car stereo question

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Sicc OG
Jul 1, 2002
hometown.aol.com
sup. the speakers i have in my car need to be changed cause they are old. as you might know i drive a 5.0 gt and the car has 6 speakers. right now i have two 2.5" speakers. two 6.5" speakers and two 5x7 speakers. i already have subs and amps for my subs and my speakers. my question was you think i should get a component system? if so components are just 2 tweets and 2 mids so what would i use for my 5x7? or should i just get new shit like what a already have which are 3-way speakers. are components good with a system? any help would be greatly appreciated. also i was thinking about gettin infinity kappas what ya think about that?
thanks

May 11, 2002
Check out Sounddomain.com if you dont get the answers here bro. There is some knowledgeable people over there and many USACi finalists.

Ry

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
  • Ry

Ry

I would get some components for the front of the car, either in the doors or in the kick panels. Id replace the 5x7's with another set of 5x7's. Spend your money on the components, that is where you get good imaging, and clear highs. The back speakers are just for rear fill, and doesnt need some exoensive ass speakers, especially if you already have subs....

May 2, 2002
I would go with the components. Kappa's are cool...Infinity in general I think is a good product. Kicker has a real good component sytem...forgot the model though.

playa RY...The rear speakers are just not for fill. They are for surround sound. Think of it like a nice home entertainment center. You want quality sound coming from every direction. If you get shitty rear speakers, you will have shitty sound comin' from the back of the car. It won't sound right. The subs have nothing to do with it. The subs are for bass, the speakers are for your highs.....

Sicc OG
Jul 1, 2002
hometown.aol.com
alright thanks for everyone's replies just one more question though. i'm probably gonna get the 6.5" mb quart components with the tweeters but for my 5x7's in the back should i also get mb quarts? or can i mix with a different company? cause mb quart doesn't really make any nice 5x7's. based on msrp and features it looks like kappas or alpines are better. can i mix companies on the speakers or will it not sound as good. and if not are the mb quart coaxil speakers good? thanks!
thanks a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aug 22, 2002
www.therealtechn9ne.com
You can mix the speakers, whatever you want, it wont degrade the sound at all, but since you drive a 5.0 and you probably don't have many people riding in the back seat, just disconnect the rear speakers. It will sound better that way to listeners up front and save a little money. And for the record, if you have big bux there are components that will totally kill MB Quart...yall aint knowin about Focals and Rainbows..

Sicc OG
Jul 1, 2002
hometown.aol.com
ive heard of focals? what are rainbows? they the model or a company? yea i saw some $1500 component focals but they were three way with 6.5, 4.25, and tweets. and those 4.25's wont go in my back plus i aint gonna spend that much anyway

Sicc OG
Jul 1, 2002
hometown.aol.com
ok last question. i noticed all the component sets and some 5x7 speakers have those crossovers that come with them. i already have seperate crossover for my speakers and woofers. can i use both of them or would i have to bypass one of the crossovers. and my deck has a crossover. can i have em all hooked up?