"Caribou Lou" Gold Contest

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 4, 2008

“Caribou Lou”, Tech N9ne's party anthem celebrating one of his favorite drinks, is on its way to being the Kansas City King's first Gold Single! We are less than 100k downloads away from Tech receiving his first Gold Single plaque and we need your help. To share this experience, Tech N9ne and Strange Music are holding a contest – the winners of which will receive their very own limited-edition Gold Single plaque! How do you enter? It's easy! Simply send your "Caribou Lou" song-purchase receipt to [email protected] (forwarding the purchase confirmation email is the easiest way)! Receipts can be obtained from any music purchasing site or service (iTunes, Amazon, Zune, StrangeMusicInc.net Online Store, etc.). Encourage fellow fans to get reacquainted with "Caribou Lou" or introduce the track to your friends who aren’t familiar with it – either way, everyone can help Tech N9ne and Strange Music reach this monumental goal and have a chance to win a piece of history as well! As soon as the gold figure is reached, we will announce TEN lucky purchasers of "Caribou Lou" as winners of their very own limited-edition Gold Single Plaque from Tech N9ne – when Tech goes gold, so can you! Keep it Strange!

Nov 14, 2002
It's a plaque, dude.

And at any rate... Why the fuck shouldn't we all just get a free one of those for purchasing that album some 5 years ago?

"Are you a semi-fan of Tech N9ne who was thinking of perhaps buying his 5 year old track Caribou Lou? Yes? Well boy do we have a contest for you!"

Bullshit.

Kain

Sicc OG
Jun 16, 2004
This contest isn't aimed at new fans, per say, like you suggest Zero. It's aimed at the "die hard" fans that would buy 10 copies of Killer if asked to by Tech (which... you know... he did). Seeing as they're trying to push this single (5 years later), maybe they ought to give us a little something for it. Like... a video.

Anyway, if they're going to push something, why not try and push an album to gold status? I believe Absolute Power is well over 300,000. The album which the single they're pushing comes from was at 180,000 at last check which (possibly) puts it shy of Gold cert itself by 70,000 or less. Killer is in a similar boat, only about 125,000 shy.

Jul 1, 2004
This contest isn't aimed at new fans, per say, like you suggest Zero. It's aimed at the "die hard" fans that would buy 10 copies of Killer if asked to by Tech (which... you know... he did). Seeing as they're trying to push this single (5 years later), maybe they ought to give us a little something for it. Like... a video.

Anyway, if they're going to push something, why not try and push an album to gold status? I believe Absolute Power is well over 300,000. The album which the single they're pushing comes from was at 180,000 at last check which (possibly) puts it shy of Gold cert itself by 70,000 or less. Killer is in a similar boat, only about 125,000 shy.

LOL @ pushing a single 5 years later. You really think they'll give us a video for a 5 year old song? I doubt that. Should've been done in 2006...

Nov 20, 2004
www.MySpace.com
Whats all the bitchin for? Mothafuckaz want another plaque and I can’t hate that!
If you had thousands and thousands of fans and think you could push this, you know you would too! I bet it won’t take them long to get this done.

Anyway…
Is there a limit to this contest entry? Like can I buy it 5 times for a better chance?

Mar 3, 2003
www.facebook.com
Buying the song's like buying a raffle ticket, with one of those 5 gold plaques being the prize. If you're a big Tech fan, and even a collector of sorts, then it's a cheap, possibly worthwhile investment for a chance to win. Simple as that. Not to mention, it's a good look for Tech if some old ass favorite of his experiences a sudden spike in interest and sells.

Dec 14, 2005
Lets worry about relevant topics and have 6's 7's go double ultra plutonium.

They should already be hyping this shit.. its got Wayne on it, thats a gold plaque worth of new fans right there.

Nov 14, 2002
Are people still doing that? I understand back in the day, people used to do that. I didn't know people are so naive that they think they still need to "help" Tech. Dude is doin' a track with Wayne. He's got all the help he needs. LoL.
Anyway…
Is there a limit to this contest entry? Like can I buy it 5 times for a better chance?
Nevermind.