and why we/sellers are requiring additional costs for international shipping methods that do provide online tracking (that show's a packages delivery)?

I hope so. It's not a conspiracy theory on anybody's part (mine nor the USPS). Yes, somebody may have gotten away with it before (I'm not involved in that case, so I can't confirm, nor deny anything), but it doesn't mean that First Class International automatically includes tracking, because a person was lucky enough to get away with it in your case. Sorry about your misinformation.

Last edited:
How come people only get "Props" on this site if you're acting a fool, cyber banging, cyber fighting and talking mess to one another? What's wrong with getting "Props" for positivity and overcoming differences in view or whatever? We need to get our priorities straight on this message board. Too many people "Propping" one another for all of the wrong reasons.

Just a random thought...but really...hate is very strong on this site.

Props: Lambo Ryda
May 27, 2006
Well I understand your thinking, but it's not the way it works. It may have worked that one time, but like I said, I don't know. I'm not you nor am I that seller. It has never, ever worked for me.

Do you understand what "First Class Shipping" is, that is doesn't include tracking and why we/sellers are requiring additional costs for international shipping methods that do provide online tracking (that show's a packages delivery)?

I hope so. It's not a conspiracy theory on anybody's part (mine nor the USPS). Yes, somebody may have gotten away with it before (I'm not involved in that case, so I can't confirm, nor deny anything), but it doesn't mean that First Class International automatically includes tracking, because a person was lucky enough to get away with it in your case. Sorry about your misinformation.
Well its tracked dats a fact. Else you couldnt check on the usps website when it was accepted at the local post office, when it left chicago, miami or whatever place before leavin the us.

Its not tracked outside of the us but dat doesnt mean its not tracked at all. The only misinformation here is to say LC numbers arent tracked.
LC numbers track a package automatically without any additional costs within the us.
I feel paypal only needs this information from the tracking and not proof the recipient got the package in his hand. I dont beleave in a human error at paypal as reason the seller won his case with an LC number. I beleave paypal just wants proof the package was shipped and not more (which they didnt had before custom forms was obligatory if you didnt ship a package with extra tracking so it was needed to ship tracked to have this simple proof you get nowadays by the custom form, meanwhile since custom forms are automatically added when u ship outside the us they have this information even if you dont pay extra for tracking also outside of the us so the extra tracking outside of the us is not needed anymore if you just want to cover yourself from paypal claims its only needed if you want to make 100% sure the buyer has to receive the package by hand from the mailman)
But i see you and me both dont know exactly and are just speaking based on past experiences so we would have to ask paypal to be 100% sure.

In the end its all good we shared some light to the "tracked shipping" problem which is nice and everybody can decide on his own how he uses those informations. We both agree on shipping costs should be as low as possible wether its to gain more buyers or to buy with joy from a seller. To find ways how to reduce shipping costs is left over to each on his own.

Well its tracked dats a fact. Else you couldnt check on the usps website when it was accepted at the local post office, when it left chicago, miami or whatever place before leavin the us.

Its not tracked outside of the us but dat doesnt mean its not tracked at all. The only misinformation here is to say LC numbers arent tracked.
LC numbers track a package automatically without any additional costs within the us.
That's not tracked at all. You're being technical (that's a mere technicality for definition purposes) for the sake of not being wrong about your claim of "First Class International mail" being tracked. So yes, "First Class International Mail" does "Technically" have a form of limited tracking, but not a form of tracking that will keep the sender out of trouble if a claim was made. A tracked package is tracked from beginning to end. Not just half of the way/ inside of the U.S. only.

I feel paypal only needs this information from the tracking and not proof the recipient got the package in his hand.
I disagree, Pay Pal (eBay) disagrees, credit card companies disagree and every other payment/banking company will disagree. I only disagree, because the package can still get lost on it's way to the buyer and that wouldn't be fair to the buyer neither. Pay Pal has dual responsibility to the buyers and sellers at the same time. Therefore tracking must have a beginning (shipment) and an end (delivery). This is true for any banking company.

