crooked eye of steady mobb'n

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
rapdiscographies.cjb.net
wutever happened 2 him?? last i ever heard of him he was on bavgate'z first mixtape release on thizz ent (in yo face) and after that he was never heard of again (as far as i know)... any1 know if he'z done anything or planz on it since then?

do bavgate n crook have beef?

Dec 6, 2006
He probably got smart and realized it aint no money in this rap shit no more.All these niggas wasting money on albums they wont recoup on.If he was smart he would be in real estate.

Dec 6, 2006
YungGung said:
so u think bavgate aint makin money off this rap shit then basically thats what u sayin
I think he is makin chump change.He would make more money a year with a regular job like a longshoreman than he do off this rap shit.Rap is just more glamorous than a regular job thats why u got all dese has beens who aint ever made it still tryna rap.It aint like he can live off publishing checks because his biggest song went straight to master p's publishing company.

Dec 13, 2006
sometimes chump change is a lot to a nigga from the hood that aint had shit but u probably dont know what u talkin bout cuz bavgate own a store a label and he rap and is a town legend would u rather use god given talent or do labor work

Dec 6, 2006
YungGung said:
sometimes chump change is a lot to a nigga from the hood that aint had shit but u probably dont know what u talkin bout cuz bavgate own a store a label and he rap and is a town legend would u rather use god given talent or do labor work
2 each its own.If he own a store then he got his mind right but sometimes niggas gotta know when the rap game aint workin for em.After the no limit deal shit went downhill.

Dec 13, 2006
yea but it looks downhill if u on the outside lookin in think about all them cats from no limit where they at now bavgate came out wit a solo soon as he left no limit and kept it moving u cant go from being on tv and shit to doin labor jobs

Dec 13, 2006
of course do what u gotta to feed yo fam it aint about what people think im speakin on they situation they already gained a fanbase to stay in the rap game new artist is a different story

Dec 6, 2006
YungGung said:
yea but it looks downhill if u on the outside lookin in think about all them cats from no limit where they at now bavgate came out wit a solo soon as he left no limit and kept it moving u cant go from being on tv and shit to doin labor jobs
How many albums do u think Bavgate sells everytime he drop? It cant be over 2,000 if dat.Mistah Fab barely pushed 5k on thizz and he had the biggest album on the label next to Dre's shit.If Bav was doin so good he wouldnt need thizz at all to distribute his shit because if i recall he did a album on Black Mafia that didnt do so well prior to thizz.Aint dat much bread in the independent rap game no more thats why alotta niggas who used 2 drop albums every other month aint droppin shit no more.If it was as profittable as yall claim JT the bigga figga would still be droppin shit from get low every month.I done seen Master P and Camron say last month that it aint money in rap anymore and dem niggas got platinum plaques so just imagine niggas thats only pushin 2 or 3k units when they drop.But like i said 2 each its own.think of alot of yall fav rappers from the 90's that were independent and think about what dey doin now.Its alotta niggas that quit this rap shit cuz it aint profittable at all.Mr.Ill and Ant Diddley dog both have regular jobs now.Alotta niggas wanna quit rap but pride wont let em get regular jobs.Unless u got a accurate following like tech 9 or somebody like dat whose fans stay consistant and u can do shows and sell decent units without having to promote your shit u gon end up broke.If it was so much money in dis shit B-Legit wouldnt drop albums every 4 years all yo favs from the 90's would still be droppin shit on da regular.

Jan 20, 2006
I seen the brotha not too long ago at the Ashby Flea Market. I made the mistake about asking him about any upcoming releases. (I try not to ask entertainers about upcoming releases if they've been off the map over 5 years). But as normal, he gave the same response that I always get... "Im in the lab right now". Im still waiting for those Ben B. Hard & Rodney O/Joe Cooley albums to hit tha streets.

Jan 23, 2006
Beasty said:
How many albums do u think Bavgate sells everytime he drop? It cant be over 2,000 if dat.Mistah Fab barely pushed 5k on thizz and he had the biggest album on the label next to Dre's shit.If Bav was doin so good he wouldnt need thizz at all to distribute his shit because if i recall he did a album on Black Mafia that didnt do so well prior to thizz.Aint dat much bread in the independent rap game no more thats why alotta niggas who used 2 drop albums every other month aint droppin shit no more.If it was as profittable as yall claim JT the bigga figga would still be droppin shit from get low every month.I done seen Master P and Camron say last month that it aint money in rap anymore and dem niggas got platinum plaques so just imagine niggas thats only pushin 2 or 3k units when they drop.But like i said 2 each its own.think of alot of yall fav rappers from the 90's that were independent and think about what dey doin now.Its alotta niggas that quit this rap shit cuz it aint profittable at all.Mr.Ill and Ant Diddley dog both have regular jobs now.Alotta niggas wanna quit rap but pride wont let em get regular jobs.Unless u got a accurate following like tech 9 or somebody like dat whose fans stay consistant and u can do shows and sell decent units without having to promote your shit u gon end up broke.If it was so much money in dis shit B-Legit wouldnt drop albums every 4 years all yo favs from the 90's would still be droppin shit on da regular.
DO YOU KNOW MR.ILL AND ANT DIDDLEY DOG?

Dec 13, 2006
u need to slap yoself 4 saying bavgate aint sell over 2000 he was outselling fab when they shit first dropped on the same day more people was buying bavgate shit cuz he already had a fanbase and his shit is still on black mafia so what are u talkin bout

Apr 3, 2007
Aint that much money in the independent scene no more that is a fact alot of niggaz aint even recoupin.. and most independent bay rappers got some kind of side hustle. It aint no rocket science the game turned all bad.

Dec 6, 2006
YungGung said:
u need to slap yoself 4 saying bavgate aint sell over 2000 he was outselling fab when they shit first dropped on the same day more people was buying bavgate shit cuz he already had a fanbase and his shit is still on black mafia so what are u talkin bout
Koch wouldnt even sign bavgate my nigga.If u think he outsold fab then u are out yo mind.Maybe he had a better 1st week but fab only maxed out at a little more than 5k units.Bavgate aint nowhere close to that cuz he get no radio play at all.He aint even in the top 10 when it comes to Oakland rappers sales.His fanbase is the same niggas that burn albums.Niggas aint runnin to no rasputins to cop no bavgate shit.

Dec 6, 2006
-JR- said:
Aint that much money in the independent scene no more that is a fact alot of niggaz aint even recoupin.. and most independent bay rappers got some kind of side hustle. It aint no rocket science the game turned all bad.
Co-Sign.

Nov 7, 2005
dzellian said:
DO YOU KNOW MR.ILL AND ANT DIDDLEY DOG?
no he don't. because if he did he would know they both quit rap after rappin ron died. mr. ill said he no longer had the desire and ant diddly got saved. it is better to sell 5k units and do shows and features and live the way you want to, than dig ditches all day. many bay hustlers would rather live free and poor and answer to no one, than be a wealthy slave.