Crime Tyme are a couple cheapskates

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 14, 2002
I work at an average motel in Bethpage Long Island, just a couple towns over from where the Great American Bash was held yesterday. I was on my regular shift of midnight to eight on Sat night/Sun morning and received a phone call at about 1:30 asking if there were any rooms available.

I had two standard rooms that were being cleaned at that time, but where I work (and the way I work it) is that it's first come first serve. I don't hold rooms for people just because they call me. So I'm like "I have two rooms but by the time you get here they're going to be gone so you should call somewhere else.

The guy on the other end of the line throws out something like "What about for wrestling tickets? You like wrestling??" I knew exactly what tickets the guy was talking about, and I immediately thought, no fucking way is this guy serious. Like he's gonna give me 150 dollar tickets for a shitty room at 2 in the morning. So as I begin to say this out loud, he's like "Do you like Crime Tyme? You're talking to (whatever his name is, the short dude) from Crime Tyme.. We do the "yo yo yo yo yo yo".

Now, I fucking love Crime Tyme, so this interests me, but I was like "Dude, I can do that shit over the phone too, that doesn't mean that I'm a wrestler. I told the guy pretty much, if he shows up, then I'll have a room for them, but if they're not Crime Tyme, they're not getting shit.

Much to my surprise, a decent looking car with Jersey plates shows up and this biiiiig fuckin' dude gets out. Now I thought maybe I wouldn't remember what they looked like and there could be two guys going around in wifebeaters and jeans trying to play off like they're famous because the event is in town... Wrong. This was CLEARLY them. They both come in, and the biggest dude of them all comes in last, a white guy who I'm guessing is developmental talent that I didn't recognize.

Why are they cheap?

Well as I'm getting them hooked up with the shittiest rooms in the joint, (I wasn't lying to them when I told them they were my last 2 rooms) they asked me why everything in a three town radius from the Nassau Coliseum was booked. I was like "I wish I could tell you it's because we have tons of people staying here that are going to see the show, but as far as I know, it's for a local golf tournament."

This means that not only was my place a last resort, but that I had basically saved them the last rooms they were possibly going to find at 2 in the morning on a Saturday in the area. Then big white dude drops the cheapness.... "You sure you can't do something about the price if we hook you up with tickets to the show"??

WTF? Nah motherfucker you already told me those were mine if I had rooms for you. Did I say that? Hell no... Looking back on it, I should have. It's cool to say that I sold rooms to Crime Tyme, but I didn't even bother to ask them for autographs and shit because I didn't want to bother them with the usual fanboy bullshit, trying to be cool about it.

Next time I'm gonna tell them if they don't slide the tickets under the fuckin' window then they're not gettin' rooms. When they ask why, I'll tell them it's all about that paper.

Money, money...

Jan 2, 2003
I think Crime Tyme real life funny i work at an arena and 4 them 2 try n play that role its funny 2 hear them talk so intelligent n then come out on this im thug shit hilarous