I dont beleave in a human error at paypal as reason the seller won his case with an LC number. I beleave paypal just wants proof the package was shipped and not more (which they didnt had before custom forms was obligatory if you didnt ship a package with extra tracking so it was needed to ship tracked to have this simple proof you get nowadays by the custom form, meanwhile since custom forms are automatically added when u ship outside the us they have this information even if you dont pay extra for tracking also outside of the us so the extra tracking outside of the us is not needed anymore if you just want to cover yourself from paypal claims its only needed if you want to make 100% sure the buyer has to receive the package by hand from the mailman)
But i see you and me both dont know exactly and are just speaking based on past experiences so we would have to ask paypal to be 100% sure.
I don't work for Pay Pal, nor was I apart of this so I can't answer for this situation. Yes, this may have been true back in the days, but it surely isn't true today. They want proof that the package has arrived.

Agreed and disagreed. I agree that we're speaking from experiences. I disagree with the fact that my knowledge of shipping methods, costs and tracking was omitted from this statement.

I do know that "First Class International Mail" doesn't have tracking as you thought that it did, I do know that Pay Pal requires proof of delivery via online tracking, I do know that tracking is an additional charge and is never included in regular international shipping (First Class International Mail) costs.

In the end its all good we shared some light to the "tracked shipping" problem which is nice and everybody can decide on his own how he uses those informations. We both agree on shipping costs should be as low as possible wether its to gain more buyers or to buy with joy from a seller. To find ways how to reduce shipping costs is left over to each on his own.
I couldn't have ended this better than you did. You stated this perfectly, so I agree with you.

Thank you for your conversation. It's appreciated.

Last edited:
May 27, 2006
Haha its just wrong to say LC numbers dont track a package. Not just technical (of course technical too like explained above with the miami example) but in fact its wrong. Within the usa they are used since years and im sure you know dat. Its not the strongest form of tracking but still a form of tracking. Or is a fiat no car just because there are ferraris aswell?

Keep it simple LC numbers are trackingnumbers, period. They named like dat by the ones who make em, the ones who use em, just every person besides you.
Go to the usps website:
https://www.usps.com/
there is a button says "track & confirm". Click this button a field opens. Type a LC number into dat field and you will get a result wether the package got accepted, crossed a certain point like sort facility etc always with the city name of the certain location next to it. There is another field top right if you go on the usps.com page says "search usps.com or track packages". If you type a LC number into this field the same happens.
So usps names LC numbers trackingnumbers else you wouldnt get a result when typing em into one of the fields on their webpage to track a package. Also technically if you type it into those fields your package gets tracked to a certain point. Please stop continuing with your mistake, its no loss to admit it and its important the people dont get confused.

The question we are discussing here is (and you already said dat) if its a trackingnumber dat keeps the sender out of trouble.

You say paypal, credit card companies etc disagree with my feeling they just want proof something got shipped so a LC trackingnumber keeps the sender save? But you never gave proof for this statement anywhere you just stating it. Me myself made the experience dat paypal sided with a seller who only had a LC trackingnumber and no proof a package really arrived but proof he shipped it.
Did you have any experiences with the new LC numbers usps uses since a few months for overseas shipping? Since you always use the 11.75$ additional costs for extra tracking method i doubt it. Also the case you named and said you just lost i explained on the first page i think it wasnt with a LC number but with the extra tracking you use where they can see the package got shipped back to you so of course the buyer got his money back.

In the end we can break the whole discussion down to this point:
I do know that Pay Pal requires proof of delivery via online tracking
now you just said it like it was nothing. But dats what its all about so i ask how do you know dat? My experience from few months ago showed me the opposite.

I need concrete experiences with the LC numbers from the last few months. Not no experience with another trackingnumber. Just be serious what do we know about the LC numbers in action? And i wonder how you got to type em into an ebay shipping formular when you always charge 13$ on top of the normal shipping costs to use your 11.75$ extra tracking?

Im being investigative because this is an important topic and i really want to find out whats up. I wrote to paypal now but it can last up to 72 hours until i get a reply.

Last edited:
Pt. 1

Haha its just wrong to say LC numbers dont track a package. Not just technical (of course technical too like explained above with the miami example) but in fact its wrong. Within the usa they are used since years and im sure you know dat. Its not the strongest form of tracking but still a form of tracking. Or is a fiat no car just because there are ferraris aswell?

Keep it simple LC numbers are trackingnumbers, period. They named like dat by the ones who make em, the ones who use em, just every person besides you.
Go to the usps website:
https://www.usps.com/
there is a button says "track & confirm". Click this button a field opens. Type a LC number into dat field and you will get a result wether the package got accepted, crossed a certain point like sort facility etc always with the city name of the certain location next to it. There is another field top right if you go on the usps.com page says "search usps.com or track packages". If you type a LC number into this field the same happens.
So usps names LC numbers trackingnumbers else you wouldnt get a result when typing em into one of the fields on their webpage to track a package. Also technically if you type it into those fields your package gets tracked to a certain point. Please stop continuing with your mistake, its no loss to admit it and its important the people dont get confused.

