CW Reveals Why WWE Friday Night SmackDown Was Dropped

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 5, 2005
CW Reveals Why WWE Friday Night SmackDown Was Dropped
07/23/2008

The New York Daily News has an article online about CW’s decision to drop WWE to favour a younger female demographic with more shows aimed at them. Dawn Ostroff, entertainment president of CW said that the network loves the low-rated "Gossip Girl" as it gets a great buzz, much of it from the Internet rather than traditional TV airings, with the right people, who are women 18 to 34. This caused them to drop one of their top rated shows SmackDown because it attracts the wrong people (men).

"There was virtually no flow between the audience that watched WWE and anything else on CW," she said. "We decided the most important criterion is branding the network." Click here to read the article.

Dec 4, 2004
My Network doesnt reach as many households as CW. I dont care really as long as I still get to see it in HD. I read in some other interview that one of the CW execs took a shot at WWE saying Smackdown was going nowhere in the ratings

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
is mynetwork network or cable? shit i hope i get it especially with the nosedive Raw is doing right now