coo lil show in Merced last nite...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

og MS

Member since 1997
Apr 25, 2002
www.killavalley.com
It was a talent contest / comedy show / concert

the talent portion wasn't bad... $300 to the winner

two KVE actz entered... Myth & Majesty and then Hydro and it was $20 entry fee per act..

I was one of the judges along with Jake Delarosa from Hot 105, some other chick, Paper Boy & Ace from Lockdown Records

there were 40 points possible... 1-10 on 4 different categories
Appearance, Creativity, Professionalism and Audience Participation

can ya guess how i scored the KVE artists?

if i remember correctly Myth and Majesty got 23 points
and Hydro got 22 or 21 points. I wasn't biased at all.

i actually chose a steppers crew which was comprised of mostly kids and teens... 28 points

the winner was Lil Lon ... who is affiliated with Paper Boy & Ace... he actually wasnt too good with his performance.. rushed the vocals, said too much at times and fell off the beat a couple times... but you can assume them two judges gave him perfect 40's ... i gave him a 23 or 24 i think . itz unfair becuz the money shoulda went to the kids. but if these catz can live with themselves thatz luvly :)

now onto the comedy which featured J Murray and Nema Williams from BET ... Nema was pretty damn funny. Nema mentioned that my favorite comedian Arnez J had just completed hosting the newest BET comicview season in Miami... itz ironic becuz i interview Arnez last year and asked him why he hasnt hosted comicview yet... and finally it happens.

The concert was pretty phat for what it was... Hurrikaine J performed first... but his shit was a lil confusing for himself and the audience... he kept skippin songz... and then they said ...next.... and then AP-9 performed a song he said was from his new album comin from Warlock / Sony... song was bangin...
then Kaoz The Assassin ended the show with some bangerz... the event was long..but nice... we're thinkin bout doin a couple shows there a month... we'll be at our fellow artists and labels about performing.