@carlos-chopp it up

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 26, 2002
Bacc In Texas

Some of your comments have caught my eye, not because you don't like the south musicc that much, but the reasons you say why you don't.
Your reasons are, to me, a lil out of touch with the actual facts,
so I'ma spit some info on the matter.

i don't like the south that much, people just don't like that shit cuz it's stupid now...before it use to be hella tight with tight beats and shit, now they talk bout all that ice cars how many earings n shyt they got and the beats sounds gay as fuck
Like i said, you don't like the south that much-cool, thats your thizzle. But lets go in depth on the matter so there can be a clear picture.
IMO, from the many different southern albums I buy, the beats are tighter now, than ever before.

-YOU WOULD HAVE TO BE SPECIFIC ON WHAT SOUTHERN ALBUMs YOU CONSIDER TO HAVE TIGHT BEATS.

-YOU WOULD HAVE TO BE SPECIFIC ON WHAT SOUTHERN ALBUMs YOU CONSIDER TO HAVE GAY BEATS.

EAST COAST, WEST COAST AND EVERYTHING IN BETWEEN HAVE TIGHT ALBUMS TO OFFER AND WEAK ALBUMS TO OFFER.
NOT ALL THE WEAK SHIT IS LOCATED IN THE SOUTH-
WEAK ALBUMS ARE A GLOBAL ISSUE.

EAST COAST, WEST COAST AND EVERYTHING IN BETWEEN rapp about ice and cars.
I DON'T THINK no region is exempt from that subject area.

it's not what it use to be like master p nolimit old shyt, 36mafia's old shit and a lot more. to much commercial shit...even the underground south shit is wack cept for devin, slimm thug, charmellion and a lil more. only rappers i like is some ATL shyt, devin, t rock and lil underground shit...
The example you use to describe the "old days" master P etc. ;
cuzz, Master P is Not the old south, Master P is the one that made it bigg-tru ; but Wreckshop, Swisha house, Rap-alot and others were puttin out southern hitts before and during Master pP days...
Too much commercial shit?? Folks, what coast is exempt from too much commercial shit....THERE isn't none.
THATS THE GAME, THATS THE MUSICC BIZ.

YOU WOULD HAVE TO BE SPECIFIC ON WHAT underground shit is wacc??
alot of your "reasons" were generalized statements...
meaning you put an entire region into one "ICE, BLING-BLING category.

The south is as diverse in musicc as the next coast..
examples include:
SCARFACE-who has g-street lyrics and beats
LUDA-who has wild, loud musicc, club shit
FLIP-who "sometimes" rapps about how he made it big, what he did to make it and what he has to show for it, with a touch of DJ screw flav

the rest is bunk and stupid.
WHAT IS STUPID....laid down what albums you think are stupid.
DON'T get me wrong, I'm not sayin the south doesn't have weak musicc...
EVERY COAST HAS WEAK MUSICC....
but what you consider to be weak, an entire city may consider the same artist to be str8 FIRE.
YOU KNOW THE SAYIN-
DIFFERENT STROKES, DIFFERENT FOLKS
HOLLA

D-Locc

Ry

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
  • Ry

Ry

maddog said:
and plus the south come up with more phrases that everybody uses in the songs and general speaking. bling bling, giving brain, oop thier it is and so on.
Also look how everybody is driving SUV's with 20's and shit, it was southern cats that popularized that shit...

Quick

May 6, 2002
Yay Area, CA
maddog said:
and plus the south come up with more phrases that everybody uses in the songs and general speaking. bling bling, giving brain, oop thier it is and so on.
I MEAN EVERY REGION HAS THERE OWN SLANG AND WUT NOT BUT TO SAY THAT THE SOUTH HAS THE MOST....OR BROUGHT THE MOST TO THE TABLE............ I WOULD HAVE TO DISAGREE COMPLETELY.

BUT BACK TO THE TOPIC.......

MYSELF I LIKE RAPPERS FROM THE SOUTH........OUTKAST.....LIL FLIP........DEVIN THE DUDE.....AND LUDA BUT THE BONE CRUSHERS AND DAVID BANNERS THOSE RAPPERS I CANT STAND.......

THE ONLY THING THAT I CANT STAND WITH THE RADIO ARTIST FROM THE SOUTH IS THE LYRICAL CONTENT......BONE CRUSHER....T.I........BIG TYMERS......CASH MONEY......THEY ALL GOT KNOCKIN ASS BEATS BUT THATS ALL...... IM NOT SAYING ALL BUT ALOT........ BUT THE ONLY ARTIST THAT I HEARD FROM THE SOUTH ARE ON THE RADIO.....

