Chicago St Pattys weekend

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 26, 2003
Never been to Chicago before, anyone know the city well? Meeting people in Madison Wisconsin and driving to Chicago for the weekend and staying downtown. My bday is on St Pattys so there's a pub crawl in the works for Saturday. What are the best bars, clubs, food spots, sights and all that shit? I'm considering a graduate program at the University of Illinois so I'll be at the campus for a few hours and then have the day free to wander around.

Dec 12, 2006
Im considering a graduate program at shut the fuck up and just follow the people in the green its fuckin St Patricks Day, who was English

Aug 26, 2002
WWW.YABITCHDONEME.COM
Never been to Chicago before, anyone know the city well? Meeting people in Madison Wisconsin and driving to Chicago for the weekend and staying downtown. My bday is on St Pattys so there's a pub crawl in the works for Saturday. What are the best bars, clubs, food spots, sights and all that shit? I'm considering a graduate program at the University of Illinois so I'll be at the campus for a few hours and then have the day free to wander around.
Go to a bar called KinCade's

http://kincadesbar.com/

I was up there 2 weeks ago and stopped by this bar. It was off the hook.
It's a Kansas University Bar, but it is also a Irish Pub type bar.
It's fucking huge too.

Food Spot? I have never been to a local food spot in Chicago and been disappointed.

Best Beef - Al's Itlian Beef (off of Taylor Street)
Connie's Pizza (Off of Archer)
Nuevo Leon (18th Street) for Mexican food

Just to name a couple

good luck

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
do you mean the U of Ill-Chicago? Because U of Ill. is in Champagne which is like 2 hours south of Chicago. UI-Chi is kind of in the middle of nowhere in regards to the city so you'd have to take a cab to wherever you'd like to see.
for bars go to Rush Street (older crowd) or Wrigleyville (younger). There's a bunch of pubs on State & Division I used to make deliveries for that are pretty chill. McFadden's, Finn McCool's, McGuire's are all right next to each other.
I'm not big on clubs so I can't help you there.
Food I know a lot about lol. The best beef is at Al's, like jl said. There's also a chain around Chicago called Portillo's where everything is great. Beefs, hot dogs, combos (beef & italian sausage), burgers... Best pizza is debatable. For deep dish you can try Giordano's, Lou Malnati's, Pizzeria Uno or Connie's. Most people love Home Run Inn for thin crust but I'm not a big fan.
For sights you can check out Wrigley Field, Shedd Aquarium, Lincoln Park Zoo, Lake Shore Drive. I recently found out there's a restaurant/bar on the 95th floor of the Hancock Building, so rather than taking the tour for $20 you can go up there and spend whatever you want on food and booze (it's a little pricey) and you have a view of the entire city.

Feb 26, 2003
do you mean the U of Ill-Chicago? Because U of Ill. is in Champagne which is like 2 hours south of Chicago. UI-Chi is kind of in the middle of nowhere in regards to the city so you'd have to take a cab to wherever you'd like to see.
for bars go to Rush Street (older crowd) or Wrigleyville (younger). There's a bunch of pubs on State & Division I used to make deliveries for that are pretty chill. McFadden's, Finn McCool's, McGuire's are all right next to each other.
I'm not big on clubs so I can't help you there.
Food I know a lot about lol. The best beef is at Al's, like jl said. There's also a chain around Chicago called Portillo's where everything is great. Beefs, hot dogs, combos (beef & italian sausage), burgers... Best pizza is debatable. For deep dish you can try Giordano's, Lou Malnati's, Pizzeria Uno or Connie's. Most people love Home Run Inn for thin crust but I'm not a big fan.
For sights you can check out Wrigley Field, Shedd Aquarium, Lincoln Park Zoo, Lake Shore Drive. I recently found out there's a restaurant/bar on the 95th floor of the Hancock Building, so rather than taking the tour for $20 you can go up there and spend whatever you want on food and booze (it's a little pricey) and you have a view of the entire city.
U of ill Chi... Right on thanks for the feedback everyone, definitely hitting the food spots. Looking forward to this trip next weekend I've heard nothing but good things about Chicago.

May 22, 2006
Chicago is poppin hard. You'll have a lot of fun. It's a huge city with hella people. Third biggest city I believe. Hella fun. I was out there for like 6 months. Don't wear ur hat Crooked

Dec 26, 2004
Wanna go back there again for a real visit. Been there twice but for a really short time hittin tourist spots wit some friends, but still had fun. Big ass city to wonder around. Next time wanna hit the real local scene. Heard bout that hat thing, even wit a Native symbol on it I was careful.