Chamillionaire Just Retired?????????

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 13, 2003
since people thinking he retired.....

Several days ago, I did a live broadcast from my site, Chamillionaire.com, to let fans know where I am right now and what my intentions are musically for the future. Instead of clearing things up, the broadcast unintentionally spawned rumors of my retirement from music. Since then, I have been bombarded with emails and phone calls regarding my so-called retirement and the reasons behind me not dropping the promised "Venom" album.

It was definitely not my intention to mislead anyone into thinking that I plan to completely retire from music. I love making music and will continue to do so. What I am retiring is the "Mixtape Messiah" part of my career. This means no more jacking beats and no more underground mixtapes. I have been making and putting them out for over a decade and I feel like it is time to step to another level. The upcoming installment of the "Mixtape Messiah" series, "Mixtape Messiah 7", will be the final one. Moving forward, a large majority of the music I release will be on original beats.

Additionally, even though I don't plan on releasing any of the original material that I had wanted to call "Venom", I will definitely be releasing a third Chamillionaire album with Universal. I am confident that my true fans will have plenty of fresh, new music to be as excited about as I am and I look forward to supplying their demand for new music.

I hope that my fans will understand that over time, you grow as a person and this means you will evolve as an artist. The experiences that you encounter throughout your life all contribute to those changes and that is bound to affect the music an artist feels like making at any given time. I love that my fans feel so deeply about the work I have done in the mixtape scene or the "Get Ya Mind Correct" era of my career, but at this time I want to focus 100% of my studio time on perfecting the commercial music I will release in the future.

Thanks for understanding.

Chamillionaire

prodigy91

@jordvnxsf
Mar 20, 2008
SF
Rap is just like gangbangin, the only way out is getting shot or getting life in jail. or you can decide against those two and continue rapping and ask to get shot again, or record your rhymes from the payphone in jail.

Jun 4, 2004
August 4th.....

dope cover...

On August 4th you will be able to log on to www.chamillionaire.com and download the last and final installment of the Mixtape Messiah series I will be randomly leaking tracks from Mixtape Messiah 7 before the release so anytime you see a countdown on the site it could possibly be a new leak. This release will be a double disc so the people who worry that they will have already heard everything by the drop date can be reassured that there will still still be a lot of fresh new music on August 4th.

Here is a couple Mixtape Messiah 7 exclusives for the O.G. fans.

Chamillionaire "DENZEL WASHINGTON" Feat. ZRO

Chamillionaire "GUCCI & FENDI"

The new brand that I have created will be called "MAJOR PAIN" and all of the cds I release from now on will be "AUTHORIZED LEAK CDS". I think its time to start doing more real songs in instead of jacking everyone else's tracks and releasing those. I know there are a lot of fans that will argue that I have been successful at that for over a decade and thats part of the reason why I feel like its time to step to another challenge. I have done everything that anyone could possibly do in the Mixtape world and its time to move on to something fresh and new.

The demand for my mixtapes have been growing larger because of my mainstream success and im at a point where I dont have enough resources and people to help supply the demand. The reason why I dont ship to international locations and APO & FPO addresses is because I simply can't handle the amount of orders that have been coming in. It takes a lot to supply the world and its time to make things a little bigger. When a cd drops from now on it will be shipped through a 3rd party and everyone will be able to purchase it. The music will be authorized material so you will also be able to get whatever I drop on itunes also. I will put the release date for the first major pain cd on www.chamillionaire.com as soon as I have it confirmed. The music that I will release on this new brand will be music that I feel is dope and it won't be music from any other cd. It will be completely exclusive material that I feel represents me and my new brand the best. No you don't have to worry about it being too commercial and trust me, there won't anybody standing over my shoulder telling me what to release. I put my stamp on everything that will drop.

There will only be 100 real cds of Mixtape Messiah 7. Each autographed double disc cd will include the full 6 panel artwork and a real 100 dollar bill attached inside. There will be no more lizard autographed copies of any cd after these are gone. I will give most of them away on chamillionaire.com and I will put a couple of the copies on ebay. I will also give away some copies at random radio stations across the nation. If you know me and want a copy, don't ask me because these are for the fans. The cds that I give away on chamillionaire.com will be given to fans that will explain why they should have a personal copy of the last Mixtape Messiah. I will go in more detail in what you will have to do at the next update.

I will give all of the jeans away before I give away the cd's except I will give those away just on chamillionaire.com and a couple on ebay. Thanks to all of the fans who have supported me over the years that haven't changed up on me because of any changes you feel I have made. I really appreciate it.

My email is [email protected]

Holla at me anytime. I read all of my messages.

Jun 4, 2004
I gotta respect the direction Cham is taking... I am tired of hearing rappers jackin' beats, flows, etc... taking it back to originality. Props to Chamillionaire on this move....