CRICKET - Ya'll heard of it?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 9, 2005
Just wanted to know how many of you have heard of a sport called Cricket - it's huge over here in Australia, and countries like England, Pakistan, India, South Africa, West Indies, Sri Lanka, New Zealand etc. are all obsessed with it, but I haven't heard anything from the states. If you have heard of it before, can you suggest any reasons why the US haven't started playing? The only thing I can think of is that it's too boring (the quickest match lasts approx. 7 hours, the longest is 5 days). It's a real battle of the will though, I fucking love it.

Apr 25, 2002
Probably the biggest reason is we don't know the rules. I was in Europe a month ago and they would have the daily cricket highlights and I didn't know what the hell was going on. I guess you have to swing at every pitch to guard the wickets. But Aren't there different types of games some where the batter runs and some the doesn't run. Who the hell knows. Then there's the box score in paper which doesn't make any sense. Other than that it does take forever and we prefer the sports we created ie baseball, american football, and basketball even though James Naismith was from canada