COLLEGE FOOTBALL WEEK 6 GAMES TO WATCH

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 9, 2002
We will see how long I can keep this up on a weekly basis. I picked a shitty week to bring it back, as its still early in the season and conference play is only a week old. Lots of "meh" games this week on paper.

No. 17 Florida at No. 1 LSU

If the RRS weren't being played this weekend, this would have been the GAME OF THE WEEK. This could be a preview of the SECCG, as Florida seems to have finally gotten Brantley comfortable in their system. LSU's defense will really put the clamps on the speed Florida usually has advantage of on most teams. However, defensive speed > offensive speed. This could be a long day for Brantley & Co.

Miami (FL) at No. 21 Virginia Tech

Miami got off to a very sluggish start last week against in state FCS rival Bethine-Cookman. Even though the score looked lopsided, Miami played poorly by their standards. David Wilson has been tearing it up on the ground for VT, even though VT got pounded by Clemson last week. The Hokies will be looking for blood, and Miami may be coming into Blacksburgh at the wrong time.

Arizona at Oregon State

Why is this game in here? Well, Arizona may be 1-4, but they have had a BRUTAL schedule to begin the season...and OSU might be just the cure. Or is it? Its hard to imagine Riley going 0-12. so a win has to be somewhere...right? AZ's D is less than stellar and may give Mannion some time to throw and get comfortable. If Stoops loses another, look for some rumblings in Tuscon.

No. 15 Auburn at No. 10 Arkansas

Auburn has more or less survived the first 5 games, only to drown a bit against surging Clemson. Arkansas can score, but can they stop anyone from scoring on them in the SEC? If AR loses, they will looking at 0-2 in the West....not a good place to be with LSU, Alabama, and Auburn in that division.

No. 24 Texas A&M at Texas Tech

Rivals they will be playing for the last time as Big 12 foes. Tech is Tech...the throw, throw, throw, run, throw. A&M cant seem to finish a game to save their lives. Tannenhill has been great, but has yet to show he can go the distance. Also, going 0-2 in the conference might burry them.

UNLV at Nevada

Only here becuase of being a rivalry. UNLV is bad at football, but Nevada has not show very much life themselves so far. Lantrip is not Kaepernick, with many Wolfpack fans were hoping he could be even a fraction of at this point.

Georgia at Tennessee

A rivalry that has Division standings on the line. UT is already down a game, while UGA is in a 3-way tie with USC and UF at the top of the West. Tyler Bray has been nothing short of spectacular thus far for the Vols, while Murray has been up and down for the Dawgs. This could easily turn into a shootout, or one of those old fashioned defensive struggles that ends up in a field goal battle.

Ohio State at No. 14 Nebraska

OSU is definitely down, and NU may be showing that its a bit overrated. We found out that Miller was not the answer at QB for the BUckeyes, who could have used s RS season. However, Bauserman may not be the answer either, as they continue to trade snaps in games. On the otherside, NU's Martinez is one hell of a runner...but he is not a good passer by any stretch of the imagination. While it seems that they have a identity crisis on offense, they need to figure it out before they get too deep into B10 conference play. GT has perfected the option system, while NU only dabbles in it when they should probably be going full throttle.

GAME OF THE WEEK

No. 3 Oklahoma vs. No. 11 Texas

This is one of the oldest and fiercest rivalries in all of college football. Not only is it a border war, but it usually has big time bowl implications on it becuase these two were in the same division for many years before 2011. Texas seems to be comfortable with the two-QB system, which most coaches usually cringe at. Landry Jones has done what he needs to do so far this season, and the Texas defense will be in his face all day. A good showing would boost his Heisman stock, and a win will probably give them a chance to get back to the #1 spot in the AP poll.

Oct 3, 2006
Thanks,these threads are great...I think LSU will rip Florida apart especially at home...I really hope it is LSU at the NCG, and not Bama...In my opinion they just deserve it more with the harder schedule...they beat the potential Pac 12 and Big East winners so hopefully they can win out the SEC. Even though I think A&M will win, I hope they choke and lose to Tech. Nevada I hope wins, and I think Nebraska will play with alot more determination and shit to prove they belong in the B1G.

:ab:

blunt_hogg559
Jul 6, 2005
Do you write the info yourself underneath the games? If so that's pretty impressive.
i was thinking the same thing. i hadn't had a chance to keep up with the college season like i wanted to.

dope thread i puko breh. we gonna need one of these for college bball too. i'm trying to go to Vegas the first and second rounds of march madness.

:ab:

blunt_hogg559
Jul 6, 2005
oh ok cool shit man. i was watching to see if the qb's Carr was gonna be off the chain like Dave Carr was for state. not yet but those are big shoes to fill. David Carr might be not that great at the pro level (i blame the teams he has played for) but when he was qb's at state we were super beasty. shit, the only reason state gets to play big opponents on their schedule now is because of the David Carr years.

Oct 3, 2006
oh ok cool shit man. i was watching to see if the qb's Carr was gonna be off the chain like Dave Carr was for state. not yet but those are big shoes to fill. David Carr might be not that great at the pro level (i blame the teams he has played for) but when he was qb's at state we were super beasty. shit, the only reason state gets to play big opponents on their schedule now is because of the David Carr years.
Honestly I think Derek is doing good, especially at his first year...I wonder how much better he would have been if he were to have started last year instead. They threw him into fire this year lol...But hopefully all this is is to give him some needed experience, especially when you played the Nebraska's and Ole Miss type teams. But yeah I agree, I think Espn chose to show more of Fresno games against the other WAC schools is cause there is always a chance of an upset with Fresno, but too bad there has not been any recently.

Apr 23, 2010
I'm still debating whether I should pick Oregon to cover the spread -24...
yeah idk....oregon should be them by alot but last year was close but cal is not the same team but at the same time oregon is not as good as last year. i would lean more to the ducks since its in oregon this time.

was gonna go to the game tonight but i woke up way to late to leave for Eugene lol