CJ wants his name to be OCHO CINCO....really????

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 1, 2002
And since the NFL won't be adopting an XFL-like "Wear whatever you want on the back of your jersey" policy anytime soon, Chad's got two options: 1) Wear "Ocho Cinco" on the back of his jersey and pay massive fines every time he does it, or 2) actually have his name legally changed to "Ocho Cinco."

According to Pro Football Talk, Chad has "taken the first steps in the state of Florida toward legally changing his last name to Ocho Cinco."

I don't know what to tell you here. This isn't a normal guy. Maybe that's good, maybe that's bad ... I'm in no position to judge. As I've said before, I believe that Chad just likes to make noise with his mouth, and has little or no concern for the meaning of the words that might come out of it (and here's more bizarre evidence of that).

If the name change did actually happen, I don't know if I could bring myself to actually call him Ocho Cinco. On one hand, people have the right to be called whatever they want, but on the other hand, I don't feel like I'm doing Chad Johnson any favors by indulging his megalomaniacal whims.

You know, If your child comes to you one day and says, "Daddy, I want to be called 'Xontar, the Andromeda Galaxy's Prince of Pounding Spaghetti-O's'," I don't think it's in the best interests of the child if you enroll him in school as "Xontar, the Andromeda Galaxy's Prince of Pounding Spaghetti-O's."

He's a kid. It's a phase. And I'm not sure that we're dealing with any greater emotional capacity here with Chad.
BTW CANE- DID YOU COME UP WITH THIS YOURSELF, OR DID YOU LIFT IT OFF A JOURNALIST'S BLOG?

IF THIS IS YOURS I AM HIGHLY IMPRESSED.

Aug 9, 2006
i would find it hella annoying if he was just a decent reciver.....but since hes one of the best this shit hella cracks me up....hes one of the crazyest personalitys the nfl has ever seen in my memory...

its official

Maybe receiver Chad Johnson can go by the name that his head coach hates.

The Cincinnati Bengals receiver has legally changed his name to Chad Javon Ocho Cinco in Broward County, Fla., a switch that became official this week, according to several media reports. Johnson, who lives in Miami, didn’t return a message left on his cell phone Friday night.

“It’s something I don’t think anyone has ever done before,” he told the team’s Web site. “Have I ever had a reason for why I do what I do? I’m having fun.”

Two years ago, Johnson gave himself the moniker—a reference in Spanish to his No. 85—and put it on the back of his uniform before a game. Quarterback Carson Palmer ripped it off before the kickoff. After the season, coach Marvin Lewis—who dislikes Johnson’s attention-getting stunts—referred to the receiver as “Ocho Psycho.”

Bengals spokesman Jack Brennan said the Bengals had no comment on the matter.

Johnson has been a concern for the Bengals this season. He unsuccessfully lobbied for a trade in the offseason, threatening to sit out if he didn’t get his way. When the Bengals refused, he relented and showed up for minicamp, but complained that his right ankle was bothering him.

He had bone spurs removed from the ankle and was limited at the start of training camp. In the second preseason game, he landed awkwardly and temporarily dislocated his left shoulder. Johnson is wearing a harness and expects to play in the season opener against Baltimore.

Rossibreath

triple og from the sbp
Sep 1, 2005
Menasha
he shud just b quiet. hes annoying & the majority of his antics arent even funny any more just seems fake like hes tryin 2 hard 4 attemtion. prime example would b this & his gold jacket stunt. fail.

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
Bengals WR Johnson reportedly changes name

CINCINNATI (AP)—Maybe receiver Chad Johnson can go by the name that his head coach hates.

The Cincinnati Bengals receiver has legally changed his name to Chad Javon Ocho Cinco in Broward County, Fla., a switch that became official this week, according to several media reports. Johnson, who lives in Miami, didn’t return a message left on his cell phone Friday night.

“It’s something I don’t think anyone has ever done before,” he told the team’s Web site. “Have I ever had a reason for why I do what I do? I’m having fun.”

Two years ago, Johnson gave himself the moniker—a reference in Spanish to his No. 85—and put it on the back of his uniform before a game. Quarterback Carson Palmer ripped it off before the kickoff. After the season, coach Marvin Lewis—who dislikes Johnson’s attention-getting stunts—referred to the receiver as “Ocho Psycho.”

Bengals spokesman Jack Brennan said the Bengals had no comment on the matter.

Johnson has been a concern for the Bengals this season. He unsuccessfully lobbied for a trade in the offseason, threatening to sit out if he didn’t get his way. When the Bengals refused, he relented and showed up for minicamp, but complained that his right ankle was bothering him.

He had bone spurs removed from the ankle and was limited at the start of training camp. In the second preseason game, he landed awkwardly and temporarily dislocated his left shoulder. Johnson is wearing a harness and expects to play in the season opener against Baltimore.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-bengals-ochocinco&prov=ap&type=lgns

Feb 8, 2003
Chad a cool ass muthafucka he down to earth. he used to roll up to the clubs here in his pink escalade and throw money around at the hoes

I remember when i used to go to annies and the bengals show up there after a home game when they lost that day everyone in teh clucb used to clown them like the bengals aint shit then henry and them boys was ready to crack niggas heads.. .

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
Chad a cool ass muthafucka he down to earth. he used to roll up to the clubs here in his pink escalade and throw money around at the hoes
Really? Down to earth?

I'm not saying I don't like CJ... I think he's funny as fuck... but he seems pretty far away from Earth

lol @ calling him down to Earth and then talkin about how he rolls up to the club in a pink escalade and throws money at bitches... I don't think that's what your average down to Earth guy does on the weekends

Dec 4, 2006
You know, If your child comes to you one day and says, "Daddy, I want to be called 'Xontar, the Andromeda Galaxy's Prince of Pounding Spaghetti-O's'," I don't think it's in the best interests of the child if you enroll him in school as "Xontar, the Andromeda Galaxy's Prince of Pounding Spaghetti-O's."

HILARIOUS....