COLLEGE FOOTBALL GAMES TO WATCH WEEK 3

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 9, 2002
North Carolina at Rutgers

Rutgers lost Ray Rice to the draft, and his value to the team seems to be showing. They have two legit +1000 yards receivers and a senior QB. UNC is held down by Yates and an experienced defense. In a very down year for the ACC, UNC is in the mix.

No. 13 Kansas at No. 19 South Florida

Is Kansa for real? Is USF ranked too high? Kansas eased by two mid-majors, while USF struggled against UCF. This game may tell us who is who and where they really should be in the rankings.

Temple at Buffalo

These have been two very terrible teams in college football, but they are both 1-1 so far this year and could contend for a MAC title.

No. 2 Georgia at South Carolina

Georgia has a lot to prove and SC has the defense to prove it against. SC got dropped from the standing this past week, showing poor offense as usual. Moreno left last game with an injury, but will be ready this week. He has 6 TD’s in the first two games.

UCLA at No. 18 Brigham Young

BYU squeezed by against UW last week in a controversial penalty with 2 seconds left. Now, they return home to play another Pac-10 for in UCLA. UCLA comes off one of their biggest and most thrilling victories in some years at the hands of a 3rd string QB.

Michigan at Notre Dame

Which one of these teams stinks more? We will find out this weekend!

Georgia Tech at Virginia Tech

GT eeked by BC last week and VT looked shaky against a Div 1AA opponent. The ACC is wide open this year, and this one will put one team closer in the Coastal div.

Rice at Vanderbilt

In case you haven’t been paying attention, Rice is making a case as a legit team this year. Led by Senior’s Clement (QB), Dillard (WR), who have hooked up for TD’s 3rd most times in NCAA history, and 23 YO sophomore James Casey (TE, DE, WR, FB), the Rice offense is lethal. Vandy just comes off a huge win against SC and looks to go 3-0 to start the season.

No. 3 Oklahoma at Washington

UW had their hearts broken last week on a controversial flag at the end of the game that got a game-tieing XP blocked and giving BYU hopes in going to a BCA bowl this year. Oklahoma is hunting for a NC and are riding the back of sophomore sensation Sam Bradford, who had the best completion % in all of college football last year….as a freshman. UW will have their hands full and Oklahoma will have to keep Locker corralled.

No. 10 Wisconsin at No. 21 Fresno State

Big game that will test both teams. FSU wants to be involved in a BCS game this year and Wisconsin wants to take the Big 10 title and a BCS bowl for themselves as well. Wisconsin looked shaky in the first half last week, but went on to score 51 straight points to win handily. FSU was nose to nose with Rutgers, before pulling away in the 4th.

GAME OF THE WEEK

No. 5 Ohio State at No. 1 USC

Could it be any bigger than this game for week 3 of a season? This is what college football is made of, as old Rose Bowl rivals from the Pac-10 and Big 10 collide in Pasadena. OSU will start Beanie Wells after a scary injury last week and USC will ride the arm of Sanchez and the feet of Joe McKnight as a NC appearance will be possibly riding on this game for both teams.

Jul 24, 2005
I got these two upsets happening

Georgia Tech at Virginia Tech= Georgia Tech the option will be too much for vt

North Carolina at Rutgers= nc

May 9, 2002
I don't now if i would call GT over VT an upset..i think it may be the other way around the way VT has been playing.

And I think UNC is better than Rutgers at the moment. Rutgers has more talent, but they aren't using it correctly.

Apr 25, 2002
No. 10 Wisconsin at No. 21 Fresno State

Big game that will test both teams. FSU wants to be involved in a BCA game this year and Wisconsin wants to take the Big 10 title and a BCA bowl for themselves as well. Wisconsin looked shaky in the first half last week, but went on to score 51 straight points to win handily. FSU was nose to nose with Rutgers, before pulling away in the 4th.
I think this is going to be a bitch for UW. This will probably be the gauge for which way their season goes. Win will indicate good things on the horizon.

They look sharp when they aren't making penalties left and right. The secondary needs to step their game up.

May 9, 2002
Oregon @ Purdue??? Why Oklahoma vs Washington......Oklahoma is gonna kill em.....
Washington/Oklahoma has alot riding on it, as the Huskies are 0-2, got hoses last week, and the whole Sonics/Clay Bennett thing will be brought up as well.

Not to mention, IF the Sooners were to lose, they would be knocked so far out of the NC picture that it would be embarrassing. Oregon isnt in the top 15 and Purdue isnt as bad as the Huskies. We arent even sure how good Oregon is, to be honest. We all know how good Oklahoma is.

Dec 23, 2005
UCLA at No. 18 Brigham Young and Michigan at Notre Dame should be good games but No. 10 Wisconsin at No. 21 Fresno State is the game i am looking forward to.

May 1, 2007
Fresno State/ Wisconsin game should be great. I'm gonna be there so I hope they don't let me down. I think if FS stay focused and don't get overwhelmed by the fact they are playing a powerhouse like Wisconsin, they can win.

May 17, 2004
Yeah they are. I predict the winner of the Big East wont even be a 10 game winner.

That may be true for the winner of the ACC as well. Although, WF look real good...they are the best team in the ACC easily.

Will UNC win the Coastal??
damn i dont even know. acc is so bad im not wasting any more of my time watching them. whoever sucks the least is the answer