can somebody tell me why

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 5, 2004
www.myspace.com
isn't there any northwest artist in underground magazines like murderdog...at least a review or something it seem like they cover every region besides ours..and have you guys see the album covers in there and the artist they interview they should be no excuse why were not in there

Dec 11, 2002
Its not easy to get a review in a magazine like MurderDog, XXL, Vibe, etc... unless youre paying for advertising and they include a blurb review in your total package... money talks..

Cool Nutz, 151 and a couple others have been featured tho'...

Apr 25, 2002
KALYN HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD...MONEY TALKS AND BULLSHIT WALKS...
I KNOW MURDERDOG AND THE REST ALL CHARGE SOME CASH...YOU BUY ADVERTS AND YOU CAN GET AN INTERVIEW,,,IT ALSO WORKS THAT WAY WITH MAKING THE COVER...IF YOU NOTICE,BACK IN THE DAY MURDERDOG NEVER HAD MAINSTREAM ARTISTS ON THE COVER....ONCE THE MAG GREW,THE MAINSTREAM SAW AN OPPORTUNITY TO EXPAND THEIR REACH CHEAPER....NO NOW INSTEAD OF SAY AN ESHAM ON THE COVER,INTERSCOPE IS PUTTING 50 ON THERE A LOT..,NOW I ALSO KNOW MURDERDOG WILL REVIEW YOUR CD WITHOUT YOU PAYING,BUT THEY ONLY DO SO MANY...I JUST WONDER IF ANYONE IN THE NW IS SENDING IN THEIR CDS FOR REVIEW???

Dec 11, 2002
TRAGIC LOSSES said:
NOW I ALSO KNOW MURDERDOG WILL REVIEW YOUR CD WITHOUT YOU PAYING,BUT THEY ONLY DO SO MANY...I JUST WONDER IF ANYONE IN THE NW IS SENDING IN THEIR CDS FOR REVIEW???

I know I have submitted CD's for review to MurderDog, XXL and Vibe... but you have to have the right connect in order to even get past the mailroom.. the Indie folks that are getting the reviews are contacting the right person or someone is speakin' their name to the right person.

I have also had a package returned unopened.. with a stamp on it.. undeliverable as addressed- meaning, wrong contact person or lack of a direct name.