Cleaning gas smell

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 26, 2004
I had a gas container in my trunk when I had to hit the breaks but didn't realize the gas had spilled til I got back. I cleaned my trunk wit laundry soap but still has the gas smell in my car for 2 days. So is there another way to clean up and get rid of the gas smell?

Oct 3, 2006
I had a gas container in my trunk when I had to hit the breaks but didn't realize the gas had spilled til I got back. I cleaned my trunk wit laundry soap but still has the gas smell in my car for 2 days. So is there another way to clean up and get rid of the gas smell?
Is the smell still strong? Or does it seem like it is going away?

If not, I would just have it steamed cleaned. Check if there is a Groupon deal in your area for it.

Jun 5, 2004
I ran over a skunk once, that fucking smell didnt go away for 2 weeks.
Lol, one time i was going down the steepest part of fountaingrove, i see a skunk start running across the sidewalk and i cant stop in time... So this mothafucka runs exactly halfway into the street and just stops, im getting closer so im like ok ill just go over him between my tires. So of course right as im about to go over him, he takes the slooowest 3 waddles possible. So i run him over, but i only hit his tail and like the rear 15% of his of his body, like literally just enough to run over his butt cheeks and his stink sack... I could see him in the rearview he was waddling away hella wierd and this fuckin little cockskunker left the worst smell on my whip for a few days.

The day after i hit him i pulled up to the liquor store and was told by a bum that i stink... He yelled "Pee-yeew" when i walked by, and i yelled "its your upper lip"

Dec 26, 2004
So I finally jus got the carpet from the trunk and steamed cleaned it everyday! jus one lil spot I can smell but jus sprayed some freshener to it and done. I still had a lil gas smell in the car...
One dude at work said get 'odornex' (?) some overnite freshener, but he began to tell me another thing. He used to smoke in his vehicle and wanted to get that smell out, so his friend told him to cut some apples and sit overnite in the vehicle and itll go away. SO I did the same thing, cut some apples, left it overnite inside my vehicle and the trunk too. It fuckin worked!!! gas smell gone!!
Next time Im double baggin that gas tank, too much jus for a smell