Chris Jericho Loses It, Attacks Female Fan

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

ty567

Sicc OG
Mar 26, 2006

Im gonna go ahead and have to side with Y2J on this one, he just wants to leave and is getting hounded, security is nowhere in sight. And the girl spits on him, wtf would you do? He has ZERO obligation to HAVE to take a picture with you, he said no. Get the fuck over it and let him leave.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
Its probably a publicity stunt to increase his bad guy wrestler image but those people were all in the wrong

ESFCE

Sicc OG
Dec 4, 2004
Different video with Jericho pouncing a guy + another fans explanation

Here is one report, courtesy of reader Danny Lo:

I just got back from the WWE RAW/ECW house show in Victoria BC. At the end of the show (which seemed to end pretty quickly and was about 1hour and 45 mins), a ton of fans were waiting outside by the exit ramp of the arena where the wrestlers arrive and leave. Chris jericho got into his car and had already left the exit ramp. Just as he was about to turn after a stop sign, a fan swarmed the driver's side , and proceeded to bang loudly on the window and repeatedly flashed middle fingers. Jericho then opened the door on the driver's side and tried to get the fan to leave, but the fan forcefully pushed it against jericho. This prompted Jericho to step out of the vehicle and a war of words began. This led to a ton of fans flocking over to where they were, and subsequently clogging up exiting traffic. I was not close enough to hear what was being said as I didn't want to associate myself with those fans but I could tell it was serious because Jericho's face was beet red. Then quickly jericho pounced on the guy and threw a couple punches (prompting the crowd to disperse and some shrieks of horror) before jumping into his rented car and speeding away. One of the WWE guys stayed behind and relayed the information to the cops. The security team that was recruited to control the crowd was absolutely pathetic in attempting to cool down the situation as well as controlling the crowd as a whole. Jericho also supposedly muttered "Can't the security do it's job properly?" or something to that effect In my opinion jericho is not at fault as what he was doing was self-defense, and to ward off idiotic fans.

Victoria has always had a bad string of luck regarding incidents with wrestlers. In 2005 a fan jumped the rail and tried to attack triple H after the main event, and in 2007 a couple fans nearly got into a fistfight with Jimmy Korderas and Tony Chimmel at ringside. WWE usually comes here every 2 years to this town, but I'm guessing this incident will get reported to WWE HQ and subsequently the wait will be even longer. It is quite sad and disheartening to see fans go to such lengths to piss off the wrestlers outside of the ring. During the show, sure that's what you get for paying but not as they're trying to catch a flight to the next city. The event was overall very entertaining but unfortunately this incident caused it to end on a sour note on a personal level.

Also...

I forgot to add some details. During the pre-match promo jericho built heat by saying that he could get into the stands and "beat the living crap out of any and all of the fans", and that he disliked canada. I guess some idiot took this way to seriously and decided to try him. Shows how ignorant and foolish some wrestling fans are.

Jan 18, 2006
he shouldnt get punished for this but if its not part of the storyline which i highly doubt it is i think hes gonna get suspended.

ESFCE

Sicc OG
Dec 4, 2004
i doubt they will suspend him or punish him. shit was fair game, they got in front of his car and were harrassing him, and the girl pushed him, so he was provoked. you see fans run into the ring area all the time and wrestlers immediately start punching em, they never get suspended because its always provoked.

as far as the dude who Jericho pounced on in the 2nd video, im not sure if he even laid hands on Jericho....that might be a lawsuit.

May 2, 2007
www.wevegotthejazz.com
i doubt they will suspend him or punish him. shit was fair game, they got in front of his car and were harrassing him, and the girl pushed him, so he was provoked. you see fans run into the ring area all the time and wrestlers immediately start punching em, they never get suspended because its always provoked.

as far as the dude who Jericho pounced on in the 2nd video, im not sure if he even laid hands on Jericho....that might be a lawsuit.
It looks like the same dude that rushed him after he hit the chick in the first video.

Nov 5, 2004
I wanted to see Y2J really whop someone.

And LMAO @ these pathetic wrestling fans taking it to these extremes. Goddamn it ain't that serious.

ESFCE

Sicc OG
Dec 4, 2004
told yall dude aint gettin suspended

WWE ISSUES COMMENT ON CHRIS JERICHO INCIDENT
by Dave Scherer @ 4:17 PM on 2/8/2009

WWE issued the following comment to TMZ.com today in response to the incident that took place with fans yesterday in Victoria, BC.

"After leaving a live event in Victoria, British Columbia on Saturday evening, Chris Jericho's car was attacked by a mob when he was stopped at a stop sign. Unable to proceed, Chris Jericho exited his car to ask the crowd to clear a path so he could continue through the intersection. A man and a woman physically and verbally assaulted Mr. Jericho. Arena and WWE security arrived to establish enough order to allow Mr. Jericho to re-enter his vehicle and depart. The local police arrived minutes later. Mr. Jericho was unharmed in the incident. The WWE is working with local authorities who are investigating the incident to identify the man and woman who fled the scene."

From what I have seen and heard about the incident, the fans were the problem here. There was no excuse for them blocking the path of his car and touching it. Some may say that he shouldn't have gotten out of the car but I say what was he supposed to do? There is a mob surrounding you and you are supposed to sit there and wait for whatever it is they have planned? Not me. The cretin fans were totally responsible for the incident in my opinion.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
That punk ass security guard that Jericho shoved is fucking hilarious. Those jobs are filled with unqualified big men, who know nothing of being actual security. The only thing they got going for them is that they're big, but if they lack the intellect for the job, then they are worthless.