Celly Cel releases first Novel 'Big Faces'

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 16, 2002
Nice.

If you come from hardship and have interesting stories to tell, publishing a book IMO is another great way to translate your experiences into $$$$ while tapping into another market...

With record sale numbers dropping, as an artist, you've got to diversify....

Expand, and Build.

$.02

True, but I think he should of used his real name rather than his stage name for the book. Unless it was an autobiography. Just for the simple fact that the whole "rapper" stereotype thing will turn away a lot of potential customers. Or it's taken as a joke, glanced at & ignored. Good book marketing & using an unknown name I think leads people to have more of an open mind. Rather than being prejudged.

On top of that physical books are going digital now & people are reading less and less books. Thanks to the internet, cell phones, iPods, video games etc. Way too many things to do in today's world to take the time to pick up a book and read. Sad, but true IMO.

drewski.kalonji

Shark Finning & Grinning
May 17, 2002
Murky Bay Waters, CA
Die now or die later? The dilemma four young men face when forced to do business with mob boss, Vinny Rozetti. The job: a heist worth millions. The reward: six-figures. The catch: SURVIVE!

In the violent streets of California, Braylen, Joevon, Deandre, and Chi-Town are inseparable. They do everything together and keep blunts of "Cali Green" in heavy rotation. Their unique brand of carjackin' has labeled them "The Stun Gun Crew" a name given by baffled police and local media covering the case. When the Rozetti family, from New York, take over a chop shop on the West Coast, they find themselves in a no win situation.

When Russian agents, Detectives with hidden agendas, and a bitter Rival enter the equation; the stakes rise. A dark secret will be exposed, a bond between brothers will be broken, and the mob will stop at nothing to retrieve a stolen briefcase leaving carnage along the way.
NICE!

SF TRAXX

Composer / Producer
True, but I think he should of used his real name rather than his stage name for the book. Unless it was an autobiography. Just for the simple fact that the whole "rapper" stereotype thing will turn away a lot of potential customers. Or it's taken as a joke, glanced at & ignored. Good book marketing & using an unknown name I think leads people to have more of an open mind. Rather than being prejudged.

On top of that physical books are going digital now & people are reading less and less books. Thanks to the internet, cell phones, iPods, video games etc. Way too many things to do in today's world to take the time to pick up a book and read. Sad, but true IMO.
Agreed. As we travel further and further into the digital realm the demand for physical formats of media will eventually die off. (EG:Books, cds,etc) Because of this, there isn't going to be much money coming from the sales of media itself, the money is going to come from controlling the access to it...

$.02