college

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 24, 2006
see the closest community college to me is about a 2 hr drive and the 2 colleges im interested in are both within 20 mins from my house. plus i gotta keep working cuz of bills. so community college wouldnt work for me.

Nov 22, 2004
Humboldt County CA
jack tracks do you have to know what school your going to and apply before filling out info for that fafsa?

There are two schools here im interested in attending and i got meeting to go check out both schools and stuff. but do i need to apply and be accepted before filling out fafsa?
I don't think so breh, just ask the staff at each college's financial aid office for the school code... you can enter more than one school code on the fafsa website if I'm not mistaken....

Also, I'm going knockin out all my 100 & 200 level classes at a community college and transfering out to either Chico state, cal poly or Humboldt state.. going into animal science (heeeellllaaaaa beezies in that program) or wildlife management... 1

ELPOLLITO

COUNTINCHINGADERA
Mar 15, 2010
ELCOLLINS
I went for like a semster, basically told all the teachers to go fuck themselves and dropped all my classes except communication. Park needs an attitude adjustment before he can go back

Dec 12, 2006
I went back to school went I was 23 about to turn 24 and I havent had to pay a dime for tution, I actually want to be a electrician and eventually open my own business but you gotta plan for your life goin to shit, college is just a little extra insurance to help me get a job down the line

:ab:

blunt_hogg559
Jul 6, 2005
the best way to do it would be getting general ed out the way at community college, transfer to university to get the bachelor's. save a shit load of money.

grants and scholarships and the fafsa form are a must. this is America and there is a lot of free money out there for education.

if you are good with numbers, pursue a career with math. accounting. or get paid and go to finance. math gets you paid in the real world.

go to college for the puss too. I got my grad degree and now I work about 28 hrs a week making a full time salary.

the benefits will not become apparent immediately. keep that in mind. but time will pass, as it always does, and getting a degree now will pay off in the future.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
I might go to grad school for a masters in professional counciling if the money is right in that career path, I heard picking the right discipline in grad school is detrimental because there is a good chance a masters won't pay off unless its in specific fields where the price of the investment justifies the cost of school via the reward of a higher paying job once you get the degree. I heard with the way the economy is right now alot of people are changing fields and going back to schools to get MBAs.

We'll see how I can handle these 300- 400 level classes first, If I go for a masters I'll probably go part time and let my experience stack up while going to school. I'm sure a Masters (preferably an MBA) would elevate my career, I'm just not the most mathematically inclined person in the world. One reason I switched to communications is I didn't want to take 2 more semesters of Calculous and a semester of stats to get a degree, not to mention those pain in the ass accounting courses. Once I was done with college algebra I think I treated myself to a baseball steak and threw a party for myself!

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
I'm the type of kid you've seen in the hallways for years (Van Wilder), but I never seem to advance or move up, but that changed last year after my father passed away. I had to become determined enough for my own sake to finish my college degree, and I did just that.

I went from never having received an A grade final in a class (in all of my college career), to receiving 4 A's and one B last semester. My cumulative GPA was 1.53 going into that semester, and my term grade last semester landed me on the Dean's List with a 3.77. I also graduated last semester with my associates.

I have been studying psychology for some time, but will now be putting that on the back burner as a minor and will be majoring in theater with an emphasis on acting and stage direction. A speech professor of mine has been encouraging me to pursue acting, as well as my family for most of my life, so given the opportunities that he's given me and my new found determination to succeed with the most optimal results, I'm switching it up to try a new venture. I hope to transition to film one day.

I use to make excuses about how bad the teachers sucked, how hard the classes were, etc. until I grew a sack and accepted responsibility for my shortcomings. Turns out, school is pretty easy for me. It's too bad I wasted so much time partying and not giving a fuck because it has changed my life for the better.

Apr 25, 2002
Went to Cal State Stanislaus for my Bachelors (Bus Mgmt) and University of the Pacific for my MBA (Finance).

Everytime I hear people (uneducated) talking about you dont need school to make money I kind of chuckle. While it is true you dont, most of my friends who didnt go to college are stuggling to find $12/hr jobs.

Sep 24, 2006
thats me. i fucked around so much in high school. dropped out got my GED. Now im making 8.75 an hr and barely making enough money to afford anything. I pay rent and bills and put gas in my car and then im left with 20 bucks.

I figured id go and get a ba in accounting then try to move on and get a masters in it. Thats the goal but i have to try to get in to school first. ima call the two beezies from these schools tomorrow and go from there.

Dec 17, 2004
studied sociology and religious studies at san diego state

getting my masters in sociology of education at new york univ right now...will finish in may. its not gonna make me rich...or even close to it, but ive loved my higher ed experience and wouldnt trade it for anything. i wouldnt mind being a full time student my whole life

you could probably relate to my friend. he got his BA in accounting from univ of san diego last may....put him 90k in debt and in about 3 months found a banking job with chase. plans on doing that for a couple of years then wants to be a financial analyst. to be honest hes not the smartest guy, but he's just really determined and follows financial news and stock market and shit really closely now....basically he really loves money haha. he said hes noticed theres a lot of ppl within the banks who dont even have a college degree....just skills and they gradually move up. this might start changing though cause of the credential saturation our societys going through right now

Timm

Banned
Sep 16, 2008
Why the fuck would you do that? Look at it this way...the money is THERE! If you don't take it, somebody else will. Also, if you don't take it, you'll still be paying those loans back in 15 years.

Be smart.
Yeah I guess I'll apply for that money

:ab:

blunt_hogg559
Jul 6, 2005
college ain't the only path in life. vocational schools can be beneficial too, big time.

really, whatever it is you do, learn it front and back, and do it well. work hard. be an expert in your field. life will reward you.

don't let drugs or alcohol be the reason you don't pursue anything career wise, ever (I know this personally).

money ain't the end all to people's problems but definitely helps you (and your family) live decently. and that is big, imo: providing for your loved ones.