Can anyone still take Messy Marv serious when he talks that gangsta sh_t?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 29, 2008
Personally I can't see how the nigga can come back from this shit. Not only did he get his ass whooped and got his jewels alleviated. He then goes and gives that lame ass interview crying about how Circus Circus didn't protect him from the bad guys. If your whole image is how you're a tough guy and you end up taking your jewelry off I don't see how you can come back from that.

2Pac had even more guns drawn on him and he didn't take his shit off for them niggas. And he sure didn't give an interview 3 weeks later sounding like pathetic, Pac took 5 shots and went to court the next day. Just showing the difference between a real and a fake nigga.

Last edited:

MysticOracle

si vis pacem para bellum
May 4, 2006
707- VALLEJO
yeah after attempting to listen to that interview..i think i got roughly 20 minutes in where messy like...i dont have a criminal history, no gang enhancement, basically renouncing everything he says on tracks...but then he goes off and wants people to feel sorry him like its not his fault its the upbringing, the environment which he just said he is not affiliated with...keep it real...you were caught slipping and took a fade...shit happens...but that interview really did more harm than anything

Feb 22, 2006
Cant win everyone..but this aint going to stop mess..50 a rat..pac told us big knows who shot him..game a fake blood real cats from the city know that..yuk gets punked..so what u sayin

Props: thizziks21

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
at the end of the day what is 'gangsta' is completely subjective to your intelligence of what an actual 'gangsta' is and what makes one. different on the east coast than it is on the west. different everywhere. from the ghetto to the burbs. it seems in 2013 theres a wide variation of gangsterism and what makes one 'gangsta'. theres no strict definition, is what i mean.

my opinion of 'gangsta' might vary so much differently than your's or another persons opinion of gangsta, that they are completely different people.

so what makes a gangsta? or what makes a thug?

cuz being a 'thug' or a 'gangsta' dosent necessarily take any skill or stripes or intelligence. so mess could very well be a thug ang a gangsta and all of that, but theres a food chain with gangsta shit. someone always bigger and badder and more mentally unstable than you thatll whip out broad daylight in front of 60 people rob you with a gun at your head and then kiss and nibble on your ear and pinch your butt.

now that gangster just did some completely gay shit to you, but he also just did some gangsta shit. i thought 'the wire' (tv show) did a great job of explaining how wide gangsterism can be and how its different, theres just common denominators in all of them.

to some peo[ple a 'gangsta' is someone who legitimately joined a gang, claiming is good enough. active or not. to some, you have to be currently active in your set, adult or not. not just rapping. to some, gangsta is an action. you 'do something gangsta', to some, gangsta is just stupid shit that even squares partake in. young white girls will roll a blunt put a hat on backwards and be like 'yo yo yo im gangsta" :waves hands around: and thats their real understanding of gangsta. to some, gangsta is like 'being a g' following certain protocol or codes that will consider you a "G" i could go on and on.

last i'd like to say, even gangstas get shot, robbed, etc. it happens to the best of them, trust me. what makes a gangsta in that situation is, if they see that same person again, in the same situation...will it go down again? if so, not a gangsta, the guy robbing you is. if not, shit its up to debate but its in your favor.

what im saying is mess could be a 'thug' or a 'gangsta' but in the real world, that dosen't mean a god damn thing if he is or not. not at all. half of the people questioning his credibility aint no gangsters neither.

and theres a whole lot of bitch made gangstas..wannabe's and real gangstas that are completely bitches in their hearts and it takes someone putting that shit on display to let it be known to everyone..ive ran into my share, punked a few and done far worse to others. but what im tryna say is a gangster is a wide definition that really dont have the same meaning as it did in 1991 in south central.

Last edited:

milkky

The Milk Man
Sep 6, 2010
^ I'm sure mess still has a strong under ground following in places like kc Denver Akron Minneapolis little rock Denver etc that still fuck with mess and would co sign his gangster.. Not everyone there hates him the way the bay does lol. He gets a hood pass damn near everywhere he goes so obviously he has some sort of "gangster" backbone.. Certain situations force people to either man up/"gangster" or back down"square" up.. Obviously mess has had his fair share of media down falls but a lot of the people hating on him seem to have more personal problems or dislike of his character more than have valid points to attack his "gangster".. The 99% who don't actually know dude can only go off two things to try and attack his character.. What they see on the Internet and what they hear from other people... Obviously mess seems to make himself a easy target but a lot of the hating is done purely on emotions

Oct 29, 2008
Cant win everyone..but this aint going to stop mess..50 a rat..pac told us big knows who shot him..game a fake blood real cats from the city know that..yuk gets punked..so what u sayin
Pac said Biggie knew who shot him, what's wrong with that? 50 may have ratted or may not have but you never heard about him getting robbed or going out like a sucka even his enemies say he ain't no bitch. Game may be a fake blood but I've seen him put real hands on niggas and nobody out in L.A seem to be running up on him and the one nigga that did ended up dead not long afterwards. Yuk sells no records so he's a good example of how you can't come back after being exposed as a sucka. Ever since Spider Loc put hands on Yuk and took his jewelry he's been getting treated like a Pinata' in L.A.

If Mess was white this would've been an issue.

I think at the end of the day your a brand, you make money off your name and if somebody hates on you and tries to mess up your name then go for what you know. People hate McDonald's becuz they sell beef and make kids fat but once you mess with McDonald's property they'll put your ass in jail and fine your ass. The rap game is so watered down this is what it has become but you have these dudes that hate and talk shit so much for no reason just to get attention nowadays. Fuck it I don't blame Mess get your money cuz that's what its all about these days

Props: milkky

T.C

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2003
Personally I can't see how the nigga can come back from this shit. Not only did he get his ass whooped and got his jewels alleviated. He then goes and gives that lame ass interview crying about how Circus Circus didn't protect him from the bad guys. If your whole image is how you're a tough guy and you end up taking your jewelry off I don't see how you can come back from that.

2Pac had even more guns drawn on him and he didn't take his shit off for them niggas. And he sure didn't give an interview 3 weeks later sounding like pathetic, Pac took 5 shots and went to court the next day. Just showing the difference between a real and a fake nigga.
I feel where you are coming from, but PAC isn't a good example cause he had a very shook sounding interview talking about his experience in jail. so does that make pac less real too? its hard to say, personally.