The question we are discussing here is (and you already said dat) if its a trackingnumber dat keeps the sender out of trouble.
Okay, Okay...it's tracking. Can we get past this part. My point is that it's not an acceptable form of tracking. I'm not going to keep arguing over the fact that this is not an "accepted" form of tracking. It may have been in your experience back in the days, but it's not and from my experience has never been. Nor do any banking companies accept it. Okay, I get your point...It's tracking. Let's move on, because this is really lame at this point.

Pt. 2

You say paypal, credit card companies etc disagree with my feeling they just want proof something got shipped so a LC trackingnumber keeps the sender save? But you never gave proof for this statement anywhere you just stating it. Me myself made the experience dat paypal sided with a seller who only had a LC trackingnumber and no proof a package really arrived but proof he shipped it.
I never said that...and I repeat...I never said that "they just want proof that something got shipped". NEVER have I said that. I said that they want proof that it was "DELIVERED". Period...point blank, so stop putting words into my mouth or find a way to understand exactly what I'm saying.

Please go back and read, because I'm tired of reinforcing the fact that banks want proof of "DELIVERY".

I already gave proof of the situation with the buyer who won the case, because he never accepted his package. This means that his package was never "DELIVERED" to him.

You brought this topic up again down/below, so I will go deeper into this topic below. I will go deeper, because once again...you have put words into my mouth. Why do you keep putting words into my mouth? Are my words lost in translation or what?

Last edited:
Pt. 3

Did you have any experiences with the new LC numbers usps uses since a few months for overseas shipping? Since you always use the 11.75$ additional costs for extra tracking method i doubt it.
No, I don't use them by themselves, because of the previous/above reason, which is that Banks need to see "DELIVERY". First Class International Mail/ basic "LC" mail doesn't show "DELIVERY". Why would I want to give a person a chance to say that they didn't get their package? That doesn't even make sense to you. This is why the Pay Pal claim is called "Non-Receipt", which means that a package wasn't "DELIVERED" to them. Pay Pal doesn't call it "Non-Shipment", it called "Non-Receipt" for a reason.

Also the case you named and said you just lost i explained on the first page i think it wasnt with a LC number but with the extra tracking you use where they can see the package got shipped back to you so of course the buyer got his money back.
Once again...you're putting words into my mouth. Here is a copy and paste (a quote) of what I said, so please don't change what I said. Please read this for maximum understanding. Like I said, I don't know if we're experiencing language barriers or you're just reading and comprehending what you want to hear for arguments sake. Here's what I said...

"Pay Pal doesn't accept the fact that it's been shipped. We wish that they/Pay Pal did accept it, but the lack of "Delivery" is the only reason why we have recently lost a Pay Pal claim. The guy simply refused to pick up his item from the post office. Why? We don't know, but we think that he didn't want to pay Duties/Import taxes/VAT or whatever it's called in whoever's country. Now we're out of our money, the customer never had to pay and got his money back and our package is still stuck in customs in another country. We are the ones who lost out and lost out completely. All because of the fact that the package wasn't "Delivered"."

Please go back to page 1 of this thread and read it for yourself, just in case you missed it.

Let me say this once again! I never got the package back, the package is still overseas, the buyer got his money back, I lost out on my money and my item, because the package is still over there. Why is it over there? I don't know, but I do know that I lost this case simply, because the package wasn't actually delivered to the man, because of his refusal to accept the package. How could you misinterpreted my words?

Since you want proof of this...here is the tracking number: RA788476502US and you can track it via www.usps.com and you will see that it's still there and that they "attempted "DELIVERY abroad". Then it will say "Origin Post is Preparing Shipment", which means that it has NOT shipped back to me. It is still in Germany.

Once again. ebay user: !needthat aka Daniel Selinger aka Erich Selinger won his case based on the fact that the package was NOT "DELIVERED". Yes, I did call Pay Pal and they told me why.

Last edited:
Pt. 4

In the end we can break the whole discussion down to this point:

now you just said it like it was nothing. But dats what its all about so i ask how do you know dat? My experience from few months ago showed me the opposite.
I said what, like it was nothing? What are you talking about? I'm not following you.

