Cleveland Cavs Coach FIRED

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
What are yall thoughts on this? A man who just not too long ago got the coach of the year award. You get that, that means your coaching is good. I know after the Cavs were ousted this year from the playoffs, they need someone to pace blame on, a "fall guy". They chose Mike Brown. At what point do the players be held accountable? The coach can give you the plan, and the strategy, but ultimatley its on the players (those who are on the floor) to execute it. Yea, I know Lebron was prolly thinking bout D. West stickin dick up in his moms, but where is the mental toughness?! Im sure this is not the first time Lebron has heard of or knows of his mom gettin bent over by somebody.

These fools is makin MILLIONS of Dollars playing Basketball. I think the NBA should come with some new shit added to they contracts like:

Every missed free throw -$10,000 out your pay

Missed wide open Lay-ups - $15,000 out your pay

etc......

This would have them cats in there PRACTICIN fa real tho

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
I don't think Mike Brown is a great coach honestly

should all the blame be put on him? of course not

also, I think it was a step Cleveland had to make if they wanted to keep Lebron... you know he's not gonna come back to play for the same exact coach/team next year

so they're gonna have to make some big moves to try to keep him, this was just the first one

I honestly don't think it matters, he's probably gone if you ask me... Cleveland will be back to sucking next year... lol... I feel bad for their fans man... they're never gonna win shit over there

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
maybe they gonna try to get the lakers coach phil jackson over there to replace him. his contracts up after this year i think.
if they could get Phil Jackson I think Lebron would stay. I think it's possible too, if the money is right. You know Phil loves coaching great players, and as great as Kobe is... we all know he's gonna be on the declining part of his career, you could already argue that he is.

phil

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
the real fall guy is the celtics. when the lakers get mopped it will finally get some play. this team just aint to be fucked with right now. when you make the top 3 teams in the nba slobber on themselves, its no coincidence.

lebron and dwight arent having bad games or giving up. boston is keeping them from having good games and thats the bottom line. coaches, players, mascots, everybody but the celtics defense is getting blamed for these teams underperforming.

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
I love how close Brown got fired to the midnight deadline, like a half hour before. Being a defensive-minded coach, he couldnt figure out how to get the most of the Lebron and the offense, which was severely lacking in the playoffs, as we saw. And best believe, even though he may be leaving, Lebron had some say in the matter.

oh and Phil jackson aint goin nowhere. he's gonna take a "pay cut" (from something like 13 mil or 11 mil or whatever he makes now to 9 mil, big whoop) to stay.

phil

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
I love how close Brown got fired to the midnight deadline, like a half hour before. Being a defensive-minded coach, he couldnt figure out how to get the most of the Lebron and the offense, which was severely lacking in the playoffs, as we saw. And best believe, even though he may be leaving, Lebron had some say in the matter.

oh and Phil jackson aint goin nowhere. he's gonna take a "pay cut" (from something like 13 mil or 11 mil or whatever he makes now to 9 mil, big whoop) to stay.
the cavs dominated all year til round 2. it wasnt the coaches fault. thats like saying its larry browns fault the bobcats arent in the finals. he just doesnt have the squad. neither does cleveland. neither does orlando. neither does l.a.

theyre just going to have to wait til boston is too old to dominate.

Jan 12, 2006
the real fall guy is the celtics. when the lakers get mopped it will finally get some play. this team just aint to be fucked with right now. when you make the top 3 teams in the nba slobber on themselves, its no coincidence.

lebron and dwight arent having bad games or giving up. boston is keeping them from having good games and thats the bottom line. coaches, players, mascots, everybody but the celtics defense is getting blamed for these teams underperforming.

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
Here u go, i could be wrong.

The Lakers reportedly don't want to give coach Phil Jackson a multi-year deal, partially because they're convinced that a lockout is coming.
L.A. appears to be grooming Brian Shaw as a head coach replacement, though when the Jackson era will end is still unknown. Sam Amico of NBA.com writes that Jackson is "certainly a possibility" for the Cavaliers, who could offer him a massive salary to defect to Cleveland.