Can i use my Planet Phatt with FL

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Wold

Sicc OG
Apr 12, 2005
I have my Planet Phatt hocked up to my Keyborad and i was told i can use it with FL?

Dose anyone know if i can use it with FL... and if not, then what soft were can i use it in?

I'm looking to use the sounds that came with it.

Jun 12, 2004
deepsleeprecords.com
You'd have to find a "dashboard" preset for FL to change patches on the fly.

Make the necessary connections. Midi out from your computer interface to midi in of the Planet Phatt.

Then assign a port to your midi output in the midi preferences within FL.

Add a midi out generator channel. Set the port of the miti out generator to that of your physical output that you just assigned. Then play some keys and do what you have to do.

You'll need your manual or something that lists your bank and patch settings for your midi instrument so that you can change patches within the midi out generator.

Wold

Sicc OG
Apr 12, 2005
22sleepy415 said:
You'll need your manual or something that lists your bank and patch settings for your midi instrument so that you can change patches within the midi out generator.
I don't have Manual. dam.

you mean a manual for the E-MU. if so i did not get one.

May 6, 2002
nonstop.bandcamp.com
U can also record the audio coming out of ur planet phatt into fruity loops..

I'm confused as to y ppl can't apriciate the ease of use in fruity loops... Its just as powerfull a program for sequencing tracks as cubase or other sequencers. I used it for ever... And I wasn't surprized to see that other industry producers I worked wit, respected and extreemly paid from music mind u, also have fl in there software arsenal as there "secret weapon" so to speak. I've seen a couple use it alone for sequencing. Its a vst/sample playback/sampler/sequencer... I like it...

Apr 12, 2005
www.freeloadmp3.com
Yeah I was at fenway park in boston watchin the redsox,after The game we was outside the park and I seen a guy bangin some buckets with drum sticks,so I already know its possible to make music with limited resources...I know beats can be made with fruity loops, i think you are puttin alittle extra on it as it being a secret weapon in there arsenal,It wouldve been more beleivable if you said a studio440 or an old dmx, or a lin9000.Lets keep it real for those that are users of fruity loops,its for the mostpart because this all they could afford when they started makin beats,this is what they are comfortable with and stuck with it and thats cool whatever works for ya,I have yet to here of anyone trading in there sp1200,mpc,for fruity loops,although some have for laptop with other software,I have two friends and they have used alot of equipment,one still has alot the other has a room filled with equipment here is a list but i might have forgotten some stuff,and I aint talked to him in months
akai S2000
akai mpc3000
akai MPC4000
emu SP1200
ensoniq ASR10 RACK
ensoniq ASRX
roland mv8000
moog voyager
studio electronics se1 Rack
yamaha motif es rack
roland fantom x
roland juno106
roland 5050
roland 1080
roland-vsynth
korg-triton
korg-ms2000
waldorf-microQ rack
emu-proteus2000 rack
emu-vintage keys rack
emu-mo phatt rack
kurzweil-k2000 rack
novation supernova rack
Korg Kaos (dont sleep on this)
2 1200 turntables and crates of vinyl
software(im not thinking he needs fruity loops newest update)
oh yeah alot of synths have the expansion cards maxed out

Yeah he has software and even made a few beats with reason,but when you have flexibilty in these machines with a sound that cant be duplicated then why are ya gonna use fruity loops?

Sep 25, 2005
fruity loops does not have a "sound". unless you are referring to the effects or the samples that come pre-loaded. You can obtain your samples from any source and record audio from any source, such as that list of synthesizers you're talking about.

I have FL and cubase and I use FL for most of my sampling and sequencing. Cubase is easier to record and edit audio on the fly tho.

the only thing I don't like about fruty loops is the name. :dead:

May 6, 2002
nonstop.bandcamp.com
If ur a gear head.. Its coo.. But fruity loos is waaay more flexible then reason... Matter of fact... U can use reason in fruity loops...

But don't put words in my mouth... I said nuthin about tradin shit in for fruity loops... I said use it in conjunction... It has a lot of capabilities that are over looked because of the rep it got.

Its really a matter of what ur comfortable using

Apr 12, 2005
www.freeloadmp3.com
taetae said:
fruity loops does not have a "sound". unless you are referring to the effects or the samples that come pre-loaded. You can obtain your samples from any source and record audio from any source, such as that list of synthesizers you're talking about.

I have FL and cubase and I use FL for most of my sampling and sequencing. Cubase is easier to record and edit audio on the fly tho.

the only thing I don't like about fruty loops is the name. :dead:
When I said duplicating a sound I meant more the sequencing such as the mpc,sp1200,linn900 etc
again its not what equipment you have but what you put in it,I was at my house fuckin with my talkbox and dx100 and my boy came over played my dx100(small synth around3ft in length small ass keys ) and It sounded like a whole different keyboard,It didint sound like that when i played it
I know computers can be manipulated and you can tweak your shit,and Ive heard some tight beats made with fruity loops,as I have with old ensoniq eps,cazios etc.Im glad makin beats and recording has become affordable, compared to the 80s,or you wouldnt even have that many producing right now, back then It took a strong desire to shell ou$2745 for a sp12 with 1.2 seconds of sample time with an upgrade to 4.7 seconds for $795 to make it an sp12 turbo,then you might wanna buy some keys etc....It made you learn your equip thoroughly and overcome where it came up short by being creative like spinning that record as fast as you could to record as much as you could in that 1.2 seconds then just bring the tempo down on the recorded sample and there you have a longer sample time..now its plug and play clicking with a mouse,compare music especially R&B back in the 70s and 80s with today most is boring and repetetive today there is no life,back then they had brass sections, and a few keyboard players on stage drums percussion, Ive talked it over with a few people and they agree that computers are a great tool for recording ,and making music, but its cold and robotic,and lacks soul, touching the instruments and the subtle sounds from it.Software has come a long way since the atari days and I do beleive that some software could easily replace some synths,but,I havent been convinced it can or ever will duplicate some of the old analog keys of the past .i know there are moog emulators,majority have never heard or played the original..Im sure those software patches soond good and come close enough for some to reproduce a close enough sound to original pre-sets but thats where it stops ,these machines have good pre sets but its the tweaking of the filters(cause not everyone is satisfied by most the lame pre-sets) those filters cant be emulated,Its like comparing two mustangs, one stock v6, the other a v8 with a supercharger, yeah they look the same but turn on the engines and hear the difference...

Wold

Sicc OG
Apr 12, 2005
22sleepy415 said:
You'd have to find a "dashboard" preset for FL to change patches on the fly.

Make the necessary connections. Midi out from your computer interface to midi in of the Planet Phatt.

Then assign a port to your midi output in the midi preferences within FL.

Add a midi out generator channel. Set the port of the miti out generator to that of your physical output that you just assigned. Then play some keys and do what you have to do.

I'm still haveing the hardst fucking time getting this E-MU to work in FL..