CERN - Large Hadron Collider

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 29, 2010
To be a bit brief about this I am sure most of you know what the LHC is used for and the possibilities scientist hope to find and achieve from using this machine. Possibilities such as evidence of dark matter unveil new dimensions the big bang theory and so forth. Upon the LHC's successful run at smashing protons at low/half power they will eventually in a year run the machine at full power. My question is do you think man is truly ready to contain something we still know little about and just have hypothesis about?

Many speculate the outcome from doing this will create a black hole in our own planet. What is it you think?

Jul 6, 2008
i think it would of already created a black hole, if anything.

yea, we are ready now. just think, if they didnt have this thing up and running in the present, they would have done this project within the next 10 years, so why avoid it. they were gonna do it anyways.

plus, i think in the future, they will be doing even bigger experimetns than this, so this is on a much smaller scale, than what they have planned for doing these kind of experiments in the future.

im sure they did computer models to see what would happen when it ran at full speed. they arent dumb, but there are chances and risks, who knows what the % are of some crazy shit happening.

i used to be skeptical about this collider shit, but we dont have any power or say over it. enjoy your life.

Jan 31, 2008
i
yea, we are ready now. just think, if they didnt have this thing up and running in the present, they would have done this project within the next 10 years, so why avoid it. they were gonna do it anyways.

plus, i think in the future, they will be doing even bigger experimetns than this, so this is on a much smaller scale, than what they have planned for doing these kind of experiments in the future.
and this supports my vews that there can be no "technology advanced" ETs without the need for a social/"spiritual"/maturity/realness, evolution.

so fear not the greys or " scary ets, etc invading becasue they/we have no chance of pwning such a socially and technologicaly advanced "race".

Apr 29, 2010
i think it would of already created a black hole, if anything.

im sure they did computer models to see what would happen when it ran at full speed. they arent dumb, but there are chances and risks, who knows what the % are of some crazy shit happening.

i used to be skeptical about this collider shit, but we dont have any power or say over it. enjoy your life.
I imagine they have run many computer scenarios. But to think, we are dealing with a force we know very little about and are still trying to figure out to see if our theories are correct. That's the whole point of the LHC is too re-create the big bang in a sense to see how it all began and so forth.

I belive this is one of the largest experiments to ever take place. True we have no say in it but their are some things man should not experiment with and it would be this.

Jun 9, 2007
I'm all for it. If it creates a black hole and destroys earth, we will all be part of the most unique singular experience there has ever been and ever will be. We will all cease to exist at the exact same time.. if nothing bad happens, we will possibly discover things we could have never understood before if not for these experiments.

Win-Win situation.

Jul 6, 2008
come to think of it, i think in the future theyll do this in outer space.

just have some long nanotubes stretching out thru vast expanses of space and fire off particles colliding in the nanotubes.

this would be much safer away from any living organisms.

the big bang only happened once, ONCE, one time.

i have doubts that this experiment can recreate the big bang or some of it. only cuz it happened once in the universes lifetime.

i can see it getting somewhere shortly near the big bang and finding particles related to the big bang, but this experiment is only going to reveal partial bits and picees, you aint gonna get the whole jigsaw puzzle, you only gonna get a piece of it.

props, on the whole spiritual social awarenness to technology, that is what seperates teh alien races from us. they are more responsible amd understand the powers that they hold with their technology. they know how powerful thier technology is, and they know how to use it with care.

us humans cant even control oil spills or weapons, we are way off and on the wrong path as it is. we dont deserve advanced technology yet.

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
come to think of it, i think in the future theyll do this in outer space.

just have some long nanotubes stretching out thru vast expanses of space and fire off particles colliding in the nanotubes.
How exactly do you propose to build this? Have you seriously thought about what this would involve?