CD drive been fucked up since july and still fucked up...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 2, 2004
It doesn't detect anything. CD's, floppy disk....etc

i figure if i get an ipod would i be able to get all the songs from my computer onto it despite having a fucked cd drive? i don't know how the ipod thing works.

ReKz

Sicc OG
May 26, 2002
cbrennan04 said:
It doesn't detect anything. CD's, floppy disk....etc

i figure if i get an ipod would i be able to get all the songs from my computer onto it despite having a fucked cd drive? i don't know how the ipod thing works.
Are you sure your talking about your CD drive???? Floppy disks (do people still use them?:dead: ) have nothing to do with it...the problem may lay somewhere else...

Try to explain your situation better....

Dec 2, 2004
Heres what i know.

Whenever i put in a blank cd my pc does not detect one. Same goes for any kind of cd wheather it's a music cd or a blank cd. Same goes for a floppy disk.

I was woundering what is that you guys use to get songs onto ipods? you think if i can get an ipod i should be able to get songs burned?

May 31, 2006
one time i deleted a pre installed cd program cuz i didnt think i needed it to burn CDs from Windows Media Player.. but after i deleted it, the computer would never read cds.. is that what you did? delete a program? if so, try to reinstall it..

May 5, 2004
right click on "my computer" icon click properties, click on hardware, then device manager, then scan for hardware changes, see if that helps u figure out whats the problem is

Jan 5, 2006
something cheaper would be one of those flash usb memory drives.. all you do is drag the files into the drive it reads on 'my computer' so something like G: Removable Drive

Aug 11, 2006
try getting one of those cd lense cleaners......might or might not work....cd drive is probably just bad in my opinion....my dvd drive does the same.....i figure it just gave out after burning a million movies...i can burn cds still too