I need concrete experiences with the LC numbers from the last few months. Not no experience with another trackingnumber. Just be serious what do we know about the LC numbers in action? And i wonder how you got to type em into an ebay shipping formular when you always charge 13$ on top of the normal shipping costs to use your 11.75$ extra tracking?
Like I said above...I haven't used the "LC" numbers by themselves, because they don't show "DELIVERY". Banks including Pay Pal want to see "DELIVERY", so why would I ship without the $13 "Registered Mail" fee? I just gave you proof of the fact that the banks want "DELIVERY" earlier/above in prior replies. Once again...Pay Pal calls this claim "Non-Receipt", which means that there is no proof of "DELIVERY".

Last edited:
Pt. 5 aka My Last and Final Reply

Im being investigative because this is an important topic and i really want to find out whats up. I wrote to paypal now but it can last up to 72 hours until i get a reply.
I can appreciate that. Please don't take any of my responses personal, because they're not. I'm simply just tired of talking about the same thing over and over again. I'm tired of my words being taken out of context. I'm tired of this entire topic.

You need to talk to Pay Pal about your case, not me. I have nothing to do with it.

I have explained the following topics over and over again:

• The shipping methods
  • The automated calculated shipping in our website
  • Why we charge $13 for Registered Mail in addition to the regular shipping (First Class International Mail) costs
  • What "First Class International rates cover
  • How much tracking (how far it tracks a package) "First Class International Mail" does
  • What banks ie Pay Pal, Google Accounts, Credit Card Companies and etc. accept as proof of "DELIVERY", which is what they expect in order to prove that an item is indeed "Non-Receipt".
  • What I did say/What I didn't say
  • What I agree with and What I don't agree with and etc.
  • I provided proof
  • I've answer every single question that you had.

and last but not least,

• I am done with this topic and this topic has totally taken over/hijacked my thread.

I only responded to this topic, because at first it was relevant, but then it took on it's own identity about your experience with Pay Pal and how you thought/believe that First Class International mail should be, even though it's NOT proof of tracking for the banking institutions.

This is total insanity at this point. If this isn't enough for you...take it up with Pay Pal, because I truly believe that no matter what I say, Pay Pal say, eBay say, the Banks say or anybody else say's...You will be upset about this and not accept anything that is said.

Thank you for this debate or whatever it was, but I'm done. I will no longer respond.

I have a life to get back to, a lot work do do and a sick 10 year old daughter who is home with me, because she's too sick to go to school.

Please don't respond. Just take it for what it's worth and lets move on. Fight your battle with Pay Pal on your own. I have nothing to do with it so leave me out. I hope that you have all of the information that you need if not...please start your own thread and ask others to chime in on "your" topic. Cyber Monday is over and it was very successful on my end.

Have a good day.

Last edited:
Thank you.

I would like to say thank you to all of you who showed Specializing in New and Hard to Find Titles: Mint Underground love and support. I would also, like to say thank you to those of you who keep things positive, because positivity and a positive buying experience is what we are all about. We are limited in certain areas like shipping costs due to the obvious reasons, but we are here for the entire music community at large. This community includes the artists, record labels, sellers, buyers and fans alike. We depend on you and hopefully we have demonstrated in conversations like the one that you've just witnessed above, that you can depend on us. We are a small business, that's trying to provide fun and great atmosphere for everybody. Help us keep it that way.

Please join our "Facebook" page at: https://www.facebook.com/MintUndergroundCom

You need to join our page, because we will be posting Giveaways, Freebies, Discount Codes and all types of fun events that require you to be a fan of our page. These deals and notices will be "EXCLUSIVE" to our page members only. DON'T MISS OUT!!!

Once again, we thank you for your support.

Last edited:
May 27, 2006
I never said that...and I repeat...I never said that "they just want proof that something got shipped". NEVER have I said that. I said that they want proof that it was "DELIVERED". Period...point blank, so stop putting words into my mouth or find a way to understand exactly what I'm saying.
I said i feel "they just want proof that something got shipped" with those LC numbers nowadays while you say they want proof it was delivered. We was discussing it over many messages and yes you must be tired to not realize it.

And thanks for clearin up dat the case you put in green was not sent with an LC number like i already thought so on the first page.

Thanks for the conversation even tho i was hoping on a more constructive outcome right here, it showed me which open questions i have about the case and i could ask them to paypal very concrete.
Take it easy, those things are interesting and nothing dat should cause insanity to people.

Last edited: