Chilaquiles

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 13, 2002
montyslaw.blogspot.com
Thought I'd teach you guys a fast way to make em...

What you'll need:

Tortillas or Tortilla Chips
Vegetable Oil
Shredded Cheese
Canned Enchilada Salsa or Make your own (I have directions on how to make a good Salsa below)

Optional:
Eggs or
Chicken

You take either corn tortilla chips or corn tortillas cut up into chips, and put them on a pan with some oil.

You get them nice and crispy in the oil, put a little salt in the mix and then put the newly created chips (totopos) to the side on a seperate plate.

You then slice up some onions and put them into the pan with the oil and leave it for a little bit, eventually adding the chips to the onions inside the pan. Let them in there for a little bit to soak up the flavor...

Then you pour in the salsa, bring the heat down to low, add some shredded cheese on top and let it simmer for about five minutes or until cheese is melted.

Then enjoy!

The salsa, you can either buy canned enchilada sauce or make your own. If you wanna make your own, I'd recommend using Tomatillos (little green tomatoes that I'm not sure what they're called in English) and Chile de Arbol. You bring the Tomatillos and Chile in saucepan to a boil, then you put them into a blender with about a half cup of water and turn it into a Salsa, adding salt if needed.

Within this recipe, you can add stuff to it like eggs or chicken. For eggs, I'd put them in when you're cooking up the onions and chips and then continue to add the salsa after the eggs are cooked. If you want to add chicken, it should be cooked separately and shredded, but you add it in the same step.

Here's what it should look like:

Apr 3, 2008
its not Chilaquiles without eggs otherwise you got nachos.. and instead puttin the grilled onions in the Chilaquiles.... i put them on top of the carne asada that i put on top of the potatoes that i put on top of the Chilaquiles... thats the fat bastard way= super slapppn