Car Audio Question................

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
www.youtube.com
no one was talking about crossovers at all and no the kind of CAP we were talking about, cuts off the bass to the highs cause it filters out the frequentcy of the bass and lets only the highs go through. There are 2kinds of caps. One is used for the lights and keeping consistent power to the amps which is 12 volts constint and the other is used for cuttin out the bass. a POWER CAP is hella big and SMALL CAP looks more like a resister, If you have ever seen one.

May 12, 2002
all you need to know is that never have your positive terminal connected until your are finished installing everything...you will save yourself a lot of money by not blowing out fuses on your amp, your stereo, or even your amp wiring kit, it also depends on what gauge you buy your power wire to your amp, you need only a certain amount of current flowing. that will help out your cap. installing a stereo system is not hard and is an overated job...i could hook up a system in less than an hour on hondas, toyotas, volkswagens, and other euros...havent tried on any older cars yet. its all a matter of common sence. oh yeah...never touch two positives if power is running...you can phuck some shit up...

two 12" blau punkts competition speakers in a band pass box, 800 pioneer amp with built in eq, stock speakers, 250 watt kenwood amp hooked to 2 small tweeters(no caps), sony explode stereo...

Apr 25, 2002
www.youtube.com
Ya you are going off on some pretty basic tips which is good to know. You have a tight system dogg keep up the good work. I install a system in like 2hours cause I hella take my time to hide all the wires. I have 5gage wire going through my shit. At least I think that is what it is. IT is the hella thick shit.

May 12, 2002
yup, you will not spot any of my wires anywhere in my car except for the power wire, but i hooked up a system on a jetta, that was spotless, the basics are the most important, and a whole lot of peeps dont know them. thx about the compliment about my ride...peace

Apr 25, 2002
www.youtube.com
ya i know hella people do not know them. like the main one is to run the wires underneith the carpet along the floor paneling and to make sure when you run the power wire inside the car from the battery to cock the hole where you ran the wire just to be safe to keep out water and shit.

my 4 gage wire runs into a distribution block for both amps and the neons to power. Also I got one of those phat ass fuses in the front.