SO COULD SOMEONE RECOMMEND OTHER ARTIST FROM THE SOUTH, SO THAT I COULD CHECK THEM OUT..........

Ry

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
  • Ry

Ry

Quick said:

BUT BACK TO THE TOPIC.......

BUT THE BONE CRUSHERS AND DAVID BANNERS THOSE RAPPERS I CANT STAND.......

THE ONLY THING THAT I CANT STAND WITH THE RADIO ARTIST FROM THE SOUTH IS THE LYRICAL CONTENT......BONE CRUSHER....T.I........BIG TYMERS......CASH MONEY......THEY ALL GOT KNOCKIN ASS BEATS BUT THATS ALL...... IM NOT SAYING ALL BUT ALOT........ BUT THE ONLY ARTIST THAT I HEARD FROM THE SOUTH ARE ON THE RADIO.....

TI and David Banner are tight as hell, im not feeling Cash Money and Bone Crusher too much, but you wrong on those other cats.

If ya wanna hear some tight southern cats check out:

Paul Wall and Chamillionaire
Z-Ro
HAWK
MDDL FNGZ
Lil O
ESG
Boss Hawg Outlawz
Devin
Youngbloodz

Aug 7, 2002
D-Locc60 said:

Some of your comments have caught my eye, not because you don't like the south musicc that much, but the reasons you say why you don't.
Your reasons are, to me, a lil out of touch with the actual facts,
so I'ma spit some info on the matter.

Like i said, you don't like the south that much-cool, thats your thizzle. But lets go in depth on the matter so there can be a clear picture.
IMO, from the many different southern albums I buy, the beats are tighter now, than ever before.

-YOU WOULD HAVE TO BE SPECIFIC ON WHAT SOUTHERN ALBUMs YOU CONSIDER TO HAVE TIGHT BEATS.

-YOU WOULD HAVE TO BE SPECIFIC ON WHAT SOUTHERN ALBUMs YOU CONSIDER TO HAVE GAY BEATS.

EAST COAST, WEST COAST AND EVERYTHING IN BETWEEN HAVE TIGHT ALBUMS TO OFFER AND WEAK ALBUMS TO OFFER.
NOT ALL THE WEAK SHIT IS LOCATED IN THE SOUTH-
WEAK ALBUMS ARE A GLOBAL ISSUE.

EAST COAST, WEST COAST AND EVERYTHING IN BETWEEN rapp about ice and cars.
I DON'T THINK no region is exempt from that subject area.

The example you use to describe the "old days" master P etc. ;
cuzz, Master P is Not the old south, Master P is the one that made it bigg-tru ; but Wreckshop, Swisha house, Rap-alot and others were puttin out southern hitts before and during Master pP days...
Too much commercial shit?? Folks, what coast is exempt from too much commercial shit....THERE isn't none.
THATS THE GAME, THATS THE MUSICC BIZ.

YOU WOULD HAVE TO BE SPECIFIC ON WHAT underground shit is wacc??
alot of your "reasons" were generalized statements...
meaning you put an entire region into one "ICE, BLING-BLING category.

The south is as diverse in musicc as the next coast..
examples include:
SCARFACE-who has g-street lyrics and beats
LUDA-who has wild, loud musicc, club shit
FLIP-who "sometimes" rapps about how he made it big, what he did to make it and what he has to show for it, with a touch of DJ screw flav

WHAT IS STUPID....laid down what albums you think are stupid.
DON'T get me wrong, I'm not sayin the south doesn't have weak musicc...
EVERY COAST HAS WEAK MUSICC....
but what you consider to be weak, an entire city may consider the same artist to be str8 FIRE.
YOU KNOW THE SAYIN-
DIFFERENT STROKES, DIFFERENT FOLKS
HOLLA

D-Locc
I feel what you saying but i'm not really into the south anymore like i use to. I like some and the ones Im feelin is the ones i listed on the other topic. Let me give you an example of weak south music...David banner, new nolimit records, hypnotize minds are so so but there fallin down, cashmoney, and some undergrounds like guerilla maab newest shyt i'm just not into there shit except there old stuff. i heard that david banner cd from my homeboy and i think it's wack as hell, the beats are really really annoying I mean the only songs i'm feelin on this cd is the one from klc, caddillac 22's and like a pimp, The rest is just garbage. now, music like lil jon and the eastside boyz or ludacris or devin the dude, or dirty is some real tight shit right there, scarface is still tight too especially his lyrics and some of ATL are doing there thang too and basically those are actually the ones i listen to. The fresh new beats and club beats and beats like devin the dude and dirty, lil jon and a lil more is what most people from the south gonna listen to cuz most of the time the albums gonna be tight. What really pisses me off is the singles that we listen to on the radio or on tv some of'em be hella clean but when the album drops and you listen and you think it's wack then you can see the big differences on how the south has became weak, just like that david banner, field mob, baby and more. The ones i listen to are the ones that are keepin the south alive, thats why i stick with them artists/groups. But, like you said different strokes, different folks...
I'm not saying south has the most weakest shit check out eastcoast, midwest, and westcoast Alot of them motahfuckas have weak shit and Alot of producers have ran out of ideas on making beats, especially beats by the pounds They put all there hearts while they were with nolimit, dj paul and juicy j are fallin off, it's just not what it use to be feel me? The newer productions like lil jon and a lil more peeps are the ones that are making new tight shit that will get a nigga head boppin like a mothafucka and everybody's gonna go that direction.

