CD Cover Design...Please peep

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
Damn, been away for a while...had to shake off some problems and now i'm back with some graphikz...doing this for a local SF rapper...dont know if he's big or anything...but damn i'm doing it for dirt cheap...but for black and white i thought it came out real clean..holla back with your comments!!!

I'm going to be finishing the cd tray tonight...

Apr 25, 2002
www.evilwayz.com
why only black & white?............its hard to create an eye catching cover wit only b/w...........its a good effort though.......id like to see just the front cover.........can u post that so i can give further thoughts?

Shemp

Graphic Artist
May 3, 2002
I'm diggin it - the photos are nice... if you got cleaan photos that are well composed, there's no need to crowd them with unnessesary graphics... nice work - I particulary like the spread w/ him up against the fence & the big face on the right hand side... keep it comin - peace...

Jul 7, 2002
cdbaby.com
yeah the artist himself

First of all just wanted to thank my man DK for the tite ass hook-up. I'm Charles Jay, the artist he did the layout and art for. I wnated to address a couple things. The reason we decided to go with black and white was because it was simple and clean and somethign different than what you see, kinda like me as an artist.. i don't rap like naybody from the Bay but I'm from SF. Dream Returned is my debut album and I hope all of you hit me up to get your copy ( [email protected]) if oyu want to hear somethin other thna killin niggas and fuckin bitches..there's soem real issues that i talk about..another thing, the reason i did the pic with me and pac was because i love that pic.. i took it when i was about 10 years old b4 he was all that and shit..its old and i wnated ppl to see it..i'm not tryign to compare us or nuthin but if u cop the album you'll see we are both revolutionaries, poets and men of color who want change

ComputerNerd

Graphic Artist
Apr 25, 2002
that cover is real clean........it's simple......kinda like a major lable cover. u see them major covers in the store, they keep it simple, but it's effective.......i gotta learn how to do that.........i crowd my shit like it's an old Master P cover........lol.........good shit DK.......

peace,

c.N.

Apr 25, 2002
Damn i'm really happy about the response...but Shemp and ComputerNerd giving me props...I guess I got to start way low in the game cause i'm charging cheap for this cover...but its all good...its the love for graphikz!!! haha thanks again for the responses

Jul 7, 2002
cdbaby.com
yeah he was a real cooh cat mane.. and for that person who asked where we got the picture, its REAL... I took it with him. He stayed in Oakland and I'm from Frisco... I was a kid than and he wa sin Digital Underground..