just picked up that new ludacris and it's not even that tight, only has about 3 good songs. I'm sure his next one will be tight or better like 'word of mouf' and 'back for the first time'

Nov 10, 2002
@D-Locc60

"IMO, from the many different southern albums I buy, the beats are tighter now, than ever before."

I've been left bewildered by this statement and I find it truly hard to believe that anyone in their right state of mind could consider the half-assed beats of today to reign supreme over the production on CD's such as UGK - Super Tight, OutKast - Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik, Eightball & MJG - On Top of the World and DOZENS of Rap-A-Lot CD's of the early/mid-90's such as Scarface - The Diary, 5th Ward Boyz, ETC (the list goes on) -- in general anything by the likes of Mike Dean, John Bido & N.O. Joe. You're going to have to come up with some examples to support your view as I regard the beats I'm hearing from the South today as soulless generic garbage and something that has in general discouraged me from paying closer attention to the current state of the southern rap scene, with the exception of a few artists.. But in my opinion the same applies to every coast, but hey - that's just me, the new sound just clashes with my ears, I can't help it.

Quick

May 6, 2002
Yay Area, CA
playa RY said:
TI and David Banner are tight as hell, im not feeling Cash Money and Bone Crusher too much, but you wrong on those other cats.

If ya wanna hear some tight southern cats check out:

Z-Ro
HAWK
MDDL FNGZ
Lil O
ESG
Boss Hawg Outlawz
Devin
Youngbloodz
I WAS ONLY GOING BY THE "LIKE A PIMP" AND "24'S" SONGS......... SO I SHOULD TRY TO HEAR MORE FROM THEM THEN........

GOOD LOOKIN OUT THO.......

Apr 26, 2002
Bacc In Texas
I've been left bewildered by this statement and I find it truly hard to believe that anyone in their right state of mind could consider the half-assed beats of today to reign supreme over the production on CD's such as UGK - Super Tight, OutKast - Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik, Eightball & MJG - On Top of the World and DOZENS of Rap-A-Lot CD's of the early/mid-90's such as Scarface - The Diary, 5th Ward Boyz, ETC (the list goes on) -- in general anything by the likes of Mike Dean, John Bido & N.O. Joe. You're going to have to come up with some examples to support your view as I regard the beats I'm hearing from the South today as soulless generic garbage and something that has in general discouraged me from paying closer attention to the current state of the southern rap scene, with the exception of a few artists.. But in my opinion the same applies to every coast, but hey - that's just me, the new sound just clashes with my ears, I can't help it.
Z-Ro
Boss Hawg Outlawz
Devin
SCARFACE
LIL FLIP
DJ SCREW
UGK
ALL OF SWISHA HOUSE
RAP A LOT
ETC.

peep out the beats from ALL these artist and labels...

THIS IS WHY THE SOUTH IS HOTTER THAN ANY OTHER REGION...
YES....I SAID THAT.

LET me know what you think is "garbage" that is comin from the south. chopp it up.

AND DON'T GET ME WRONG, i'm not saying present day beats are better than "classic" albums of the past....
a "classic" album is just that..."classic"...
it cant be touched once its on that level.

holla

D-Locc

Aug 31, 2002
www.soundclick.com
D-Locc60 said:
Z-Ro
Boss Hawg Outlawz
Devin
SCARFACE
LIL FLIP
DJ SCREW
UGK
ALL OF SWISHA HOUSE
RAP A LOT
ETC.

holla

D-Locc
The Grit Boys
Gangsta Nip
K-rino
SPC
Guerilla Maab
Archie Lee
Lil Keke
Ronnie Spencer
Grimm
Dj D
5050 Twin
Charlie Boy
Wossness
Fat Pat
Mista Madd
Botany Boys
Dj DMD
Tow Down
Point Blank

just to name a few more off tops

jyeaya

Apr 25, 2002
SF
to anyone who is feelin disappointed in southern music these days, all you gotta do is listen to some South Park Coalition shit to realize that the south is more than bling bling and half assed beats..